It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hillary Clinton's White House Bid Will Crash and Burn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
As someone who once proudly identified myself as a conservative Republican, I've been saying all along that Hillary Clinton will not be elected president of the United States in 2008. Probably only when we're all seeing pigs fly - at the same time.

I just read this excellent analysis on why. Thot I'd share.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson

Hillary's Problem Is Hillary Not Republicans
Earl Ofari Hutchinson

A defiant Hillary Clinton claimed in her web message announcing her presidential bid that she knows how to beat the Republicans. They may be much easier to beat than Hillary. A CNN poll in 2005 was more a public referendum on voter perception of her than a poll.

Far more voters even at the risk of being reviled for gender bigotry said they were "more likely" to cast a vote against Hillary than for her.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here's another excellent entry at Huffington Post on why Hillary wil not win if she wins the Democratic nomination. It's all about the baggage; her political opportunism.

Jayne Lyn Stahl
On Hillary's Announcement

Make no mistake, watching videos of Senator Clinton talking about setting up an "exploratory commission," coming across strong, and undeniably brilliant, makes me proud to be a woman, but we need a president who will make up proud to be an American.

This is one election the Democrats simply can't afford to lose. The candidate who takes his, or her party's nomination must be, in the best sense of the word, unimpeachable and, more importantly, one that can win.. This nation is in dire need of equal opportunity, and not political opportunism.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hillary's Whitehouse bid is doomed from the outset. To get elected you need three things.

1. The support of your core voter base .
  2. Swing voters to cast there ballot in your favor.
  3. Moderate supporters of the other party need to cast there ballot in your favor.

Number three dosnt necessary apply outside of the USA.
Hillary fails on counts one and three. To be a creditable candidate you need to have the support of your core voter base. Count two is open to question 2008 may see the return of swing voters but if so called Liberals wont vote for Hillary why would swing voters vote for her ?

The only way the Republicans could lose against Hillary is if the come up with there own version of Kerry.

new topics

join