It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and Dungeons & Dragons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sort of tongue in cheek and sort of realistically - seriously do Freemason conspiracy type folk play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons or something? They have such a vivid imagination. You know in some prestige class book I came across a class that had certain signs and signals that you would memorize to get in...they were some thief class.

I wonder if that's a Masonic reference!?

Really - debate should be about the practicality of the "connections" because I am sure you could find references in the Bible stating Jesus is really Satan if you look hard enough and take things out of context.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Two things.

D&D IS a productive stimulation of the Imagination. In order for it to be fun at all is if you can imagine your charachter IN the situations that are being presented. Dungeon Masters often work long hours trying to come up with events (Campaigns) that will keep the Player/Charachter interested and imaginative in decision making (By your post, you obviously know this). I don't play too much anymore, but, if approached by my old DM saying he's got a good campaign, I'd jump right back in.
I've never noticed any conspiratorial-related stuff in the Role-playing games I've played (D&D, Rifts, Boot Hill), but I'm SURE there is a conspiracy theory related RPG sold. I just can't think of it's name right now.

On the other hand, a lot of the magiks invoked in D&D, etc; are based in part on the same rituals many people point out with the Masons. A lot of the symbolism is depicted as cover art as well.

Really - debate should be about the practicality of the "connections" because I am sure you could find references in the Bible stating Jesus is really Satan if you look hard enough and take things out of context.

I did try to connect the WWE to conspiracy themes myself. No-one really took the bait, though

WWE Thread

Check it out.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I didn't think anyone would bite on the D&D reference I actually enjoy their imaginativeness(?) heh.

And with a good story teller it can be fun ...

I was surprised you could make any comments of references to masonry for that game as it is...wouldn't have thought there was much at all

join