It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Walking Disproven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There's been alot of mumbo jumbo about fire walking. It's nothing spiritual or paranormal. It's simply physical conditioning as this video proves.

www.youtube.com...

So what are you're views and why?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Actualy it is more mental conditioning. It can be done with no physical prep if the mind is willing.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And how would this work? Seems a bit iffy to me. Can you back up this claim?

I have a condition on my feet which makes them extremely hard. If I try to burn them it's like trying to get down to 100 layers. That's how that video was done. I've also seen normal people do it who are skeptics. I have a video where they attend a firewalking event and just walk across no prep what-so-ever.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've seen it explained by several scientific sources. Wood is a bad conductor of heat, and so is skin apparently. Plus you have water on your skin which also helps.

The key is not standing in one place. As long as you keep moving, you won't get burned.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The key is not standing in one place. As long as you keep moving, you won't get burned.

Hahaha, true, unless you have a skin condition or something similar to mine. I noticed the water as well (nothing paranormal). I just couldn't recall if the walkers used it. You're input is quite appreciated.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't think he means they put water on their feet, water is in your skin anyway.
I didn't think it was paranormal anyway, you just have to condition your mind to get rid of the fear that you'll be burned.
The trick to fire walking is to keep moving and don't just stand on the hot coals in one spot...

[edit on 22-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i have never really given it much thought , but the leidenfrost effect works for me

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yeah, there's nothing mystical about walking on fire.
It's just science....

On tropical islands they lay volcanic rock in the fire bed, and it looks hot, but the rock insulates you like a space shuttle tile.
A bed of true wood coals has a layer of ash/carbon that protects the feet from contacting the burning portion of the fire if you move quickly across it.

I've seen it done, I've seen the preparation of the fire.
I've also seen my father in the hospital after walking on a fire not properly prepared.
He burnt his feet by walking on it too soon after it was raked.

It's just science....

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

On tropical islands they lay volcanic rock in the fire bed, and it looks hot, but the rock insulates you like a space shuttle tile.

Yes, exactly. My feet are as hard as a space shuttle tile in this case, lol.

top topics

join