It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Stone Circle banned - any info?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'm trying to find some info on a Pre-Maori era stone circle that was found but has been suppressed by the NZ government because of the cultural/ racial can of worms that would be opened.

There is at least one site that talks about it but I can't find it because there has been a replica Stonehenge built in NZ and that's crowding out my searches.

Any info?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's getting more and more difficult to find information online about New Zealand's suppressed archaeology, isn't it?

Anyway, a good start, if you don't have it, would be Martin Doutre's site:
www.megaliths.net...

also: www.freerepublic.com...

and: www.kilts.co.nz...

www.kilts.co.nz...

www.celticnz.co.nz... .....

One of the most remote countries where standing stone circles and other types of megalithic structures are being found in profusion is New Zealand, at the sub-tropical base of the South Pacific.
[/quote and .... (with photos)

Figure 1: A large sharksfin-shaped stone of the Waitapu standing stone circle, where nothing was left "standing" after the site was destroyed by the warriors. The stones, thankfully, lie very close to their original positions and need only to be stood up again. The site has delivered up its former geometric layout through careful surveying.

NZ archaeology is in a very sad state. Artifacts are hidden or deliberately destroyed, handed to iwi to be disposed of as they see fit. No carbon dating or DNA testing is done before items are handed back. or at least no results are released if they at all contradict the "official" attiudes. To do so is now considered culturally insensitive. Yet modern authorities ride rough shod over modern cultural attitudes to conduct post-mortems and carve our forms up as if they own our very bodies.

TextMaori were not the first here, and therefore not the indigenous people. Even their own tribal histories acknowledge the previous peoples

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What can of worms do you believe they are hiding?

The treaty between maori and white nz'ers has held the peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What can of worms do you believe they are hiding?

I would have thought it was obvious, based on the quotes alone.

History IS. Those with ethics don't tamper with it just because it runs contrary to what they WISH were true.

When we suppress, alter and deny history/truth, we become immediately guilty of grave crimes against those of the past, present and future.

TPTB in New Zealand are guilt of criminal actions via their denial of New Zealand's true history. They smash and bury caves and graves containing the remains of the pre-Maori peoples. They have removed remains of the pre-Maori people from public display within museums, etc. They have systematically sought to erradicate all reference to the pre-Maori peoples from the records. They have denied international and local journalists access to newly discovered archaeological and other sites of the pre Maori people.

That there were white skinned, tall, red and fair haired people living in New Zealand prior to the Maori is beyond dispute. Maori history freely includes acknowledgement that these tall, fair, Celtic type people lived in New Zealand prior to the Maori arrival.

Maori facial and other decoration is based on the Celtic designs of these tall, fair, New Zealand inhabitants.

New Zealand pioneers recorded Maori legends of the tall, fair, Celtic type inhabitants who pre-dated the Maori arrival.

So where is the official recognition and acknowledgement of these Celtic people who lived in New Zealand prior to the Maori ?

Why has the NZ government desecrated burial and other sites of these pre-Maori inhabitants ?

Your question would be more properly directed to the New Zealand government and it would be appreciated if you'd post their response.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is interesting - do you have some sources for further reading? Also, where did these Celtic types come from originally?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well the Celtic types of people would have had to be from Europe. Ireland has a lot of rock carvings with swirling designs that look like the designs on the cheeks of tattooed Maori men.

The can of worms would be the huge upheaval of NZ society when the status quo is challenged.

Currently, because it is thought Maori were in NZ before Whites, there is racially based legislated discrimination 200 years later even if the white people were born in NZ. This loony left racism would mean that if it were shown that Celts were in NZ before Maori, the Whites should have more rights than the Maori.

Sound silly? Well to people like me who object to left-wing racism it is just as silly to suggest that a white baby born today owes the Maori baby born today in the next crib something. Try telling that to a left-wing dimwit though.

Imagine white people having exclusive seats in parliament, or exclusive fishing rights. It would never happen, but the rights contemporary Maori have would be in jeopardy if it were shown they were not here before the whites.

So, rather than tell the truth about NZ archaeology, the government chooses to destroy and lie about history.

Incidentally, there were some mummified remains found in China recently that had blonde and red hair and were tall. These findings have also been suppressed.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Headhurts]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This white skinned Red haired race is common to alot of places no less China and the USA. To be culturally sensitive to the people displaced by white races whether they be North American Indian or Maori its bad press and construed racial vilification to even mention this historical oddity.

There were waves of repopulation after the so called flood - deluge reference point and Tsarion covers this to some extent and it makes good reading.

I read an article in the local paper here 10 + years ago about a huge stone relief found near a river in the South Island of NZ that the local authorities were ordered to push it into the river and deny all existence of it. I would love to see this relief as it was supposed to be Phoenecian or Egyptian I forget which.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headhurts
Well the Celtic types of people would have had to be from Europe. Ireland has a lot of rock carvings with swirling designs that look like the designs on the cheeks of tattooed Maori men.

So are the Maoris from Ireland then?

There may be evidence for pre-Maori peoples living in NZ (I am aware of various claims). But on what basis do you draw the conclusion they came from Britain?

Incidentally, there were some mummified remains found in China recently that had blonde and red hair and were tall. These findings have also been suppressed.

Suppressed almost as much as the discovery of a huge stone circle on Salisbury Plain and 3 pyramids at Giza in Egypt

This is just one of the more recent news stories about the Chinese Mummies:-

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'm an NZ/Scot and curious to know of DNA evidence - Y chromosome or MT DNA of NZ Maoris indicating Celtic/West European ties.. and clues?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It gets worse I afraid.

Back when I was a nipper, on the TV One one night there was an article on the finding of an old Celtic style bridge that was uncovered by a landslip caused by a storm. It was on the West Coast of the South Island, near Westport, I think.

Also found were old pots with Celtic designs on them.

I remember this, because at the time (I was 11) I thought that this would really upset the argument about who arrived in NZ first (as rekindled by the recent 'Rat teeth' article that was written about this week).

Now for the clincher: The old (now) TVNZ footage went missing. No trace. Nothing. No records of it being signed out. I've worked with TVNZ. They are thorough.

Then it got stranger. The bridge 'magically' disappeared along with the pots.

This subject, for Kiwis, is huge.

At the time the Treaty Settlement issue was just starting to gain traction. Having this stuff lurking about opened a major can of worms.

I've asked countless historians about this subject (Auckland and Christchurch Museum staff - friends of friends), no-one has heard of it.

Having worked for the past two years with, mainly, Government Departments whose purpose is related to the betterment of Maori, I know that even talking about this subject is a no-go area.

I've even tried to raise the issue with a good friend of mine who is on the Green Party list for the next election. But still a no-go subject.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Mr Gunter]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Headhurts

This is an article from TVNZ's website that includes a video clip last year that shows a local Maori elder spokesperson talking about the pre-Maori people called te kahui potama by them. tvnz.co.nz... . They were also known as Patu-paiarehe and resemble Europeans with blond or red hair. Proof of their existence is now too large to be suppressed with findings kept from the NZ Government and iwi so they don't disappear. When Lake Taupo's last big eruption happened that has been called the Oruanui eruption 1,830 years ago, it was so large it ejected an estimated 1,170 cubic kilometres of material & caused several hundred square kilometres of surrounding land to collapse and form the caldera. The caldera later filled with water, eventually overflowing to cause a huge outwash flood now called Lake Taupo. This was one of the most violent eruptions in the last 5,000 years and the ash turned the sky red over Rome and China which was recorded in their history. What also happened was with that kind of firepower, it flattened all the trees on the North Island of NZ in a direction facing away from Taupo. Underneath this distinctive layer now 1,830 years old, articles have been found including human bones. All the skulls that have been found from this period have a European jaw as apposed to a Maori or Polynesian "rocker jaw". Maori & Moriori people didn't find New Zealand until much later with the 1st historic canoes landing from 925AD onwards. The best website to find out more about New Zealand's real History is www.celticnz.co.nz and after meeting Martin Doutre last year, I have learnt a lot more on the subject. At the end of the day there is no hiding facts and that's what Martin does best, bit by bit exposing our past.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The wife and I were thinking of moving to NZ this year, so we went on holiday.

Lets just say i thought the Uk was racist towards its native white people . . . . . Dammit NZ got us beat hands down.

Any how, stone circles.

web ring stone circles

Celtic NZ

two links for you to browse about.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Dan, you are more than welcome to come on out but just bear in-mind that reverse racism has been going on for the past two decades. I have Maori blood in me but I was raised with a normal Kiwi up bringing and unlike other white Maoris, I don't play the native card. Now it seems the Europeans were here first anyway. What ever you believe one thing is for sure, Maori in there own handed down history tells us the didn't arrive here until the ninth century, making them NOT NATIVE TO NEW ZEALAND.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This was on the news last night here in NZ. They have found a female European skull that pre-dates when European women were first thought to of been here. The only reason it got past the NZ Government suppresses is that the date is almost acceptable at 300 years old. If it was any older, it would never of made news headlines. The link is www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i've been reading a fair bit recenly about how some of these discoveries have been destroyed or locked away i wouldnt actually mind trecking into the bush myself just to checkout anymore reports people make about these kinds of monuments,something has to be done as i distinctly remember a member of my families iwi was talking about how someone wanted to lay a claim to the air & sea in/around new zealand??? i mean if that were to ever come to fruition what would happen to white/pakeha people who breathe the maori air "air tax?"

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Isn't that a wonderful question?

Especially since the Gaelic peoples of Ireland / Britain where actually, originally, from mainland Europe.

"Celtic" Society ranges from the British Isles clear down to the northern areas of Spain, up past Italy and into Germania, where Germania, a distant relative to the Gaelic society, then takes over. Nordic is also a distant relation to the Gaelic people..

Hence France, before being France, was Gaul.

White Caucasians originate in the Caucus Mountains in the Middle East, who migrated North, supposedly during the end of the last ice age..

Areas of Iran especially still have inhabitants that are "fairer" and have red hair.

Go figure.

So it would not be impossible to assume that a powerful Persian Empire could have landed on NZ during trade missions or exploration ..

Or it very well could have been Nordic peoples

We would know more accurately if of course NZ released carbon dating records.

History and Humanity is not divided into "black regions, asian regions and white regions" ..

A boat is a boat, and if a boat full of whities drifted to NZ it would be just as likely as anyone else.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Intresting, thanks for the show, i think i'll dig a bit more into this as i'm a kiwi
I've always knew something wasn't right... i heard there are a few active groups out there 200+ doing something to proove!!!
but yeah! thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Interesting stuff but the biggest problem I have with it is that the Celts were not a seafaring nation at the time.

There's Maori stone circles everywhere because they used them for navigation and seasoning farming...stuff. The correct word eludes me right now

I'm a Kiwi and it's about time NZ got a nice juicy conspiracy! There is very little to no evidence to suggest anyone pre-Maori though (other than the Moriori). There's a lot of rumour and supposition though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
New zealand settled by CELTS?

What the

thats rediculous, a non sea faring people sailing about as far around the world you can get.

So when did these supposed irish super sailors arrive in NZ?

And they did it without leaving any trace anywhere along the way.

There are stone circles all over the world.
In japan, in egypt and in central america.

and red hair?

black hair bleaches red with sun and salt water, and being that NZ is a more temperate climate the polynesians that settled would get gradually light skin, due to the lesser need to protect the body from the sun.

I'll buy that gaelic sailors made it to north america and even to africa but there is no way they sailed all the way to NZ

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
there have been a few interesting cover ups in new zealand over the years.

the waitaha claim to be way older than the maori and there are cave drawings dating back before the maori down in otago.

there is also some maori story dating back hundreds of yrs staing they some white skinned people coming out the jungle.

also, there is a story of a spanish helmet dating back to the 1700's being found in Wellington harbour. this was very quickly hushed up by the government too.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by grantbeed]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join