It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Destroys the Image of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
But having to say no makes things weird.

Only when you're insecure and immature.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey! Stop advocating against sex, there’s nothing better than sex in this world.

I am defiantly pro-choice, it is so unbelievable arrogant by theists to try to enforce their moral principles taken from their religion upon others not of the same faith! You’re so arrogant and hard headed I get angry by even thinking about it.

Morality is not absolute!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
"God created man in his image, in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

Worldwide, there are 46 million abortions performed each year, something absolutely outrageous.
It has nothing to do with you how amny abortions there are - also if these abortions hadn't happened then just think how many people would be on the planet and how there would be more disease, murder, less food etc.

I absolutely oppose abortion for numerous reasons; I will list 5.

1) It destroys the image of God.
No cos god doesnt exist as an image.

2) It violates the 10 commandments.
How do you figure this one out????? Neighbours wife comes to mind

3) It eventually victimizes everybody, especially the embryo or fetus.
How would the fetus know if its being victimised????

4) It discourages the Blessed Sacrament of marriage.
And thats a bad thing??????

5) It encourages the deadly sin of promiscuity.I dont think so - promiscuity will always be here abortion or not.

List up to 5 reasons why you are Pro-Life or pro-choice.

Prochoice:-
1) A womens body is her own.
2) We have no authority - and neither does a deity

G

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Here's the solution, plain and simple, women need to stop spreading their legs to every guy they see, then this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

So, then men are just as responsible for the abortion issue, right? Because if they'd just say no when a woman spreads her legs (
) the problem would be solved.

Many times men are the ones pushing the abortion option.

Originally posted by rocknroll
but all a woman has to do is "JUST SAY NO".

It's all a man has to do too.

Men could totally STOP all abortions today! All they have to do is say no! Just think! The power is in the hands of the men!

What do you say, guys? You want to stop abortion, then do it!

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I certainly do not believe in abortion..I think it is wrong... However, on the whole "man made in the image of God" issue.. I have a bit of a different take on it than most.. I think we were spiritually made in the image of God,not necessarily physically made in the image. What is God's spiritual image? Light. What is our spirit composed of? Light.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yet christians take a free ride on that one - what's the difference?

A free ride?
Where do you come up with this?
Actually, I don't want to know because it won't make sense.
Back on subject....

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!

I cant believe you didnt respond to that one Anna!

Sometimes you have to read what she says over and over, then meditate, read it again and go to bed. If you dont understand it the next day then forget about it. If you do understand it the next day then you will either have an epiphany or say to yourself, damn I'm getting as crazy as the queen herself. LOL

lyl

I just read that part about writing someones name on your palm. Not a bad idea really.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But having to say no makes things weird.

Only when you're insecure and immature.

You dont know what the heck your talking about.

In a perfect world of no hang ups in the mind and of free spirit we should have freedom to love whomever...and all we want.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thank you for your friendship, LGM!

Now....who would lead us toward a 'perfect world?'

Men?

We've had something like 7000 years since the incident in the garden...Adam being the boss of Eve.

Score sheet:
Not ONE SINGLE day silent from the cops 'n' robber tin soldier war games.
NOT ONE day without a death! NOT ONE DAY.

Yet...a woman seeks to focus on the spirit and the QUALITY of life for a child that it took two to seed...and has no option at all unless she is to be labeled either a:

selfish yuppie
promiscuous whore
addle brained la-la who can't even say no loud enough to be heard...
or, worst of all, a
MURDERER.

It's too bad the boys don't take me as seriously as the men do, huh, LGM????

Too bad. Because if all the male brings is X or Y and we wish to decrease the Y's...then the donors are less in demand, as well.

hmmmm....numbers crunching in my ear....

LYL LGM!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Imagine the tragedy of 9/11/2001 where 3,000 people lost their lives. The publicity and media coverage has been astronomical. However, imagine the tragedy of nuclear war where 40 million people lost their lives EACH year. The publicity and media coverage would be astounding. However, 46 million babies do lose their lives EACH year. Their is only minimal publicity and media coverage because adults seem to not be able to create a legal system that expresses empathy to the embryo/fetus even though they once were embryos/fetuses.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

selfish yuppie
promiscuous whore
addle brained la-la who can't even say no loud enough to be heard...
or, worst of all, a
MURDERER.

HUH??? Who's a promiscuous whore?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Imagine the tragedy of 9/11/2001 where 3,000 people lost their lives. The publicity and media coverage has been astronomical.

But a blastocyst is still not a person. It has the potential to be one, so these are not comparable. Like a 5 year old has the potential to be a voter, but they are still not considered a voter.

Casting this with excessive emotionality doesn't really help.

It is a choice a person makes, if you can't make it, don't. Nobody will force you. If you want to see abortion as murder, you are asking for a whole world of trouble, it is totally unpoliceable, all you do is drive this personal choice underground with increases in deaths of actual people.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It a label.

I think we all have a right to do with our bodies whatever we want. It is the womans desicion for abortion. As a society we cannot use it as a form of birth-control, that would be moraly wrong.

Big brother and the rest of society does not have an argument for policing our body.

Thank you for your friendship, LGM!

What an honor it is. Our friendship is indeed rare. I need to be thanking you my Anna.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

It a label.

I think we all have a right to do with our bodies whatever we want. It is the womans desicion for abortion. As a society we cannot use it as a form of birth-control, that would be moraly wrong.

Big brother and the rest of society does not have an argument for policing our body.

True, but when you do something with your body that you KNOW can result in pregnancy, it's your fault, and you better handle the consequences like a man.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Imagine the tragedy of 9/11/2001 where 3,000 people lost their lives. The publicity and media coverage has been astronomical. However, imagine the tragedy of nuclear war where 40 million people lost their lives EACH year. The publicity and media coverage would be astounding. However, 46 million babies do lose their lives EACH year. Their is only minimal publicity and media coverage because adults seem to not be able to create a legal system that expresses empathy to the embryo/fetus even though they once were embryos/fetuses.

GT HOW does an unborn baby have a life yet? And even if so - how does that compare to adults who had spouses, children, parents, and friends, that will no longer see them again?

A baby who is NOT going to be hugged or loved (or very little) is NOT going to be hurt by the prevention of a life spent alone and perhaps heartbroken because someone who didn't want them brought them into the world!

Use your head! Quit worrying about some false sense of moral superiority!

Worry about all this BS the world goes through everyday because of WAR and politics! Why bring ANY baby into such a messed up world right now?

We need to clean this one up!

GT, God gave me a word for you:
'Do you not trust me with the care and safekeeping of your own dear soul? Why do you not think I would make sure not ONE child was lost as I have vowed, myself? Have compassion instead of holiness because all souls are holy once they arrive in the light! But compassion is for those who live in the darkness right now.'

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Like I said before,
Don't spread your legs if you don't want fertilized eggs.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

That's right. And what society doesn't realize yet is that Big Brother done got promoted and now it's little sister's turn. And she is both naughty and nice...and approved.

What an honor it is. Our friendship is indeed rare. I need to be thanking you my Anna.

No need for thanks, LGM - I'm glad for your loyalty. It will serve you well when you're riding in the posse.
Did you notice the avatar? Ho ho ho.
I can see 8 miles high! I see Valkyries above and a clean up crew below - and a soup kitchen serving burgers to the poor!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Like I said before,
Don't spread your legs if you don't want fertilized eggs.

Hmmm. I dont think I like the way your bannana is dancing! Its got that look in its eye. Stay back dancing bannana!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's 'Sir Babalon' to you, humbleone! Officially knighted and standing at the right of my Father.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Where's my whore of Babylon?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Where's my whore of Babylon?

You cant have one. You are to be celebate in this lifetime. Start talking to the hand more, because women wont be talking to you!

Its because of your dancing bannana. Its too happy, to willing and ready, with a slight lack of confidence because of its size.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join