It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Destroys the Image of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Who is more in search of a perfect world: those who are pro-life or those who are pro-choice? Pro-choicers need to be pulled up by their bootstraps. Pro-great-life-for-all, all-the-way!!!

Pro-choice taken to extremes, we all would be dead!!!!!!

Pro-life taken to extremes, we all would be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 12-3-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Who is more in search of a perfect world: those who are pro-life or those who are pro-choice? Pro-choicers need to be pulled up by their bootstraps. Pro-great-life-for-all, all-the-way!!!

I'd prefer it if you weren’t alive. At least I wouldn’t have to read sentences containing a billion exclamation points.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler

I'd prefer it if you weren’t alive. At least I wouldn’t have to read sentences containing a billion exclamation points.

VladTheImpaler, I am still praying (despite your once request for no prayers) for your conversion to God.

I do not believe in militaries, but if Satan were to field a military, I believe you would be one of his first chosen soldiers.

Please do not impale anybody.

For the benefit of everything, convert to God as soon as you can.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have always been against abortion. I would also like to share some facts about a fetus that some people seems to think is not real.

TextDay 6: embryo begins implantation in the uterus.

Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood, often a different type than the mothers'. Week 3: By the end of third week the child's backbone spinal column and nervous system are forming. The liver, kidneys and intestines begin to take shape.

Week 4: By the end of week four the child is ten thousand times larger than the fertilized egg.

Week 5: Eyes, legs, and hands begin to develop.
Week 6: Brain waves are detectable; mouth and lips are present; fingernails are forming.
www.nrlc.org...

Week 7: Eyelids, and toes form, nose distinct. The baby is kicking and swimming.

Week 8: Every organ is in place, bones begin to replace cartilage, and fingerprints begin to form. By the 8th week the baby can begin to hear.

Weeks 9 and 10: Teeth begin to form, fingernails develop. The baby can turn his head, and frown. The baby can hiccup.

Weeks 10 and 11: The baby can "breathe" amniotic fluid and urinate. Week 11 the baby can grasp objects placed in its hand; all organ systems are functioning. The baby has a skeletal structure, nerves, and circulation.

Week 12: The baby has all of the parts necessary to experience pain, including nerves, spinal cord, and thalamus. Vocal cords are complete. The baby can suck its thumb.
www.nrlc.org...

Week 14: At this age, the heart pumps several quarts of
blood through the body every day

Week 15: The baby has an adult's taste buds.

Month 4: Bone Marrow is now beginning to form. The heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. By the end of month 4 the baby will be 8-10 inches in length and will be one half of its birth weight.

Week 17: The baby can have dream (REM) sleep.
Week 19: Babies can routinely be saved at 21 to 22 weeks after fertilization, and sometimes they can be saved even younger.

Week 20: The earliest stage at which Partial birth abortions are performed. At 20 weeks the baby recognizes its' mothers voice.
Months 5 and 6: The baby practices breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid into its developing lungs. The baby will grasp at the umbilical cord when it feels it. Most mothers feel an increase in movement, kicking, and hiccups from the baby. Oil and sweat glands are now functioning. The baby is now twelve inches long or more, and weighs up to one and a half pounds.

www.nrlc.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Months 7 through 9: Eyeteeth are present. The baby opens and closes his eyes. The baby is using four of the five senses (vision, hearing, taste, and touch.) He knows the difference between waking and sleeping, and can relate to the moods of the mother. The baby's skin begins to thicken, and a layer of fat is produced and stored beneath the skin. Antibodies are built up, and the baby's heart begins to pump 300 gallons of blood per day. Approximately one week before the birth the baby stops growing, and "drops" usually head down into the pelvic cavity.

www.nrlc.org...

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

VladTheImpaler, I am still praying (despite your once request for no prayers) for your conversion to God.

I do not believe in militaries, but if Satan were to field a military, I believe you would be one of his first chosen soldiers.

Please do not impale anybody.

For the benefit of everything, convert to God as soon as you can.

Oh, you're so mistaken my friend. I would never serve Satan, should he exist, regardless of my personal quarrel with your God. I'm not on either ones side, I'm on my side and through my immensely powerful rage and fury I would destroy them both.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here are some facts on how abortion is preformed.

First Trimester:Suction Aspiration---Suction aspiration, or "vacuum curettage," is the abortion technique used in most first trimester abortions. A powerful suction tube with a sharp cutting edge is inserted into the womb through the dilated cervix. The suction dismembers the body of the developing baby and tears the placenta from the wall of the uterus, sucking blood, amniotic fluid, placental tissue, and fetal parts into a collection bottle. Great care must be taken to prevent the uterus from being punctured during this procedure, which may cause hemorrhage and necessitate further surgery. Also, infection can easily develop if any fetal or placental tissue is left behind in the uterus. This is the most frequent post-abortion complication.

Dilatation (Dilation) and Curettage (D&C)----In this technique, the cervix is dilated or stretched to permit the insertion of a loop shaped steel knife. The body of the baby is cut into pieces and removed and the placenta is scraped off the uterine wall. Blood loss from D & C, or "mechanical" curettage is greater than for suction aspiration, as is the likelihood of uterine perforation and infection.

RU 486---While many people focus solely on RU 486, the so-called " French abortion pill," the RU 486 technique actually uses two powerful synthetic hormones with the generic names of mifepristone and misoprostol. To chemically induce abortions in women five-to-nine weeks pregnant....

Methotrexate---The procedure with methotrexate is similar to the one using RU 486, though administered by an intramuscular injection instead of a pill.

Second and Third Trimesters:Dilatation (Dilation) and Evacuation (D&E)-----Used to abort unborn children as old as 24 weeks, this method is similar to the D&C. The difference is that forceps with sharp metal jaws are used to grasp parts of the developing baby, which are then twisted and torn away. This continues until the child’s entire body is removed from the womb. Because the baby’s skull has often hardened to bone by this time, the skull must sometimes be compressed or crushed to facilitate removal. If not carefully removed, sharp edges of the bones may cause cervical laceration. Bleeding from the procedure may be profuse.

Salt Poisoning---Otherwise known as "saline amniocentesis," "salting out," or a "hypertonic saline" abortion, this technique is used after 16 weeks of pregnancy, when enough fluid has accumulated in the amniotic fluid sac surrounding the baby. A needle is inserted through the mother’s abdomen and 50-250 ml (as much as a cup) of amniotic fluid is withdrawn and replaced with a solution of concentrated salt. The baby breathes in, swallowing the salt, and is poisoned. The chemical solution also causes painful burning and deterioration of the baby’s skin. Usually, after about an hour, the child dies. The mother goes into labor about 33 to 35 hours after instillation and delivers a dead, burned, and shriveled baby. About 97% of mothers deliver their dead babies within 72 hours. Hypertonic saline may initiate a condition in the mother called "consumption coagulopathy" (uncontrolled blood clotting throughout the body) with severe hemorrhage as well as other serious side effects on the central nervous system. Seizures, coma, or death may also result from saline inadvertently injected into the woman’s vascular system.
Similar to the Caesarean Section, this method is generally used if chemical methods such as salt poisoning or prostaglandins fail (see pp. 12-14). Incisions are made in the abdomen and uterus and the baby, placenta, and amniotic sac are removed. Babies are sometimes born alive during this procedure, raising questions as to how and when these infants are killed and by whom.

Hysterotomy---Similar to the Caesarean Section, this method is generally used if chemical methods such as salt poisoning or prostaglandins fail (see pp. 12-14). Incisions are made in the abdomen and uterus and the baby, placenta, and amniotic sac are removed. Babies are sometimes born alive during this procedure, raising questions as to how and when these infants are killed and by whom.

www.nrlc.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
----week6,7,8----Brain waves are detectable; mouth and lips are present; fingernails are forming. Eyelids, and toes form, nose distinct. The baby is kicking and swimming. Every organ is in place, bones begin to replace cartilage, and fingerprints begin to form. By the 8th week the baby can begin to hear.

----week 12-14 ----- The baby has all of the parts necessary to experience pain, including nerves, spinal cord, and thalamus. Vocal cords are complete. The baby can suck its thumb. Week 14: At this age, the heart pumps several quarts of
blood through the body every day.
----week 17-22----The baby can have dream (REM) sleep. Babies can routinely be saved at 21 to 22 weeks after fertilization, and sometimes they can be saved even younger.
-----months 5 and 6.---- The baby practices breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid into its developing lungs. The baby will grasp at the umbilical cord when it feels it. Most mothers feel an increase in movement, kicking, and hiccups from the baby. Oil and sweat glands are now functioning. The baby is now twelve inches long or more, and weighs up to one and a half pounds.

www.nrlc.org...

I hope this one helps a little better. I cleaned it up some.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'll gladly say I'm pro-abortion.

And I don't need to state too many reasons for it either:

overpopulation, being one of them and it cleans up the gene pool...most humans will never learn to control their primitive instincts...and some will never make use of their brain in terms of judgement, so they continue having kids they can't support. I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on stupid, poor families of ten that never learn.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Shar, great posts, some of the best posts I have ever seen on ATS. Keep up the great work!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

RU 486---While many people focus solely on RU 486, the so-called " French abortion pill," the RU 486 technique actually uses two powerful synthetic hormones with the generic names of mifepristone and misoprostol. To chemically induce abortions in women five-to-nine weeks pregnant....

Methotrexate---The procedure with methotrexate is similar to the one using RU 486, though administered by an intramuscular injection instead of a pill.

The "Eight Feet By Six Feet" Theory
A coffin is usually eight feet long and is buried
six feet under. Once in your coffin you've been 'eight by sixed',
which shortens to '86ed'.

To "86" one is slang for killing and burying someone.

So does it actually mean "Are you for death"? R - U 4 86?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
LoneGunMan,

Sure does sound that way. Good catch.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Shar

The "Eight Feet By Six Feet" Theory
A coffin is usually eight feet long and is buried
six feet under. Once in your coffin you've been 'eight by sixed',
which shortens to '86ed'.

LoneGunMan, interesting interpretation. My first thought when RU 486 was created was that babies could be aborted based on perceived brain speed, that is, a woman might think "are you a 486 in microprocessor speed"? Naturally, this would be horribly cruel as is the killing of anything horribly cruel.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
but all a woman has to do is "JUST SAY NO".

Although the woman is the one who gets pregnant, not the man.
If she doesn't want to get pregnant, she needs to say "NO" to the man.
Why? Because his sperm might quite possibly make her very uncomfortable for the next 9 months.

what happens when a woman says NO and the MAN still carries on.
these comments are ignorant and stupid.
what about the womans rights
what happens if she has the child and the child later asks who heir father is and the woman has to explain the father is a rapist, how do you think the child will feel

im pro-choice.

these christians go on about murdering when it comes to abortion but the werent to picky when there ancestors where killimng people because they didnt belive in the same rules as them.

and this idea jesus let himself be killed isint that a form of suicide i thought you guys were aginst that to!?.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Personally, I advocate photographing the beauty of the embryo and fetus. If they were photographed and represented in words like supermodels, maybe the horror of abortion would be eliminated or at least reduced.

All is equal in beauty. Would you want the beauty that existed in you as an embryo or fetus killed?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
its jst a bunch of cells.

do you cry when your skin flakes off or when you have a period i dont think so ( unless you have pmt but then thats another story:livid

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin

kerrichin, its more than just a combination of cells. It's cells and an Eternal Soul.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

kerrichin, its more than just a combination of cells. It's cells and an Eternal Soul.

Please provide proof of this Eternal Soul. Until you can do this, any woman should freely be able to choose wheter or not she wants to grow a child within her own body.

As you and I both know that you will never be able to provide a single shred of evidence for this Eternal Soul of yours, you might as well just stop talking ever again of this subject.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Please provide proof of this Eternal Soul. Until you can do this, any woman should freely be able to choose wheter or not she wants to grow a child within her own body.

As you and I both know that you will never be able to provide a single shred of evidence for this Eternal Soul of yours, you might as well just stop talking ever again of this subject.

Thanks!

VladTheImpaler, this sums it up quite well:

"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." John 20:29

Happy Easter!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
these people still havent answered my question what happens when a woman is raped shes said no but he still has sex with her its not her fault.

would you want to be born knowing that you are a result of rape i know i wouldnt id rather have been aborted.

abortion isnt right if a woman just uses it as a form of contracption i agree with this but all in all its her body and what she does is up to her.
but i have never heard of a woman do this.

abortion is sometimes the only way.

the problem is religion shoots itself in the foot no contraception and no abortion.
there is so much poverty inthe world and some of it(not lall i know) but some of it can be eliminated if contraception was accepted in religions.

whats worse a starving hungry child with protruding ribs and flys on their face drinks water off the durty floor or the elimination of a few cells

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

these people still havent answered my question what happens when a woman is raped shes said no but he still has sex with her its not her fault.

would you want to be born knowing that you are a result of rape i know i wouldnt id rather have been aborted.

abortion isnt right if a woman just uses it as a form of contracption i agree with this but all in all its her body and what she does is up to her.
but i have never heard of a woman do this.

abortion is sometimes the only way.

the problem is religion shoots itself in the foot no contraception and no abortion.
there is so much poverty inthe world and some of it(not lall i know) but some of it can be eliminated if contraception was accepted in religions.

whats worse a starving hungry child with protruding ribs and flys on their face drinks water off the durty floor or the elimination of a few cells

This is my best solution to the horrible problem of rape: the rapist receives a severe prison sentence, the victim puts her baby up for adoption, and the victim receives compensation from the government for her suffering.

Not all rapes are equal, so the prison sentence and compensation would be based on a graded system. And, of course, there must be proof "beyond a reasonable doubt" as to the severity of the rape or whether a rape actually occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join