It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

4 New photo's of a UFO taken today.

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hello again, I am bringing some more photographs to the table for discussion, showing some sort of bright object hovering in the sky.

I do not know what the object is, because; again I did not see it whilst taking the pictures. I would assume that it is a seagull, although, any other birds caught in today’s shots all show up black, and the object looks a little too large and bright to be a bird.

I had taken my dog to an eye vet in Falmouth, Cornwall, UK, this afternoon as he has a cataract in his left eye, he was really good for the vet so as a treat afterwards I decided to take him to another beach he has not been to before.

I don’t know what the beach is called, but I do know is that it is a couple of miles west of Falmouth. (I could probably find out if anyone really wants to know).

When we got there I could see that there were three ships anchored and queuing to enter Falmouth Docks just off the beach, two commercial boats and one Royal Navy (gunship?), so I went back to my van and picked up my camera to take a few snaps just in case I could get a decent picture.

I took several photographs around the beach and a few of the ships, and by chance the Royal Navy scrambled one of there helicopters which shot off to the west and then back across to the east and then came back to land on the ship again.

I didn’t really get any artistic photographs, but I did get these shots that I see no obvious explanation for.

I have resized the images to comply with ATS size regulations and after each picture there is at least one loss less cropped image of the object, but if you carry on to the bottom of the post you will find links to the original full size images.

I would appreciate it if people would stay on topic and adhere to ATS policy and rules, and please; no ridicule as I have already stated that I think it is most likely a seagull.

Here they are:

Pic 01



Zoom



Pic 02



Zoom



Pic 03



Zoom



Further zoom



Pic 04



Zoom




And here are the links to the original photographs:

Link 01

Link 02

Link 03

Link 04

Good luck, Regards xS_Gx




posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I wont believe in UFO's until someone get's a close up on a video camera. These photos can easily be photoshopped which makes people skeptical.



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hmm - judging by the distance and size they would have to a pretty big seagull!



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
you got the originals? (higher res than 800x600)
at the moment, the most likely explanation would be seaguls, as there is not enough detail in the photos youve posted to show a bird at that distance anything other than a little white spec. which is what these appear to be.

but wack up the originals and i'd love to have a closer look

[edit on 22/1/07 by lbennie]



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
hmm - judging by the distance and size they would have to a pretty big seagull!


how are you judging this distance?
they (the white dots) seem to blured for me to make an accurate assesment of distance



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logitechismykeyboard
I'm sorry but I wont believe in UFO's until someone get's a close up on a video camera. These photos can easily be photoshopped which makes people skeptical.


I still have the photo's on my camera's memory card in case anyone came up with that predictable line.^^

Thank you and yes Kronos thats the only reason I have not decided 100% that it is a seagull, just seems too big.
But you do get some fat gulls in these tourist parts.



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbennie
you got the originals? (higher res than 800x600)
at the moment, the most likely explanation would be seaguls, as there is not enough detail in the photos youve posted to show a bird at that distance anything other than a little white spec. which is what these appear to be.

but wack up the originals and i'd love to have a closer look

[edit on 22/1/07 by lbennie]


You can find the originals in the links at the bottom of the original post!

Good luck mate!



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
you sure?

would have to be a rather primitive camera to capture in that resolution. You could have had it set to that i spose.

what camera were you using, out of interest?



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbennie
you sure?

would have to be a rather primitive camera to capture in that resolution. You could have had it set to that i spose.

what camera were you using, out of interest?


It is a Kodak p880 quite a good digicam, the first pic is taken at 0.8mp then I realised that I had it set so low to be able to take 3000 pics on one card and the rest were taken at 8.0mp but I had to use full optical zoom and 2x digital zoom to get close up pics of the boats which probably distorts anything at a distance.

If I had'nt used the zoom's I never would have seen the object at all.



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logitechismykeyboard
I'm sorry but I wont believe in UFO's until someone get's a close up on a video camera. These photos can easily be photoshopped which makes people skeptical.


Good photos cannot be photoshopped easy, they would take atleast a bit of time and understanding of light, shadow, and perspective, and of course the know-how to use a image manipulation program such as photoshop.

As for a close-up video, that too can be faked.

In my opinion no photograph or video can be proof, but they can give possible insight. These however, are pretty good photos and appear realistic, in the respect that it looks natural.

Lets say it was a alien space craft, my guess would be its monitoring military manuevers. I think these beings keep a close guard on what the military is doing, since they probably understand that they are the dominate force (Among humans..). Heh..If they're aliens, they probably know what were gonna do before we even do it.


[edit on 22-1-2007 by Freezer]



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
seems it could be a helicopter or other navy craft with its landing lights on.

That's what they look like.



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
why do you , and your camera on the beach believe that you have a better perpective on thse " objects " than the bridge crew and look outs on the warship and tanker ??

if as claimed - they are large objects @ a distance - then they should be blisteringly obvious to the watch

any sigtigs reports from the navy / tanker operator ? or radar ?

my opinion here covers it .



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Or it could be a weather balloon.



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The area where the Photograph was taken is directly in line with the Western exercise areas. these areas stretch from Portland, westerly beyond the Lizard and into the Atlantic ( where the misile test firing areas are).
There are major exercises taking place daily off the coast of Plymouth and cornwall. the busiest days for this are Tuesdays and Thursdays when Nato ships that are undergoing deployment readiness training attempt to enter the port of plymouth (an unfriendly port for the exercise) whilst navigating simulated mine fields coming under attack from aircraft, fast patrole boats and gunfire from the land.
What you may have in your photographs is a towed target. these are targets that are towed behind an aircraft at a distance of aproximately 2 miles. A ship further out to sea then open fires on the target using 20mm and 30mm guns. The target contains telemetry instrumentation and then records how close the gunfire was to hitting it.
Because this towed target is towed at a distance of 2 miles it looks like it is flying autonoumasly due to the aircraft having passed way overhead by the time that the target flies over your position)
Flag officer sea training that runs these exercises also use drone targets for firing practice and Radar calibration. these are radio controlled and could also have been in use in that area at that time.

I am not trying to debunk your photographs at all. I am just attempting to explain what it is that you could have photographed. I am a firm believer in UFO/USO having seen on Radar things that fly faster, higher and manover better than anything we could produce at this moment in time

Other objects that are in use and have to be taken into consideration are flares and chaff (both heat seekeng and metalic) fired from warships undergiong training in the area. These objects stay airborn for quite a while after firing)

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
why do you , and your camera on the beach believe that you have a better perpective on thse " objects " than the bridge crew and look outs on the warship and tanker ??

if as claimed - they are large objects @ a distance - then they should be blisteringly obvious to the watch

any sigtigs reports from the navy / tanker operator ? or radar ?

my opinion here covers it .



I cant see why you would say that, because firstly I never said anything about having a better perspective than either of the bridge crews, and secondly I did say that I believe it is MOST LIKELY A SEAGULL.

I have not implied aywhere that this is an alien spaceship. And I havent CLAIMED it is a large object or had any guess at the distance all I said was that the only reason I am not 100% decided on a seagull is that it SEEMS to big and far away did you read my thread or just look at the pictures?


From original post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I would appreciate it if people would stay on topic and adhere to ATS policy and rules, and please; no ridicule as I have already stated that I think it is most likely a seagull.



No I havent checked out any reports from crews or radar, I was hoping somebody slightly more informed than me (A lazy country boy lol) might help me with that.

I have read and understand the theory behind your link and I also direct others to view it, as a lot of photographs can be explained this way, thank you for that it IS much apreciated.

I also considered that it (may!!) be a UAV actualy from the Navy vessel scanning the comercial ships comming in to dock.

Please note I am NOT saying that is what it is, as I still think it is most likely a fat bright seagull.



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by avriel
The area where the Photograph was taken is directly in line with the Western exercise areas. these areas stretch from Portland, westerly beyond the Lizard and into the Atlantic ( where the misile test firing areas are).
There are major exercises taking place daily off the coast of Plymouth and cornwall. the busiest days for this are Tuesdays and Thursdays when Nato ships that are undergoing deployment readiness training attempt to enter the port of plymouth (an unfriendly port for the exercise) whilst navigating simulated mine fields coming under attack from aircraft, fast patrole boats and gunfire from the land.
What you may have in your photographs is a towed target. these are targets that are towed behind an aircraft at a distance of aproximately 2 miles. A ship further out to sea then open fires on the target using 20mm and 30mm guns. The target contains telemetry instrumentation and then records how close the gunfire was to hitting it.
Because this towed target is towed at a distance of 2 miles it looks like it is flying autonoumasly due to the aircraft having passed way overhead by the time that the target flies over your position)
Flag officer sea training that runs these exercises also use drone targets for firing practice and Radar calibration. these are radio controlled and could also have been in use in that area at that time.

I am not trying to debunk your photographs at all. I am just attempting to explain what it is that you could have photographed. I am a firm believer in UFO/USO having seen on Radar things that fly faster, higher and manover better than anything we could produce at this moment in time

Other objects that are in use and have to be taken into consideration are flares and chaff (both heat seekeng and metalic) fired from warships undergiong training in the area. These objects stay airborn for quite a while after firing)


Thank you for your more informed post, and thank you very much for your constructiveness, the idea IS to debunk the object and it would be interesting to know exactly what exercises they were performing, but I would'nt know where to start looking.

It could well be a towed target, in fact I actualy took a photo of a small plane and there is something else in the picture but it was so blurry that I did'nt use it in this thread, but I will dig it out now!

Regards xS_Gx



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ok! here is the plane pic, it is a bit blurry as I heard the plane and just fired the camera at it, it sounded like a fairly small propeller plane and the object in this shot is also most likely a seagull too, but I cant verify that as I did'nt see it with my own eyes.




I have enhanced the image to make it a little more defined just by adding a bit of brightness and contrast, but it does'nt make much difference.



The images above have been resized to fit on the ATS page but this is the link to the original full size image:

Link



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The area where the Photograph was taken is a major exercise area in which every type of Naval exercise you can imagaine takes place.

The Navies sea training team are based in Plymouth and this is where Navies from all around the world come to simulate everything from humanitarian aid missions through to all out war. On the Plymouth coatline there is even a village with a jetty by it and a helicopter landing pad (well an area clear of rubble) that is built to simulate every kind of humanitarian disaster you can imagine. they even use real actors and special effects specialists in order to give a ships company the most realistic experience of this kind of scenario.

Every time a ship is due to go away for a period of months or comes out of refit with a rusty and out of practice crew, a training programme is drawn up. this programme is designed to take into account all of the scenarios that could happen during their time away. The programme itself lasts from between 2 and 12 weeks. It will cover everything from boarding of suspected merchant ships through to all out war. The ship will act as if it was actually away from home and undergoing its deployment for the whole period of training.

There are usually in excess of twelve ships and submarines of all nationalities taking place in these exercises at any one time.

What I am saying is that it would be hard to say exactly what kind of exercise was taking place due to all kinds of exercises taking place 24 hours a day 365 days a year in this area.

here is a link to an overview of a 6 week programme

BOST

Looking at the new enhanced pictures it could well be a towed target, but this would depend on the angle that it was flying in respect to you and the distance from you as two miles is a long tow and usually you cant see the target untill the aircraft is quite close.
The larger aircraft looks like a helicopter. If this is the case then it could have been shadowing a remote control target until it reached the firing area. it may even have been taking reading from a remote target in preperation for Radar calibrations.
Although I can't identify the object with any certainty I think that a target of some kind is definately a likely cullprit.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by avriel]



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It would be nice to know if the person in that plane saw it and would come forward if of interest.

I will say the pictures were beautiful the location was very nice and I always enjoy seeing other locations if only small prints like these.

Doesn't look like a seagull more like some kind of probe who's would be interesting to know. Hope some of our experts come up with something they can "prove" conclusive.



posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logitechismykeyboard
I'm sorry but I wont believe in UFO's until someone get's a close up on a video camera. These photos can easily be photoshopped which makes people skeptical.


What exactly do you mean you dont believe in UFO's? How can you not? There is one right there in the photo's.
A UFO is what it says, a flying object that cannot be identified. There is nothing magical or alien about it, a balloon can be a UFO if no one can identify it, does that mean that the balloon does not exist? Or no one should believe in it? I dont think so.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join