It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pope is a morphine addict.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A friend, who has been in rehab, but who is otherwise reliable, has told me that the current pointiff Benedict has tell-tale signs of morphine addiction. If this is true I think it advisable to remove him and appoint a new one. We are in the midst of a holy war in Iraq and very soon in Iran and must have an impeccable head of church.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Er....well if your friend is spending that much time scrutinising photographs and footage of the Pope, perhaps he needs a little more time in rehab.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yeahhh . . . what Fang said.

And anyway, why should we trust the word of your rehabilitating friend?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well tell-tale signs of opiate use is as follows, but applying that to the pope is amusing and might be hard to confirm.

Opiates

* A person on an opiate such as heroin or morphine will have constricted pupils that will look like pinpoints or small dots.
* Someone on opiates usually itches and you can see the person lightly and frequently scratching himself.
* If the method of ingestion is sniffing, his nostrils may appear raw and red.
* If the method of ingestion is by injection there will be needle marks in arms, behind the knees or ankles.
* Heroin users have been known to inject themselves under the tongue, or directly into open sores. These locations are not as easy to detect.
* They may get very pale and sweaty or extremely thirsty.
* Opiates affect people in different ways: some may get very "hyper"(active or frantic) and run around working or looking busy while others get very lethargic (nodding or doping off).
* The person may go around asking others for money. This will not be small change for cigarettes, but more like $20 or $40 here or there.
* Use or possession of paraphernalia, including syringes, bent spoons, bottle caps, eye droppers, rubber tubing, cotton and needles.
* Slurred speech.

Source.

As far as his health goes, he is 79, do you really think he could sustain an opiate addiction?

Health

In the early 1990s, Ratzinger suffered a stroke, which slightly impaired his eyesight temporarily. This was known to the Conclave that elected him Pope. In May 2005, the Vatican revealed that he had subsequently suffered another mild stroke; it did not reveal when, other than that it had occurred between 2003 and 2005. France's Philippe Cardinal Barbarin further revealed that since the first stroke, Ratzinger had been suffering from a heart condition as a result of his age, and is currently on medication. Because of these age-related health problems, and in order to have free time to write, he had hoped to retire, and submitted his resignation twice, but had continued at his post in obedience to the wishes of Pope John Paul II. It is also notable that he appears to be in far better health than his predecessor was at the age of 79.[7] In late November 2006 it emerged that Pope Benedict had undergone an operation in preparation for an eventual bypass operation, and that the bronchitis suffered by the Pope has put undue pressure on the Pope's heart

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well maybe he is right and maybe wrong. I was wondering if more people out there have been scrutinizing the pope. If you are in a position to confirm or deny, please do so. I am using the board to confirm, or put my friends story to rest.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
More importantly, who is his dealer?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
Well maybe he is right and maybe wrong. I was wondering if more people out there have been scrutinizing the pope. If you are in a position to confirm or deny, please do so. I am using the board to confirm, or put my friends story to rest.

Reminds me of a T-shirt that you can buy, i found this version of it on someones wall though, seems he likes the weed over the opiates.

Different Pope i know.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm with Fang on this one........ And, besides without any actual evidence those are very harsh accusations.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OP's thread title
The pope is a morphine addict

Wait, I thought he was a reptile

Seriously folks, subscribe to one conspiracy per public figure, it gets to be a little tough to follow after a while :p

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It brings him closer to the Almighty. Many Religious people use drugs to see God......well some do anyway

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Originally posted by OP's thread title
The pope is a morphine addict

Wait, I thought he was a reptile

Stoned as a newt!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
People who abuse drugs such as your friend has tend to hallucinate. He was probably having one with regard to the Pope. Your friend needs our prayers and the Pope's.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What was your mate in for Prokurator? His drug of choice so to speak.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Prokurator. May I ask, what is your religion?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was wondering why the Pope asked me for $20 the other day!

I really doubt the validity of all this but did you ever consider the thought that maybe the Pope suffers from terminal pain of some sort and therefore may be prescribed narcotics under a doctors care?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Reminds me of a T-shirt that you can buy, i found this version of it on someones wall though, seems he likes the weed over the opiates.

Different Pope i know.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Denied]

I wanted to post that so bad!!!!!!!!!! lol you beat me!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
He's an old man. All old people look like their on dope.

Pasty skin
Can't focus their eyes well
slow moving
Prone to mental lapses
Fall asleep randomly.

However, if this pope does OD on smack, you'll be the first one to say I told ya so.

Besides, when people are stoned they always say that the people they see on TV look like users. How many of us can say that they've been smoking pot and watching the news and say

"Dude, Larry king is totally a stoner. Look at his eyes"
or

"Martha Stweart totally smokes pot, she's always making munchies and she's the only one eating them"

or some other rediculous, (but at the time mind blowing) realization.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Yeahhh . . . what Fang said.

And anyway, why should we trust the word of your rehabilitating friend?

There are signs for anyone .. and it isn't just MORPHINE .. it's many numerous drugs that affect different chemicals in the brain pretty much any .... Narcotic ... will do certain things to someones eyes ... When they use to much ... anyways ... Look it up .. it is common knowledge ...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Prokurator, exactly which signs does the Pope show that makes your friend think he's an addict? Could you also tell or show us which media (pics, videos, websites) your friend is viewing to make this assumption?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If this is true I think it advisable to remove him and appoint a new one.

That's not how it works. The cardinals elected him. The pope is pope until he dies or until he steps down on his own. Considering his age I don't think he'll be pope too long. Rumors have it that he's 'isolated' and that all isn't running smoothly as far as politics in the Vatican -
www.spiritdaily.com

must have an impeccable head of church.

There is no such thing. No one is impeccable.

I no longer like Ratzinger. He was good as a watchdog cardinal for liturgical abuses .. but as pope? He bowed and prayed toward Mecca while in Turkey and he slammed our defensive wall against illegals on the Mexican border. I am no longer a Ratzinger fan - but I'm not going to make up the story that he's a morphine addict just to bring in someone who is probably worse.

YOUR TITLE needs to be changed. You offered no proof that the pope is a morphine addict and you didn't quote any news sources using that title. It's just a slam against the pope for no reason.

[edit on 1/22/2007 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join