It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Destroys the Image of God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I once was asked if it is the womens decision or than families decesion on who decides the abortion. I put womens, but this case it was a Catholic question and I got it wrong.

pro-choice

1. God doesn't own your body, you do
2. what if a school girl was raped, and she would be socially rejected because she is pregnant
3. It's the law
4. I believe you don't have a conscience until birth
5. I believe in stem cell research

6. I am anti-children, more children, the worse we are off in the future because of overpopulation

[edit on 24-1-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Where's my whore of Babylon?

You cant have one. You are to be celebate in this lifetime. Start talking to the hand more, because women wont be talking to you!

Its because of your dancing bannana. Its too happy, to willing and ready, with a slight lack of confidence because of its size.

Oh yes, thank you for putting me back on straight and narrow path LGM!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Men could totally STOP all abortions today! All they have to do is say no!

Although the woman is the one who gets pregnant, not the man.
If she doesn't want to get pregnant, she needs to say "NO" to the man.
Why? Because his sperm might quite possibly make her very uncomfortable for the next 9 months. LOL!
But, you're right. Both should say no.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Although the woman is the one who gets pregnant, not the man.
If she doesn't want to get pregnant, she needs to say "NO" to the man.

If you're going to put the responsibility solely on the woman to say no, and if "she's the one getting pregnant", as you say, then you need to BACK OFF when it comes to her making a decision as to what to do about it. How typical that a man would blame the woman for getting pregnant and then insist that he has a right to tell her what to do about it.

If SHE should say no, and SHE gets pregnant (as if the man has little or nothing to do with it), then he should have nothing to say about any decision she makes. You can't have it both ways.

If you want the privilege to tell a woman how to treat her body, at least be a man and step up to the responsibility of your part in getting her pregnant.

Jesus!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If you're going to put the responsibility solely on the woman to say no, and if "she's the one getting pregnant", as you say, then you need to BACK OFF........

Uh, did you read the last line of my last post?
:shk:

How typical that a man would blame the woman for getting pregnant and then insist that he has a right to tell her what to do about it.

LOL!!!!!! Dude, I'm gay celibate. I don't impregnate women. I'm not solely looking at this as a man vs. woman issue. I'm looking at this issue AS A HUMAN BEING.

.........SHE gets pregnant (as if the man has little or nothing to do with it), then he should have nothing to say about any decision she makes.

And I am in total agreement that this is the women's full responsibility in regards to abortion or not. I don't think the guy should butt in and decide for her. It's growing inside of her. It's her decision. Okay? All I am saying is she could have prevented getting pregnant from the start. It is not the guy's fault. Yes, it takes two! But she is responsible for her own body, not him. If she caves to his sexual demands, that's her fault. Her decision to take the risk of pregnancy. It's not like he put a gun to her head.....in which case that'd be forced rape (something for another thread maybe).

[edit on 24-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just love how right to lifers and religious people try to inflict their beliefs on others. I understand and respect the arguments they put forth but do not agree. I agree with abortion (not to be used habitually, as a once only solution) and do not practice any religion (raised in a Catholic family and educated in a private college).

I also love how men try to tell women what they should do with their bodies. Helloooo....where do you guys get off ??

These people need to show some respect and butt out of other people's lives and just accept that abortion is legal and accessible in clean sterile conditions. Or would you rather the woman procure a back alley abortion and expose herself to infection, internal damage and perhaps death ??

The decision to abort, I am sure poses a personal moral dilemma for the woman involved and will most certainly cause a degree of psychological damage that she may never comes to term with. That is her decision, sometimes not the decision she wants but the right one at the time due to her circumstances...it is her cross to bear...noone else's.

Women who choose to abort are not criminals, nor are they inferior, they just do not share your views. Get over it

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!! Dude, I'm gay celibate.

LOL!!!!! Dude! I'm not a dude!

But, yeah, I got ya.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!! Dude, I'm gay celibate.

Sorry I cant seem to stay on topic here, I keep getting distracted. That line tripped me out. If you are celibate then what does it matter what your sexual orientation is? Is that to prove without a shadow of a doubt you wont be impregnating any woman? Or are you claiming to be a Catholic Priest?

We all need to be more responcible with sex. Especially if you are not like thehumbleone and have a partner or two or three.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

We all need to be more responcible with sex. Especially if you are not like thehumbleone and have a partner or two or three.

On the contrary LGM, I can't keep these women away from me, I seriously think they are the devil, well, some of them, and I'll tell you why.

About 3 years ago when I wasn't so religious, no women were after me or chasing me around, then all of a sudden when I start taking my faith seriously, all the women start coming out of the wood works trying to jump my bones.

Explain to me how that happens.:shk:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If you are celibate then what does it matter what your sexual orientation is? Is that to prove without a shadow of a doubt you wont be impregnating any woman? Or are you claiming to be a Catholic Priest?

Well, trip out! I am gay and decided on a life of celibacy after living 15 years "out" as an active gay man. I have been celibate for many years now. Why? I'm not gonna go into it. Don't want to derail the thread. And yes, if you really want to know, me stating this, does prove I don't "do" women. Or even men for that matter, anymore. I only brought this up to make let BH know I'm not a man-breeder. LOL! And the comment about the priest is uncalled for, disrespectful and immature to say the least.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

LOL!!!!! Dude! I'm not a dude!

Sorry, I don't know why I thought you were a guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And the comment about the priest is uncalled for, disrespectful and immature to say the least.

You are correct. Sometimes I tend to be that way with my humor.

Being politicaly correct has never won me over as to be a good trait to use.

Did you say man-breeder? Talk about imature and disrespectful. I personally hae never fathered my own children and raised someone elses. Some men are to be not judged by what they say, but by their fruits.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Did you say man-breeder? Talk about imature and disrespectful.

Sorry, the slag at the priest ticked me off.
I whole-heartedly apologize for coming down to your level.
It was wrong. Forgive me.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

LOL!!
Nice one rocknroll.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It was wrong. Forgive me.

I do forgive you because you do not know me yet talk about coming down to my level. That does not even deserve a comment for someone that is enightened would not do that. You say come down to my level because of the comment about asking if you were a Catholic preist because you are gay and celibate. Well surprise surprise so are a lot of catholic priests!

Reality should not be stuffed under the rug because it make you squeamish. Look it right in its hairy eyeball and tell reality it doesnt scare you and you can handle the truth and not have to live in a politicly correct world.

Next time I enter a burning basement I will remember your coming down to my level. You should try it sometime, the look on someones face when you just saved them is worth all hell can give.

R E S P E C T

[edit on 24-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Woah, LGM, take it easy, don't take everything so serious.

From what I've seen, you have a pretty good sense of humor, I would hate to see you lose that.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Woah, LGM, take it easy, don't take everything so serious.

Stop. Think. THEN speak. Works every time!

From what I've seen, you have a pretty good sense of humor, I would hate to see you lose that.

Then why press him until he bows out in order to prevent fraying of his noble nature? He is a hero - he risks his life every day for strangers and often gets nothing but complaints or 'not good enoughs'. He is a real man, too - gentle and love on the inside and iron on the outside. So, as his friend, I ask you to appreciate him or at least respect him if you can't see what I see.

peace

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Annie that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. *blushes* Such a true blue friend you are for me. I am at a loss for words, such warm friendship I do not deserve.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh god I hate fecking abortion arguments, they never go anywhere. I suppose I'm pro-choice to a mild extent but to be honest I never get involved in these damn debates anymore they go nowhere because to be frank both sides of the argument have a point it all goes down to what you believe.

Thing is I find the pro-lifers more annoying and full of Christian religious wackos, so I tend to side with the pro-choice people.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just wondering...since when did it become ok to push your beliefs on others?
Ah never mind....its only the line that defines the difference between the law the church....not biggy....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join