It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impending Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Iran Conducts Missile Tests as U.S. Naval Force Gathers in Gulf

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran conducted missile tests Monday as its leadership stepped up warnings of possible military confrontation with the United States. Hard-liners said an American attack would spark "hell" for the U.S. and Israel, with some threatening suicide attacks against U.S. forces.

The drum-beating suggests Iran does not intend to back down as tensions mount on both fronts of its confrontation with the United States and the West — the nuclear issue and the turmoil in neighboring Iraq.

Iran's leaders have increasingly touted the possibility of a U.S. attack since President George W. Bush announced on Jan. 9 the deployment of a second aircraft carrier in the Gulf region, a move U.S. officials have said is a show of strength directed at Iran.

The leadership's warnings could aim to rally the public behind the government and silence increasingly bold criticism of hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at home. Iranian reformers and conservatives have accused him of hurting Iran with his virulent anti-US rhetoric in the nuclear standoff with the West, while failing to repair Iran's weakening economy.

In a significant move, a paper close to Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Monday joined the voices threatening retaliation for any U.S. military action — suggesting the highest levels are involved in ringing the alarm over the American deployment.

WWIII?

Honestly I believe that we cannot afford to do this right now. I wish there was some one that could holster this cowboy Administration.

First it's Osama we're after.
Then it was actually Saddam that was the real threat.
Now it's REALLY Ahmadinejad that's the bad guy?!

I think this is outrageous, especially considering that the "intel" on Saddam was admittedly faulty and he lacked the ability to effectively endanger his neighbors let alone the USA. How the hell can we trust what they are saying about Ahmadinejad without any REAL concrete proof?

Good grief.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I should also point out the following reason why War seems on the horizon:

1. Additional aircraft carriers deployed to the Persian Gulf.

2. US Patriot missiles just deployed to the Persian Gulf.

3. F16 fighter planes just deployed to the Incirlik base in Turkey.

4. The F-16's can deliver B61-11 nuclear bunker busters.

5. Increased number of US nuclear submarines in Persian Gulf.

6. Admiral Fallon named Centcom commander.

7. Israeli pilots training for Iran bombing mission.

8. Increased provocations against Iran, including the arrest of Iranian diplomats in Iraq.

join