It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brothers Eyes in the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Police patroling the skies in cessnas to catch traffic offenders, high alititude airships to watch over the countrysides from space, all in the name of security. It sure may read like a page from futuristic movie, but the time has arrived...

HAA for Homeland Security

Lockheed Martin's High Altitude Airship could keep an elevated eye on 600 miles of US countryside at any given time, and if all goes as planned, we'll have 11 of these things floating over our everyday activities by the end of the decade. The HAA prototype is a ginormous airship that measures 17-times larger than the Goodyear rendition we're all used to seeing above sporting events, and is designed to hover 12 miles above the earth in order to keep tabs on what's happening below

Police patrol speeders from sky

Delaware State Police took the rare step of using an airplane from its fleet based at Summit Aviation near Middletown to step up enforcement against speeders

the police pilot spotted and identified speeders and notified ground troops, who pulled them over in a safe area nearby, off the interstate, he said.

Because of the highway's configuration there, he said, on-road radar patrols and roadside stops are difficult to manage safely and effectively.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We've had police catching speeders from planes for years.

If you ever see stripes on the road a few hundred yards apart, that is possibly VASCAR markings. Down here, they paint little airplanes on the lane.

www.radartest.com...

Here's an article. This has been going on since the 60's.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't speed, so I have no worries.
Seems to me, the people that have complaints about "speed-traps" are the ones caught speeding.
Meh. Break the law, pay the fine.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
We've had police catching speeders from planes for years.

If you ever see stripes on the road a few hundred yards apart, that is possibly VASCAR markings. Down here, they paint little airplanes on the lane.

www.radartest.com...

Here's an article. This has been going on since the 60's.

i always wanted to go out with a tin of paint and move the lines for them.

"Yes, your honour, the vascar system was calibarated on the morning of the 25th"

Case dismissed!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have seen the Met Life Blimp over the Tampa, Florida area for a few months now. I have seen it over residential, rural, and business area's but not over any kind of event where you would see the blimp. I have noticed that it travels more on the week days. The blimp appears to be flying in a grid like pattern. I have seen the gyro stabilized camera forward of the cabin.

I know from my background in military and law enforcement that these might be surveillance overflights. I know companies like Airscan have been working for the goverment and private industries for years. One of the most famous was hunting down Pablo Escobar. They have been used in the oil and diamond areas of Africa. My experience with this company is from the early 90's and the abilities they had then was awsome and i can only imagine what they can do now. I have heard claims of others that these blimps are used for electronic easedropping. My Question is, does anyone know the purpose of all these flights? Is it Surveying, training, weather, law enforcement, or goverment.

I think the blimps fly from Vandenberg Municpal Airport.

Any Info would be welcomed.

Jason

join