It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deletion of history, the facts and new laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Has any one thought that history and the facts may have been altered lost or deleted, or that new laws that are beein created and are beein created so thats us the opposers when dead and buried arnt here to say anything about and our poor children growin up thinking thats the way life always was

ive more to say on this subject but i wanna keep it short thanks

, lewis

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
People have been covering up the truth about history since we've started teaching it. All books are written by biased outlets. Take Christopher Columbus for example. He and his crew came over here, "discovered" a new land, slaughtered the Native Americans to take their land and now we celebrate him with a holiday. That is just one example. If you do enough research you will find true history, not the crap your force fed through controlled education.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think this is a basic given in world history.
We get bthe version that is convenient to move us in nthe perscribed directions which those currently in power want to go.......
History is rewritten by everyone that grabs sufficient power to manipulate it.
For a classic case of history revamped check out the Russian propaganda .
The ones who were in power constantly revamped russias history to control the mindset of the population.
The kisker is our own govt does it too.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
it sounds a lot like something out of the novel 1984. i think certain things are forgotten (left out) and others played up. It all depends on what source you get it from. And there are so many sources out there, it would take a C.I.A. level backing (or MI6) to check all or most of the sources.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
it's so true that history is written by the winners, not losers.

as children we take for granted the things we learn and rarely question them. it's just sad that as adults most cant seem to grow out of that. it's always important to invesitgate the validity of any "fact". who's giving it to you? what interest of theirs is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Actually i have noticed that some things have recently been changed history wise in education. I was on the phone with someone taking a GED practice test. and the question was which statement was true about African Americans during the period of slavery. One answer was basically the free labor boosted the economy for the southern plantation owners and the south in general. That is the answer I picked because thats pretty much what I have read and seen on the subject. The correct answer was, it was very easy for African Americans to escape slavery and there were many ways. When I heard this answer my brain almost exploded from the shock. How can you even say that. It was not easy, when a slave escaped a reward was basically issued for their capture and a lot of people were dragged back to the plantations and punished. It angers me that they change things like this because its only purpose is to make things more politically correct and thats a bunch of b.s. too. In a free society there is no "Political Correctness" There is only truth and opinion. And im sorry but teachers wages aren't paid by OUR taxes so kids can learn opinions. They are suppose to teach the true facts and then we are left with our own opinions. The way school systems in America are run today, is to brainwash children to think the way the system wants them to think. There is not much advancement of our education over the years they just keep teaching the same crap over and over from cradle to college with just a little bit more info each time. And with the amount of security they pump into schools the name of the game is police state. Its like accept all our rules, respect all teachers even if they don't respect you, Don't wear this, Don't say that and if you don't follow our rules we will punish you every single time and expel you from your education at our discretion. Now show me your ID, walk through this metal detector, look at the camera and give a big smile. And remember never question our theory's or authority.

That is pretty much what is going on. Start with changing small historical facts because the kids wont care to read a book besides their textbook for homework answers. And then once things are changed on a smaller scale it is easy to start changing the bigger facts. This is all meant to mold minds to think the way the system wants us to think.

top topics

join