It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crusher.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
blogs.zdnet.com...

www.rec.ri.cmu.edu...

Later this month, Carnegie Mellon University and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) will unveil the successor of the Spinner, a 7-ton unmanned robotic vehicle. Dubbed Crusher, this new 6.5-ton robot will be able to carry payloads of up to 2 tons on very complex terrains. Crusher will rely on surrounding sensors to keep its balance and learn about its environment. After intensive testings, it should start to perform its duties in 2008.

Before looking at Crusher, let’s go back to Spinner, which also was developed at the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) at Carnegie Mellon.

Spinner, which was built by Carnegie Mellon researchers and funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), is a high-speed combat vehicle (UGCV) capable of carrying payloads up to 4, 500 lbs. It can roll over virtually any obstacle and even continue traveling if it’s flipped over on its back. Its successor, Crusher, will weigh a half a ton less, feature a stronger hull and combines Spinner’s speed and flexibility with enhanced autonomy capabilities.

www.rec.ri.cmu.edu...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
why is it i have a fealing the US is going to be the cause of the distruction of mankind

jks

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Image looks cool of the terminators. I don't believe they need red laser sights on their weapons to help them shoot accurately since their own "eyes" are red. How the heck can they see that?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

oh freaking baby

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, they blatently based it on that robot from Terminator 3. Hehe.

Copyright! Patent! Trademark! Whatever!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob C

Copyright! Patent! Trademark! Whatever!

the bottom one on the first post is exactly like the one on terminator 2
at the start of the film

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That thing is way cool.

After its done a tour of duty, you could re tool it as a classroom assistant or nurse in an Old folks home - IT IS TIME FOR MEDICNE, YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE SUPPOSITRY.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nah dude, id get my own, then initiate skynet. Then together we would rule the world

truttseeker for president

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If I was staring down the barrel of THAT thing I would vote for you, and donate my entire life savings to your campaign.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob C

Actually if you watch Terminator 1 at the part where Kyle falls asleep in the car, it shows in the future a tank that looks 99% exactly like that robot this thread is about. The Terminator 3 robot doesn't look exactly like it, but the Terminator 1 is literally the same thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
...johnny 5 is alive...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You guys read the article in Car and Driver (05 I think it was ? )?
They had a test in the desert for a unmanned vehicle that was supposed to be able to drive and all by itself (150 miles I believe).
anyway, none of the 10 or something vehicles that were there managed to go further than 5 miles or so...
makes me wonder as to how they were able to pull this off. That is unless there is a guy with a laptop driving this "beast".

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i think the above poster is talking about the DARPA Grand Challenge ..

Grand Challenge Info

DARPA Grand Challenge 2005

it can be done kaskad, you can stop wondering now

new topics

top topics

join