It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence versus Intuition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think you kind of just know the difference between the two. I was going to say one has more of a surprised feeling to it, but I'm not so sure now.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
synchronicity!

yes!

i know this, but too many thoughts fill my head at any given moment.

syn chron i city

chron eye (i)
in sin (syn) city

the eye of time dwells in sin city

las vegas?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sky1

With the fellow that posted about his first wife, etc. I'm sure he walked away from that marriage with a knowledge that he otherwise wouldn't have had. If he did not have this knowledge then it might be the case that he would not be prepared for his second marriage to his soul mate.

My mother always told me 'Everything Happens For A Reason'.

Yes you are 100% correct on taking something from the first marriage

Originally posted by Dae
So, coincidences and fantasitic sex is a recipe for divorce, and an ugly one to boot. Ok Im basing this on one story, so I wont jump the gun

Gawd I hope you are being sarcastic lmao...if not then NO thats just my personal experience, I am sure we could find an exact opposite story if you asked enough people. Which is proof again that given a big enough sample set will get you any result you predict.

Edit to include a comment on Forestlady... I am pretty speechless, thats sucjh a beautiful story, you are blessed

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Arkangel4time]

Dae

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ive been busy for the last little bit, so Im catching up.

wellwhatnow thats an amazing story! I took me a few to understand what the coincidence was, her being a natural medical alert dog and you having a hardcore medical condition, a match made in heaven!

Interesting to note, that the coincidence occured after you made you decision to keep the dog, in this case coincidence didnt appear to influence you in any decision making (no one wanting the dog isnt really a coincidence I think).

So you would say that most or all of your coincidences had positive outcomes?coinced

forestlady, you said "I think synchronicity happens when you're on the right track and it's confirmation that you are."

I think both you and wellwhatnow have experienced a similar thing, the coincedence only showed itself after you had made decisions, it confirmed you made the right choice.

By the sounds of it so far, we have identified two types of coincedence, one that affects decisions and the other that confirms decisions already made.

queenannie38 thanks for answering alot of my questions! You said,

i'm not sure what you mean by the 'world around you.' As far as the world's opinion or judgment or assessment - i have no regard for that so it hasn't been an issue. If you mean my environment, then my environment doesn't really disagree with my intuition at all - the more intuitive i have become the more i have been able to understand my personal environment and thus the closer those two factors become intertwined - perfectly.

I meant world around you in the form of coincidence, the world within would be intuition. So a conflict would be intuition saying "Nooo" and coincidences pointing to "Yessss". Has that happened to you or anybody?

Originally posted by Arkangel4time
Gawd I hope you are being sarcastic lmao...if not then NO thats just my personal experience, I am sure we could find an exact opposite story if you asked enough people. Which is proof again that given a big enough sample set will get you any result you predict.

Well so far it seems coincidences is in two camps, one that manifests itself after you made a decision which seems to confirm the decision and the other that affects decisions, as in your case and a billion others I imagine (happened to me too!)

Need more stories!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join