It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding UK news coverage on UFO activity! (there is none?!?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi all

forgive any sloppy writting and alike, i haven't made many posts so im still getting used to it.

Its been on my mind lately, with the O'Hare UFO incident and a few others, that NONE, i repeat NONE of these stories reach the UK news networks, at least not that i've seen.

I'm always reading threads linking "youtube" clips of "Fox News" and "CBS" or other programs report UFOs and such.

We,here in the UK have nothing, the closest we come to anything of the sort is when Channel four on terrestrial, or some channels on digital decide to show an "ifs and buts laced with maybe's" documentary.

I was thinking (not wanting to get to big for my boots here) if we, the ATSers, Emailed the UK news networks and asked them to cover such stories, and/or provide some program or "slot" witrh which to present these stories, we might actually get somewhere.

There are CERTAINLY enough things happening out there every day,enough to make a regular slot of it, or even a seperate show.

...they wouldn't have to make it TOO serious (to save imbarresment), but it would get the stories out there, and i think they would be suprised how many people would find something like that entertaining if nothing else.

So i thought i'd post my thoughts here, to see what people think.
Not tryin to start a "movement" here or anything, but maybe we could all get together and BOMBARD them with emails, and repeat that every month.

You never know. Would be great to see on TV one day, something created by popular demand, and know that you had a part in that.

Let me know your thoughts.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah, i'm from the UK to and there is never any coverage of anything like the O'hare incident. Infact I dont recall EVER seeing anything like this being covered on the news. The only programs ive ever seen on it have been on Discovery channel. Wouldnt wanna be left out of the loop.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well i reckon we should do something.

We all sit here at some point during the day, typing away on ATS, shouldn't be too hard to use a few minutes of that "typing mode" to write to ITV,CH4/5,BBC News networks, and let them know there is an audience out there for this.

With the RAPID growth of the internet, there is alot of open minded people out there, and i believe that we could make a difference based SOULY on the fact that, EVEN if our emails dont do it, it might make someone do some looking into the idea.

Im deffinatley up for it, in the next week ill draft up a letter to send to the terrestrial News networks, BBC,ITV etc.

I shall post the reply on here.

I really hope other people will do the same, it would be great if, over the comming weeks, people read this thread and then actually thought "why not"......at least you'd all know OTHERS were doing it too.....

FOWARD AS ONE...

Who knows.....lets just try
certainly would raise a few eyebrows

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I live in the UK now and it seems there is a blanket ban on any objective reporting on this subject.
Ive travelled/lived in Europe and in places like Portugal,Spain and France ,UFO/OVNI reports are frequently on the major news channels.
Maybe its a weak attempt to condition the public through media manipulation,but I always feel that with 'documentaries' on the subject that impartiality iand objectivity are sorely lacking and there is a subtle inferrence that UFO =NUT.
Hysterical prejudice,hopeless cynicism and wilfull ignorance are usualy the main culprits when it comes to misconceptions about this subject and,as
the UK overtook Brazil as the worlds number 1 hotspot recently, its strange there is a distinct lack of impartial programming on the subject.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
probablyt because uk like america, probably have stealth craft flying around, and they do not want to draw attention to the subject.

did not nick pope go on skynews, and say there may be an invasion one day or something.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Hi all

forgive any sloppy writting and alike, i haven't made many posts so im still getting used to it.

Its been on my mind lately, with the O'Hare UFO incident and a few others, that NONE, i repeat NONE of these stories reach the UK news networks, at least not that i've seen.

I'm always reading threads linking "youtube" clips of "Fox News" and "CBS" or other programs report UFOs and such.

We,here in the UK have nothing, the closest we come to anything of the sort is when Channel four on terrestrial, or some channels on digital decide to show an "ifs and buts laced with maybe's" documentary.

I was thinking (not wanting to get to big for my boots here) if we, the ATSers, Emailed the UK news networks and asked them to cover such stories, and/or provide some program or "slot" witrh which to present these stories, we might actually get somewhere.

There are CERTAINLY enough things happening out there every day,enough to make a regular slot of it, or even a seperate show.

...they wouldn't have to make it TOO serious (to save imbarresment), but it would get the stories out there, and i think they would be suprised how many people would find something like that entertaining if nothing else.

So i thought i'd post my thoughts here, to see what people think.
Not tryin to start a "movement" here or anything, but maybe we could all get together and BOMBARD them with emails, and repeat that every month.

You never know. Would be great to see on TV one day, something created by popular demand, and know that you had a part in that.

Let me know your thoughts.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

Same here in Germany. None of the news networks (so called main stream media) has ever covered stories like ohare or other similiar stuff. Never ever happened. Seems like we also have a "newsban" for stuff like that.

I guess Europe has alot more sheeple than the US or any other country.

All we got here (so called "news") is national politics, VIP news and alot of sportsnews, even marketnews is big news here (DAX, Dollar, Euro, Gold etc) *puke*

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yeah this is a good idea.
BUT, i don't think any thing will come of this. IMO there is nothing we can do. Also i'd take BBC of the list because it is run by the government.
I'd say ITV or Sky News are the best bets.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There used to be lots of coverage of UFOs on British TV news. Nowadays they tend to favour alien big cats or hyped up weather stories instead. Just fashion is all.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy

Same here in Germany. None of the news networks (so called main stream media) has ever covered stories like ohare or other similiar stuff. Never ever happened. Seems like we also have a "newsban" for stuff like that.

I guess Europe has alot more sheeple than the US or any other country.

All we got here (so called "news") is national politics, VIP news and alot of sportsnews, even marketnews is big news here (DAX, Dollar, Euro, Gold etc) *puke*

come to think of i your right

there is certainly no coverage what so ever in germany

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I live in the UK and last UFO story I remember was the mexican one where loads of ufo's where following that aircraft and they caught on heat sensitive camera.

They usually treat UFO stories as a "... and finally" type report at the end.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

BUT, i don't think any thing will come of this. IMO there is nothing we can do

And thats why nothing gets done, and thus, nothing ever happens.

Yee have little faith my man

Also i'd take BBC of the list because it is run by the government.
I'd say ITV or Sky News are the best bets

I agree with you there, BBC have TOO much "Pride" to supposedly speek of,they wouldn't touch the stuff.

ITV maybe, CH4 DEFFINATELY would if WE showed them there WAS an audience for this.

Remember, CH4 actually has licence,giving to them by Margret Thatcher no less, to sit outside the mainstream and push the boundaries a little...
FIRST full nude sex scene
FIRST lesbien kiss scene
Lets not forget "THE WORD", (daring stuff THAT was)

So now lets have FIRST terrestrial UFO news slot

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

new topics

top topics

join