It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I have wondered exactly what are the Mexicans pay for thier gas ?!?! Or How much do the middle eastearn people pay for their gas per gallon ... and I have never really gotten an answer ...

www.msnbc.msn.com
Venezuela is one of the world’s leading petroleum exporters and gasoline now costs as little as 12 cents a gallon due to government subsidies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Althought I still do not have an answer to those questions I do know that the Venezuelan's pay around .12 cents a gallon for thier gas .... What is going on here U.S.A. ??? There are more oil wells in Texas then we have over there in IRAQ ... At least it seems like it when I am driving to colorado at least once a year ...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Since we are a Capitalistic economy, The Publicly held Oil companies have to show nice profits for their shareholders, then you have speculators who control the price of oil on the Commodities exchanges, then you have the refiners, then you have the delivery agents, and finally the retailers (Gas stations) and each one throws on a little extra for themselves.

In countries like Iran, Iraq, Venezuela, the oil companies are state run for the citizens and they are in effect the shareholders of the corporation and the extremely cheap prices are their dividends so to speak which they get in lieu of payment for their share of the profits.

Pie

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Not exactly PieMan, the lift costs (i.e., the cost of getting the oil from deep under the ground to the surface) of Venezuelan oil--which tends to have a very high viscosity to begin with--are around $8 bucks per bbl. On top of the lift costs, there is the transportation cost, the refining cost, the delivery of refined products cost, etc. Just to break even the cost of gasoline would have to be around 40 cents per gallon. So, when the govt. sells gas for 12 cents per gallon they are subsidizing all the other costs with tax revenue from other sources. (By the way, that 40 cents per gallon figure assumes no one tacks any profit on anywhere along the line.)

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Sometimes I have wondered exactly what are the Mexicans pay for thier gas ?!?! Or How much do the middle eastearn people pay for their gas per gallon ... and I have never really gotten an answer ...

www.msnbc.msn.com
Venezuela is one of the world’s leading petroleum exporters and gasoline now costs as little as 12 cents a gallon due to government subsidies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Althought I still do not have an answer to those questions I do know that the Venezuelan's pay around .12 cents a gallon for thier gas .... What is going on here U.S.A. ??? There are more oil wells in Texas then we have over there in IRAQ ... At least it seems like it when I am driving to colorado at least once a year ...

Below are a couple of web sites that list the price of gasoline throughout the world:

money.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

Here's Mexico's: math.ucr.edu...

We're not as in bad as shape as some might think, yet. But I feel as the motives behind the Desert Wars unfold, you can look for a significant increase. This temporary drop of is just to lull everyone back to their dependence on oil, to re-establish their needs so to speak.

[edit on 1/23/2007 by bothered]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The above post is EXCELLENT thanks for the information ... and wow ....The war on OIL ... I mean Terrorism is crazy !!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
12 cents !!! ridiculous.

i live in the UK and it's 97pence per litre. that's over a dollar a litre.

try living here and running a car.

Remirah

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
isnt that like 4 liters to make a gallon..... and at 1 dollar a liter. thats about 4 dollars a gallon. ( i know my math skills are amazing
) but isnt that what most of us are paying?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What would you do if you have a rifle with only five bullets and you know that the enemy has also a rifle with only five bullets???... simple you would try to make him use all his bullets first.

I feel that the US is thinking in the long term (and it made me realize who is behind the plan) and someday will control ALL oil, not only those in the US but also from those countries that we have taken over.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
we're also thinking like strung-out addicts, and just like addicts we obsessively thinking about what we're addicted too. We're also, even if it's long term thinking which isn't a bad thing in and of it's self, thinking obsessively about how to secure our fix. Think of it this way look at history. Alternative fuels where being used by just every inventor, engineer or scientist under the sun such as steam, battery power etc. Then came fossil fuels and for a time it was good. Good cheap power. After fossil fuels there just seems to have been no innovation or reason to use alternative fuels. IMHO the technology behind alternative fuels still seems to me to be lagging behind fossil fuels. There's no innovation no push to advance it and no one seems to want to push to make the technology cheaper and easier to use. The reason why nuclear power in the seventies and eighties fizzled out had nothing to do with the problems of the technology it was just an excuse but had every thing to do with our addiction to oil. It's also the same with anything to do with space or related to it. We went to the moon and left and haven't been back since. The Nixon administration just used the problems at home as an excuse. Our country will fall apart just like the Soviet Union did if in the nineties if we don't get our arrogant collective heads out of our asses. But then we just keep on rolling along this karmic wheel and one day we're going to be handed the karmic check. It's finally time to pay the piper

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have just seen "Three Days of the Condor"
The movie was made in 1975. If this stuff was in a movie at that time, I am sure it also was thought about by those in power, and the wars that are going on now are less of a surprise

- Today it's oil right ? In ten or fifteen years : food, plutonium, and maybe even sooner. Now what do you think the people are going to want us to do then ?
- Ask them ?
- Not now, then. Ask them when they are running out. Ask them when there is no heat in their homes, and they're cold. Ask them when their engines stop. Ask them when people who have never known hunger start going hungry. You want to know something ? They won't want us to ask them, they'll just want us to get it for them

[edit on 1-9-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burkspatrick

i almost vomited when bush said his phrase of "addicted to oil"...

WE have been TRYING to push for alternative fuels for a LONG TIME, but the politics/lobiest thing still exists, wins, and is the pig here. our intent as a large sect of 'the public' have always been attracted to alternative energies. (cheap fuel puts money in the end-user's pockets - us)

i'd love to see an advanced electric car affordable to the public.

[edit on 12-05-2006 by zooplancton]

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Thanks to President Biden, Gasoline just hit a nationwide average of $5.00 @ gallon.

Insane: gettr.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sloehefer

isnt that like 4 liters to make a gallon..... and at 1 dollar a liter. thats about 4 dollars a gallon. ( i know my math skills are amazing ) but isnt that what most of us are paying?

pretty damn close, if memory serves a liter is 33.8 U.S. oz's and a few more decimal points more. imperial oz's it's something like 35. something.
so four liters would be about 8 oz's more than a gal U.S.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deus_Brandon

what i've been wondering about, if what slo joe and the rest of govt. is saying is ture.
that oil companies have over 9000 permits to drill.

now if it's true, just why are olil companies not drilling ?

to much/many Government regulations, oversite, taxes and fees or their getting better prices else where ?

if getting better prices elsewhere, how can that be, seeing how supposedly there shortages all over the world and that would drive prices up.

something ain't right, and little folks are being played.

edit on 11-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join