It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we change the banners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The ad banners on top - I've been the "1,000,000th" visitor quite a few times now...we need better ad banners.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree, that is the most obnoxious banner add on ATS. All Flashing banners should be banned. It is an established fact that such flashing lights can set off photosensitive epileptic seizures. There are far better banner adds than that one and it has been on ATS for too long. I urge all ATS members to avoid clicking on any flashing banners.

This banner in particular is evil. It states that you have won a free computer. This is an out and out lie. You have not won anything. If you buy into several products they sell then you may get the "free" laptop. Advertisements that lie to you should be banned. False advertising is evil. ATS as an institution that requests you to "Deny Ignorance," is hypocritical to post an add that request you in fact be ignorant and actually believe in a lie.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In a related note, there is a thread on obnoxious banners members would like to get rid of. Skeptic Overlords Add Hit List

On that thread, many people, including SuperModerators have complained about this flashing false add in particular yet nothing has been done about it. Despite it being mentioned many times on the hit list even by SuperModerators it continues drill it's evil ways into our eyeballs.

I ask this simple question: Why is there a "Skeptic Overlord Worst Add Ever Hit List," if the owners of the board refuse to do anything about it?

If you feel that these types of adds don't belong here then add your voice. We all understand that advertisements are good for ATS and bring in needed revenue. Web sites like ATS are not free nor cheap. This being said, we should hold ATS to a higher standard and end the practice of allowing false advertising and adds that utilize obnoxious methods.

I will make it my personal goal to uncover the conspiracy that keeps this torturous advertising here on ATS. Stay tuned.

join