It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoia - the classics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The classic paranoia scenario -

The whole world revolves around you (The Truman Show is NOT a good reference here), a sinister plot is unfolding in which you are the protagonist, blissfully unaware of the fact that events surrounding your life are manufactured...

I doubt the validity of anybody claiming the above, but, from time to time things happen around me that are quite 'strange' and 'not quite right'. People watching me, and people speaking into watches as they pass me on the street... And a particularly strange event in Slovakia where some anonymous character behind a camera took a picture of me in a deserted dorm corridor before retreating into an equally anonymous room. Many odd things have happened over the years and these things have prompted my curiosity here... Any thoughts?

BTW – I KNOW I’m paranoid. I prefer it to the alternative ‘being blissfully unaware’.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
yep ignorance can bring its own problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You are one of us....or else you soon will be.

We are the initiates into the strange corridors of life, our choices, though strange to others - lead us down roads and pathways in both the world and the mind that most never tread upon.

Accept these signs as a testament to your worthiness - for "they" do not waste resources on those they do not find interesting.

Whatever you're doing - it must be working.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
people speaking into watches seems strikingly similar to They Live! And although i've never seen anybody talking into their watches I have seen some many strange things.

I hate to believe that the world revolves around me but I will admit that I have had these thoughts.

Many occassions where people seem to know what I have been doing when there is no way they could have.

Things that people have said when it seems that they know they shouldn't have.

So much more but it's all far too complicated to explain.

a sinister plot is unfolding in which you are the protagonist, blissfully unaware of the fact that events surrounding your life are manufactured...

that seems to sum up that disconcerting feeling perfectly. However I find myself dismissing these feelings when I realise how solipsistic I'm being.

But have you ever had the feeling that there are signs everywhere guiding you? And perhaps you may not know it but everything you say or do is controlled by these signs...and in fact not only are the events surrounding your life manufactured but your life itself is under the same control?

The problem is:

If this were so and you were aware of it what could you do about it? How would know whether you were in or out of "their" control? Perhaps the knowledge would send you insane and perhaps ignorance is bliss?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
yeo theres plenty of evil basterds in this world, that would love to do anything like this to people, but like i said earlier, ignorence brings its own problems

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
people speaking into watches seems strikingly similar to They Live! And although i've never seen anybody talking into their watches I have seen some many strange things.

I hate to believe that the world revolves around me but I will admit that I have had these thoughts.

Many occassions where people seem to know what I have been doing when there is no way they could have.

Things that people have said when it seems that they know they shouldn't have.

So much more but it's all far too complicated to explain.

a sinister plot is unfolding in which you are the protagonist, blissfully unaware of the fact that events surrounding your life are manufactured...

that seems to sum up that disconcerting feeling perfectly. However I find myself dismissing these feelings when I realise how solipsistic I'm being.

But have you ever had the feeling that there are signs everywhere guiding you? And perhaps you may not know it but everything you say or do is controlled by these signs...and in fact not only are the events surrounding your life manufactured but your life itself is under the same control?

The problem is:

If this were so and you were aware of it what could you do about it? How would know whether you were in or out of "their" control? Perhaps the knowledge would send you insane and perhaps ignorance is bliss?

Good points! It does in fact sound very 'They Live'... But who knows what is going on behind the scenes... Ignorance sure is bliss for some.

And how could I forget, I remember climbing aboard a bus in Manchester a few years back - I paid the driver (complete stranger) and he said "Thanks Ian." I immediately replied with "What?" and he said "Thanks."
What's all that about!?

new topics

top topics

join