It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe that ET's should never step on our planet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They may bring diseases that could wipeout our population. Equivalent to the Spanish coming to the New World that almost wiped out the Native American population in North and South America, but especially in the South. And we may bring disease to them that could kill some of them that would make them believe we want to start a war with them.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree with you to the extent that they might bring a disease, but I think that they are probably intelligent enough to know to take precautions before they do so, especially if they have figured out interstellar travel.

It has been alleged in the past that some creatures may be toxic to human touch. I remember hearing about one case on Coast to Coast (I believe that it was in Brazil) where a military man picked up an ET and drove with it on his lap. Two weeks later his lungs failed and he died. So it is certainly possible that contact would need to be a carefully managed process.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I do too, for their own good. We've harnessed(lol) the smallest molecular levels of existence and what did we do with them? DESTRUCTION.

If I was a forward on the alien level, like a scout in the US west 200 years ago, my report would be, "Avoid this planet, they are as dangerous to us as they are to themselves."

[edit on 22-1-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Agree Intrepid....I also think the reason for the more abundance of sightings the last few decades is because they are monitoring us, concerned that we may gain understanding of the Anti-Grav technology (if the MIB's havent done it already) and are worried that we will be as horrible a neighbor to them as we are to each other on this planet.

A second reason they should not be coming here, is I feel many of them may be from another time, and the time/space dimension we are on now should not be touched and left alone to progress naturally.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I do too, for their own good. We've harnessed(lol) the smallest molecular levels of existence and what did we do with them? DESTRUCTION.

If I was a forward on the alien level, like a scout in the US west 200 years ago, my report would be, "Avoid this planet, they are as dangerous to us as they are to themselves."

I think it is more of our human arrogance to believe that we are the only planet that has struggled with nuclear weapons. This is not attacking intrepid, because many have made this claim. Self-hating humans are perhaps the highest of xenophobes; they are the ones who will wallow while the rest of us move towards the stars--faults and all. We will be the ones welcoming other peoples as brothers, not running from this as if they were our judges.

There are those who assume that humans are the only race having trouble with nuclear weapons. I have two points to make: 1) we've had the power of the atom for 60 years and used it twice. How many other races got to the point where they discovered nuclear weapons and totally destroyed themselves at the outset? And 2) how many other races have had to struggle with the ethical choices of nuclear (and worse!) weapons? Somehow they made it into space.

I'm not making excuses; humans have done some horrible things. But our greatest capacity is our ability to change and adapt. We have changed and adapted to this threat, and in my opinion we have done so with deliberate caution. We are going through growing pains that most likely every race in the cosmos has gone through.

Remember that our race is dealing with the impulses of survival--the very same that every other race probably needed in order to have the will to survive to this point. It is therefore likely that any race we meet will have gone through the same difficulties. They most likely understand what we are going through better than we do.

Don't hate our race so much that you deny us the ability to grow and through conversation and struggle slough off the sins of our youth. Instead, use the anger at our past to embrace the possibilities of the future. We are a young race, to be sure, one very flawed but with indomitable spirit.

[edit on 1/22/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You have voted Togetic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

Nice one.
I liked that post.

Makes me think of Thor on SG-1

"You are a young race, but you have potential"

Indeed we do.....

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
dam i hope its like star ship troopers god dam it would be fun to kill aliens of another world whales elephants and illegals are so boring

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
dam i hope its like star ship troopers god dam it would be fun to kill aliens of another world whales elephants and illegals are so boring

Well that just blew Togetics' pollyanna hopfulness to hell!

Humans, we live to kill!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's too late..they're already here. I live next door to one, what a weirdo.

top topics

join