It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inner life of a cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hello,

just watched this video showing the insides of a cell.

If anyone knows what are those green "branches"? and what is that big blue blob walking along them?

I assume it's the DNA, and some organite responsable of taking care of it (in case of errors) but that's just my guess

aimediaserver.com... src=harvard/harvard.swf&width=640&height=520

[edit on 21-1-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sorry your link gave me a pretty blank page but no video. You might want to check the link. I might be able to tell you what the insides are if I am able to see what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
edited, works for me now

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ah I think they are nucleotides.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice. Some of it I know what it's supposed to be, but what that is being transported along the cytoskeleton I can't fathom. My best guess is that it's a transport vesicle of some sort.

The scenes don't seem to be in a meaningful order but I only watched it the one time. However, there is a shot of smooth endoplasmic reticulum just before the last time you see it, so if they are logically connected in some manner that would be the place for it.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This video is awesome!! It is the representation of the processes in a White Blood cell. the big blue blob is a motor protien (the feet part) carrying along a bunch of lipid molecules(the blob part).
Very nice!!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A more recent version of the video has a narrator explaining whats being shown in the video, instead of music. Its hosted at Harvard's Multimedia Website.

Its an Awesome video.

Thanks DarkSide

[edit on 1/21/07 by makeitso]

top topics

join