It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 People dead to bomb terrorism in Baghdad today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
And 180 wounded in attack.

But don't leave cuz "We" can "Win" this.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When will this stop?

People are dying needlessly every single day due to foreign military presence, yet we are told that we are winning, that the peoples of Iraq and Afghanistan are better off as a result.

How do they reconcile that?

I understand that these attacks would carry on after all foreign power has left the country, but that's not the point, due to our presence in their country, the people will always be in danger.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.channel4.com...

You are people who would of cost the US to lose WW2.

One day losses on D-day

According to the D-Day Museum at Portsmouth, US casualties totalled 6,603;

The Allied casualties included 83,045 from 21st Army Group (British, Canadian and Polish ground forces) and 125,847 from the US ground forces

Of course you would of thought of it as a lost cause.............

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Heres a video of the attack of today. Just another day in Baghdad.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why do we waste our time with these people? Over half support attacks on us, and we are still are sending our troops into battle for a goal that can't be achieved. If this 12th century society wants to do nothing but murder each other over a stupid religion, let them. There's nothing we can do to stop them. Just bring our troops home so they can continue what's left of their lives.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachevIf this 12th century society wants to do nothing but murder each other over a stupid religion, let them.

I sometimes wonder how much our current leaders religion play a part in what's happening in Iraq. I mean after all...Bush claimed God told him to attack Saddam, and now because of this, the country is a destabilized mess crawling with more "terrorists" and anti-American sentiment than ever before. We've created our own enemies.

Then there's U.S. Army Lt. Gen. William G. "Jerry" Boykin who recently led air strikes in Somalia that really didn't accomplish too much.

Boykin's Greatest Hits:

The religious warrior of Abu Ghraib

...Boykin staged a travelling slide show around the country where he displayed pictures of Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. "Satan wants to destroy this nation, he wants to destroy us as a nation, and he wants to destroy us as a Christian army," he preached. They "will only be defeated if we come against them in the name of Jesus"...

...Boykin told an evangelical gathering last year how this fostered his spiritual crisis (in the Somalian warlord he'd captured). "There is no God," he said. "If there was a God, he would have been here to protect my soldiers." But he was thunderstruck by the insight that his battle with the warlord was between good and evil, between the true God and the false one. "I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."

...And the president, too, is on a divine mission. "George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the US. He was appointed by God."

Fanatic?

Chilling.

Still, it's always the other guy that's the religious fanatic.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What does Boykin's religious beliefs have to do with Somalia? As for Bush, would you be so kind to link me to an article of the whole speech or statement where he said this? I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts it was taken out of context.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bush's intention in Iraq was never to win, but to loose. He's trying to spread the U.S. army thin, and trying to break the United States in order to incorporate the country into a higher entity.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The violence is only going to get much, much worse once the US leaves.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The violence is only going to get much, much worse once the US leaves.

I will be interested to see the American population's reactions to these innumerable deaths once our troops are gone. Though I think immediately following the moment of our backing out, the continued violence will be used for political cannon fodder.

When I think of all the places that US involvement is still leading to deaths of local people, and how little they are focused on compared to Iraq, something turns my stomach, and makes me wonder if it is not all just truly political and that's it.

new topics

top topics

join