It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian flag ban at concert in Sydney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
read all about it here

in these days of so called political corectness , we see nationals not being allowed waving their own flag in their own country.
At least this time it didn't come from local authorities, but seriously where are we heading towards ?
If anyone ever tells me i'm not allowed to wear or wave my country's colours (in my own country) to avoid hurting some peoples misplaced feelings , i will certainly not be one of the happy kind .
It seems freedom of speech/opinion (and in my eyes this event cannot really be related to freedom of speech/opinion given the nature of the event, waving your flag in your country ...... come on) only works one way , the way of the extremist minorities ....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was glad to see people ignored the ban and went with them regardless.

I'm damn proud to be an Australian, and i will bloody well show my flag whenever i see fit. I'm not going to remove it simply because some ethnic group wore it once in a riot.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The ban was immediately revised to a 'request'.
What I loved most about it was seeing all the pictures the day after the concert with people of various ethnic backgrounds all coming together to support the Australian flag.
Young people who had probably never considered what it might mean to be Australian, or what the flag represented to them suddenly held it up high and proclaimed themselves proud Aussies.

new topics

join