It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imams Leave Netherlands in Droves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
NOTE - not sure if this belongs in relgion or current events ... I guessed religion.

adnki.com

According to this article, Mosques in the netherlands are suffering an Imam shortage. This claims that the Imams are 'leaving in droves'. It doesn't say where they are going, only that they blame Islamophobia on their decision to leave.

This is the first I have heard of such a thing, at least such a thing for Muslims. The Catholic church in America is suffering from a priest shortage, but that's due to a crisis in faith in the church and not from an alleged Catholicphobia.

Where are the Imams going that is better? I thought the Netherlands was a place where no one cared what anyone else did and everyone left everyone else alone.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Dutch have learned they can't be tolerant to intolerance if they want a tolerant society (if that makes sense).

Anyway, goodbye and good riddance.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If this was on the news or something then I have missed it I guess...

As a Dutch citizen I know the situation around here. But Islamophobia certainly isn't the case.
Where I live most Muslims are still pretty strong believers. Lot's of them at least visit Mosques regularly. Though I have an Islamic friend who hardly ever goes to Mosque. So maybe they're not as strict as they used to be.
But if they have an Iman shortage then why do I see a Mosques rising out of the ground about twenty minutes from where I live?

So in one way I could understand why Imams are leaving, but in another way I can't.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
But if they have an Iman shortage then why do I see a Mosques rising out of the ground about twenty minutes from where I live?

Good question.

Perhaps there are lots of Muslims, and more being born and immigrating every day, but the religious leaders are in short supply. In the Catholic church there are plenty of Catholics, but there is a shortage of priests - it's a faith thing though. It doesn't say that the Imams are leaving due to a lack of faith - they aren't leaving Islam - it says they are leaving the Netherlands because, basically, they have been picked on.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I understand this as a muslim leaving in the netherlands. Being called that backwards and such time and time again does get tiring.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

adnki.com

Where are the Imams going that is better?

your link says the Imams are moving to other European countries
....like Belgium and Spain.....

where they feel that they have greater freedom and rights

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If i'm not mistaken the belgians have a big group of people who are pretty much against immigrants, search for ''Vlaams Beleid''

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by FlyersFan

adnki.com

Where are the Imams going that is better?

your link says the Imams are moving to other European countries
....like Belgium and Spain.....

where they feel that they have greater freedom and rights

yeah dude! you're right, "freedom and rights", but i think i know better, its all simple, there isnt enough 'action' in the Netherlands, so they're probably going to for 'redder' pastures! if you know what i mean!

i guess they're headed for the U.S. too! and as for Spain, haven't you heared they replaced their 'trains'? now who wouldn't want to ride FIRST CLASS on those!? Go get yourself a FRONT ROW SEAT TICKET to the Ka-BOOM movie on BBC News and CNN! not fogerting FOX News!

Then Spain and the U.S. is the place to be coz thats where all the 'action' is hapenin' dude YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

new topics

top topics

join