It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just annother alternative energy source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are other things out there that we can use instead of wasting fossil fuels in our never ending search to bring energy to this planet. This is just one of many options the world has.

today.reuters.com
Mining heat stored in rocks in the Earth's crust could meet a growing portion of U.S. electricity demand, replacing aging nuclear and coal plants with an environmentally friendly alternative, researchers say.

A Massachusetts Institute of Technology study said the mining of thermal energy could be done on a far larger scale than conventionally known, reducing spiraling oil import bills and strengthening U.S. energy security.

"This is a big resource that is perhaps undervalued by people who are thinking of options for the country," said Jefferson Tester, an MIT chemical engineering professor who led the 15-month study released on Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I just wonder when are we going to wake up and start using these better energy sources to our advantage? Would it be that hard to instead of runing our planet into the ground with polution to actualy use a better way to get the energy we all depend on?

This is just one of many clean better technologies that are available to us to use to cut the dependency on forign oil.

Related News Links:
geothermal.marin.org
home.clara.net
www1.eere.energy.gov
www.geothermalpower.net

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is an interesting idea. It seems that now they can get even more energy from geothermal energy than ever before. I am sorry to bump this up but I thought it was a good way to get off of the oil addiction that we have in this country. I am a fan of steam power.

Hero is my Hero

join