It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices and sounds "in your head" could be real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
That would be geat! I would love to see some actual pictures of it if you have the time and they are handy, Thanks

Not a problem, will take them tomorrow. The prototype looks a little naff compared to the production model (we sold one this week to a customer) which i saw for the first time. The production model has got alot smaller, and does not have the fan cooling that was required for the protype unit.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Gee, I'm glad you didn't get the mods riled.

It was a device similar to how this one has been described, I saw it, I felt the effects. That's all I have to say, believe it or not.

Sometimes being an engineer and bound by four dimensions can be an impediment to belief and understanding. I, at one time, was entirely empirical myself.

Remember, between zero and one on the x-axis are an infinite number of points, some real (that is, defined), some imaginary (that is, undefined) and i squared equals minus one. How do you explain that? You take it on faith, right?

Faith is the promise of things unseen. I think your life holds a lot of promise for you right now.

Peace. Out.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Gee, I'm glad you didn't get the mods riled.

It was a device similar to how this one has been described, I saw it, I felt the effects. That's all I have to say, believe it or not.

Sometimes being an engineer and bound by four dimensions can be an impediment to belief and understanding. I, at one time, was entirely empirical myself.

Remember, between zero and one on the x-axis are an infinite number of points, some real (that is, defined), some imaginary (that is, undefined) and i squared equals minus one. How do you explain that? You take it on faith, right?

Faith is the promise of things unseen. I think your life holds a lot of promise for you right now.

Peace. Out.

Well, I have to agree with you that it has some negative effects on belief. But it really helps with the understanding part.

I don't have the luxury of faith or happy thoughts when I'm designing, or things don't work. Heck, it's tough enough just keeping up with all the empirical stuff. I can't imagine having to deal with metaphysics too.

Complex number spaces don't much bother me, either, I know calling them imaginary was unfortunate, as was using the term "irrational" for some numbers. It strictly means that you can't get them from the ratio of two numbers, that is, it's the class of numbers that can't be produced by simple division. But a lot of people hear the word and think it means "nonsense".

At any rate, I've never had the experience of hearing voices outside a lab environment when we were playing with this. It's interesting. We were looking at it for audio prompting in control rooms where they have to wear headphones at present. That's restrictive and uncomfortable. It would be nice to be able to roll around your control board area and still hear YOUR prompts but not the guy's next to you. It's not quite there, but it's close.

I will admit the first thing we did was start tossing off lines from "Real Genius" while we were using on each other. "This is God, Kent!" And, yes, the second thing we did was try to get it out the window to use on passersby. But that's just us. We tried..you really CAN'T use it through a wall, which actually makes sense given how it works. You do get some weird effects when you bounce it off a rough stone building though.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yeah they are good fun to play with!

the cats hate them!

other favorite phrases - "this is the voice of The Mysterons........."

there are some really great applications for them, just battering ideas around the office, as they are so directional would be great for fire alarm systems guiding you to an exit in a smoke filled room etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the correction. You are right about the understanding part.

My complex numbers prof had an interesting personality. He thought he was funny. Sometimes he was. His best line was, "Here in the classroom, we can transpose steps three and four of this solution, and it won't make a difference to the outcome, but in the real world, sometimes it matters if you stick your head out, then open the window, or open the window, then stick your head out."

Thanks for your time and consideration. This is a great device for the applications you are using.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Or, could you incorporate it into the speaker phone function of a cell phone?

Could you design it into a laptop so you could hear the sound/music/etc and not bother others around you?

Could you have zones in the house around the TV so that Gramps could "turn it up" in his chair without deafening everyone around him? Could you split-screen and have one sound channel go to some viewers and the other to the rest?

Could you make a sort of megaphone out of it, so that in a hostage situation, you could feed instructions to the hostages that the captors couldn't hear?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
lol yup.

When you get into it there are so many applications for it!

Im sure theres lots of suppressed technology out there along similar lines that we will start to get our hands on after the military have found the mose efficient way of killing/controlling people with!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hey, what about language zones at a theater? If they were cheap enough, you could have seats that could deliver Spanish dialog instead of English.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
thats a good one!

Directional reversing sirens on trucks that dont wake up the entire neighbourhood at 4am!

The obvious police siren applications.

Sports managers giving instructions to a team on the pitch.

Theres loads of applications, but you can be your boots the first ones you will here will be something saying "buy me"

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the correction. You are right about the understanding part.

My complex numbers prof had an interesting personality. He thought he was funny. Sometimes he was. His best line was, "Here in the classroom, we can transpose steps three and four of this solution, and it won't make a difference to the outcome, but in the real world, sometimes it matters if you stick your head out, then open the window, or open the window, then stick your head out."

Thanks for your time and consideration. This is a great device for the applications you are using.

We had some characters as well.

One that sticks in my mind was the third semester physics prof. He was really a nice guy. But one day something just went wrong. Something about thermodynamics just did him in. I guess if anything would in the Newtonian physics classes, it would be that.

We were discussing reversibility. As I recall, he made some statement that tossing an ice cube into a container of water at the triple point was reversible. Then I piped up that the cube would lose its shape, thus some information was not retained, and therefore the reaction was NOT reversible. The class broke down into a big argument as to whether that mattered. In the midst of it, the prof started wandering around with this weird look on his face, then started muttering it has to be, but it can't be, but it has to be, but it can't be, which went on for a while. It got really creepy and we all got quiet, after about 10 minutes worth of that he went running out the door.

We didn't exactly know what the proper protocol was for that event, some of us went looking but didn't find him...then we saw him through the window, skipping across the quad, naked, playing a harmonica.

It's not the sort of thing you see every day.

Apparently he'd had some sort of acute psychotic break. We rounded him up so he wouldn't make it to the street, and waited for the cops to come. We never saw him again.

I always wondered just what was going on in his head. I guess I'll never know. He did look happy at the end, though. At least he was smiling. And it didn't seem to mess with his harmonica abilities, either, he was really laying it down.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ciewan
thats a good one!

Directional reversing sirens on trucks that dont wake up the entire neighbourhood at 4am!

The obvious police siren applications.

Sports managers giving instructions to a team on the pitch.

Theres loads of applications, but you can be your boots the first ones you will here will be something saying "buy me"

(evil grin) Maybe before everyone knows what you have, you could..add in some extra instructions to the opposing team. Maybe call a different play to one of the players.

You could have fun in haunted houses.

Could you produce "silence"? If I had a mike on you, maybe around your neck, could I set up the field to radiate a cancellation function? Like Bose headphones writ large? It would be awfully nice to have no extraneous sounds at times, but I'd hate wearing those headsets.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The thing that worries me about this kind of technology, is when you read the theorys on project bluebeam etc.

Imagine every cellular tower in the uk transmitting the same types of waves (total coverage), or at a frequency that causes harmonics to form inside the human ear

Makes bluebeam look alot more possible!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That would reinforce my commitment to empiricism, to be sure.

My journey wasn't quite so abrupt and tragi-comic. It went more like; birth of son, death of parents, collapse of marriage, bad car accident, Kundalini awakening, surgical complications, morphine-induced oobe during spinal tap, Stranger than Fiction, salvation through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All in the space of just over five years.

Open or not, empiricism went right out that window. I still use an expanded form of it, but not under strict laboratory conditions.

Thanks for sharing your story. I had to laugh. I'm sure it wasn't that funny to you at the time. You are to be commended for corraling the guy and getting him some help. I watched something similar happen to someone very close to me, and it wasn't pretty.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ciewan
The thing that worries me about this kind of technology, is when you read the theorys on project bluebeam etc.

Imagine every cellular tower in the uk transmitting the same types of waves (total coverage), or at a frequency that causes harmonics to form inside the human ear

Makes bluebeam look alot more possible!

Well, this is sound, and cell towers are radio, so they can't be the same.

We played around with radio induced perception for a while. What we got out of it was that the field strength has to be almighty high, higher than you can subject military personnel to, according to guidelines, at least for more than a few minutes at a time. Less signal didn't work.

What the consensus seems to be is that you're not stimulating nerves directly as much as you are causing thermal effects in the fluid in the inner ear, which sort of makes sense. After all, while it's running you're not seeing visual flashes, why wouldn't it stimulate the retinae as well, if it were stimulating nerves? Why don't you feel pain? Cold? Pressure? None of the skin tactile nerves seemed to be affected, nor did motor nerves, since it didn't induce twitching. On the other hand, your ears are spectacularly sensitive to very small pressure waves in the cochlear fluid, such as might be caused by pulsed RF heating of the inner ear.

So I guess you could make that work but you'd be getting a nice burn eventually.

There's other ways you can make sound just come out of nowhere but a lot of them require huge apparatus or a lot of power or both.

You can easily do it with a flame. If your fireplace ever starts talking to you, suspect chicanery.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
you guys should check into neuro-linguistic programming... its all about the little voice in your head..

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

My journey wasn't quite so abrupt and tragi-comic. It went more like; birth of son, death of parents, collapse of marriage, bad car accident, Kundalini awakening, surgical complications, morphine-induced oobe during spinal tap, Stranger than Fiction, salvation through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All in the space of just over five years.

Open or not, empiricism went right out that window. I still use an expanded form of it, but not under strict laboratory conditions.

Thanks for sharing your story. I had to laugh. I'm sure it wasn't that funny to you at the time. You are to be commended for corraling the guy and getting him some help. I watched something similar happen to someone very close to me, and it wasn't pretty.

It was sort of unnerving. I thought I had done something to him personally.

I've seen people panic, seen other stuff that wasn't real pleasant I won't go into, but never seen anyone lose it like that. Oddly, most of the times I would have thought people would really flip out, like being in a plane that was on fire, everyone was pretty coolheaded if not actually almost flippant. Maybe they were faking it like I was.

Ur, as far as that goes, I've had two OOBEs. That's very confusing to me. I don't share that with my colleagues, though.
I'll man up and admit it. Maybe I need a 12 step program. "I'm Tom, and I had a couple of damned OOBEs". Well, that and some other stuff I don't want to have happened. I just ignore it, basically.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

It was sort of unnerving. I thought I had done something to him personally.

I've seen people panic, seen other stuff that wasn't real pleasant I won't go into, but never seen anyone lose it like that. Oddly, most of the times I would have thought people would really flip out, like being in a plane that was on fire, everyone was pretty coolheaded if not actually almost flippant. Maybe they were faking it like I was.

Ur, as far as that goes, I've had two OOBEs. That's very confusing to me. I don't share that with my colleagues, though.
I'll man up and admit it. Maybe I need a 12 step program. "I'm Tom, and I had a couple of damned OOBEs". Well, that and some other stuff I don't want to have happened. I just ignore it, basically.

Are you sure it was an OOBE? and not one of your neighbours pointing a speaker in your window! lol

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No, dammit. Classic OOBE, complete with verifiable observations. If anyone wants mine, they're welcome to it. Ha! I'm an ATS heretic!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OOBE's Anonymous, that's a gas. Btw, how do you explain them? You can't just ignore them forever. That would be pretending. That's not empirical.

Seriously though, the bluebeam angle doesn't seem that farfetched to me. All the world hearing the gospel in their own language, inside their heads, courtesy of the amplified sound beam. Add some appropriate holographic sky imagery, and whallah, the faux second coming. Could the focus of the beam be diffused to the point that its possible to mass communicate with it?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
im sure theres lots of variations on how it can be configured. When you think your average satellite is about the same size as a school bus you have got plenty of space to hide things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join