It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig farmer confessed to 49 killings, but now denies it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I couldn't find a thread on this guy, and the current events unfolding around this case, although not many details are coming out as there is a publication ban.

Its worth noting that police are unsure exactly how many women he killed, but he was quoted as saying.

During the first day of his trial, January 22, 2007, the Crown stated he confessed to forty-nine murders to an undercover police officer posing as a cell mate. The crown reported that Pickton told the officer that he wanted to kill another woman to make it an even 50, and that he was caught because he was "sloppy"

en.wikipedia.org...

Jurors had been warned that details of the case, until now under a publication ban in Canada, would be horrific.

The main question that came to mind, as the article does not give many details, but how did he dispose of the bodies?
Did he feed them to the pigs?

Both brothers raised pigs on the family's 17-acre (7-hectare) farm outside Vancouver.

Prevett said the government would prove that Pickton murdered the six women and butchered their remains. As a successful pig farmer, he said, Pickton had the expertise and equipment to dispose of them.

"The heads of the individuals had been cut in two, vertically," Prevett said. "With the skulls were left and right hands and the front parts of the left and right feet."

Prevett said one of Joesbury's earrings was found in the slaughterhouse. He said human bones were found mixed with manure and that part of Wolfe's jaw, with five teeth still attached, was found in a pig trough.

If he did feed them to the pigs, who ate the pigs

I found a letter he wrote while in jail, he says he is innocent and is being set up as the fall guy, yeah right

But its interesting reading his letter, he seems more concerned about the picture circulating the web and news, explaining that soon he will send updated pictures.

Pickton Letter.

And pictures of the victims with description is here.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I heard a blurb about this on FOX.

This must be one of the most horrific serial killers in history. And he msut have fed them to the pigs, they'll eat anything.

Absolutely horrible, how could anyone do something like this???

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is for sure a horror story, I read part and i could not read no more,

How can someone do this?

Its said that he had many partys up at his farm and even had events for charity,

This goes so beyond just him, they found human bones and flesh in the machines meaning other people have possible consumed remains when they have brought meat of him,

Goodness i feel ill just thinking about it,

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'll bet you Hollywood is right now trying to secure the rights to make a movie on this. Or maybe they will wait a bit to the heat is off then make their move.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
here is a good site that will keep you up to date on Pickton
www.crimelibrary.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Jeese, would't want to go there for holiday!

Here in the UK we had 5 hookers murdered and that was reported as the most serious crime of its type in the UK.

But 50? reading a bit about Vancouver's Downtown Eastside it sounds the place where this could happen, I can't see this being down all to one person - i think more people would need to be involved/even paying for this to stay hushed up for so long.

Mabey it wasn't just hookers murdered - a pig farm is obviosly a convient place to make people dissapear.

Think I'm gonna have a bacon buttie now!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Canoe is doing quite a bit of in depth coverage.

cnews.canoe.ca...

Ex

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I also read a bit about this , and I must say,

It took the police force a very long time to do anything.

50???
Count em........

50 missing women and they were too overwhelmed to do anything ?

They weren't even looking when they went to his pig farm
They were there looking for illegal firearms!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
History is replete with serial killers getting away or able to commit many of their horrendous crimes, many are caught for other infractions of the law before it becomse obvious of their true deviancy.. Ted Bundy was one of em.. take a look at www.crimelibrary.com and you will see just how many of these people there are.. another that comes to mind is the Greenriver killer.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is right in my backyard and let me tell you it's a circus!!!

The creep is only being charged with 26 "known" women, who's DNA was found throughout the farm, including IN PIG meat tested for human DNA.

Hundreds of women have gone missing from the GVRD area long before he was discovered.

He'd have wild parties out there too and the flyers for them were posted all over Vancouver.

He'll get what Canada considers a heavy sentence. 25 years. He'll appeal to no end and very likely get a reduction as he's got a good legal team.

It's very sad.

Book deals...movies...well that's the way it's done right? Making money off of the ill deeds of a sick SOB. What a world.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pickton lives in my city. One of my close friends used to attend parties at Piggy's Palace and said that Willy was a little off, but seemed nice enough. *shiver*

The police weren't even looking for these women and it took the efforts of a very determined journalist, Peter Warren, to publicly shame them into considering the fact that there was a serial killer at work and doing something about it. Prostitutes were a waste of the VPD's time.

One of the women's sisters had accused Pickton of having something to do with her sister's disappearance years before he was arrested, and the police did nothing about it. They possibly could have stopped him from killing some of these girls, if they had cared.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Duzey]

JG, if Pickton isn't a prime candidate for dangerous offender status, I don't know who is.....

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is the worst mass murder in Canadian history.

The Clifford Olson case does not even come close, other than in it's heinous disregard for human life.

The pig farmer may just get 25 years, but he'll never be released. He's imprisoned for the rest of his life, which I sincerely hope is a short one.

When the details of this case become known, it will cause worldwide disgust. I hope he gets 49 consecutive terms.

Also, I believe there is a law on the books where he cannot receive any funds from book deals, interviews, etc. Not sure about that, but I'll try to find out.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am unsure wether a criminal can profit from recounting his crimes but am not to sure about that.. I know that the info you seek is within the Criminal Notoriety Act but honestly I do not really understand it all... maybe someone can interpret?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drconfused
I know that the info you seek is within the Criminal Notoriety Act but honestly I do not really understand it all... maybe someone can interpret?

Thanks, drconfused...

Nor do I, but here's the Act;

www.gov.ns.ca...

An Act Respecting
the Profits of Criminal Notoriety

Be it enacted by the Governor and Assembly as follows:

1 This Act may be cited as the Criminal Notoriety Act.

2 The purpose of this Act is to prevent criminals from financially exploiting the notoriety of their crimes.

What follows is the typical gobble-de-gook of lawyerspeak which I am not even going to attempt to understand.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree Duzey...and Masqua...but I don't know that Canada will give him consecutive sentences...it's never been done successfully. Even Bernardo was able to thwart those attempts to a great extent.

Olson IS making a profit off of his killings and story. So has Bernardo. Supposedly to pay legal fees...yeah okay.

Canada needs to bring in the Death Penalty. It's taken me many years to come to that conclusion. We have such limited deterrents.

Pickton hopefully will be stuck in the system appealing till hell freezes over. I'll pay the taxes on that.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Canada needs to bring in the Death Penalty.

I certainly do not want to derail this thread with a discussion on the death penalty. No doubt it would be a good idea to make a thread for discussion in relation to this particular court case.

BUT... my only rebuttal to the death penalty is the case of Steven Truscott.

I agree with the unlikeliness of of consecutive life terms. However, Olson and Bernardo are still in jail and will remain there for the rest of their lives. So will this character when sentenced.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I fully support the idea of Capital Punishment to be returned to Canada.. but I do not believe that it works as a deterrent, at the least I have not been able to find any conclusive proof to that..
I think that any serial killer, pedophile, or sadistic rapist has in effect forfeited their life and should be dealt with in kind..

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Canada has had far too many cases of wrongful conviction to use the death penalty.

I also agree that consecutive sentences are unlikely. He will be deemed a dangerous offender and stay in prison until he gets taken out in a box.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have not been following the case very much but it is very interesting. One thing I am wondering... is there evidence that he actually committed the murders?

The bodies are there of course.... but how did he do it... Do they know?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How can he do this?

Erm well because he isn't like most people i would say. He obviously has no conscience and i would think a psychiatrist will find him to be some form of psychopath.

Truly a horrific crime, the uk news had a police spokesperson claiming that contaminated pigs may have entered the food chain. Contaminated pigs, hear pigs fed on humans.

It still amazes me that serial killers can go for so long without being caught, it shows the complexity of the minds you are dealing with. There are many more in our society that will probably get away with it forever.

Worrying, but at least this guy will get what he deserves (life imprisonment) and be unable to harm anyone else.

Pickton lives in my city. One of my close friends used to attend parties at Piggy's Palace and said that Willy was a little off, but seemed nice enough. *shiver*

Sadly being a "bit off" doesn't mean you're a psycopath. Sadly these people can usually blend into society without trouble. I'm glad to hear nothing bad happened to your friend though.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join