It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icarus Rising: A Tribute to STS-51L Challenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ran across this website recently. I liked the cool name. More so, I relate to the sentiment. Honoring the lost adventurers, struck down in their quest for knowledge. What greater pursuit is there in life than to "trod the high, untrespassed sanctity of space, put out my hand and touch the face, of God."?

NASA has designated the last Thursday of January as their annual
"Day of Remembrance"
for the astronauts of Apollo 1, Challenger and Columbia.

Icarus Rising

May God bless and keep all our fallen heroes.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wanted to bump this thread as today is the last Thursday in January, the "Day of Remembrance" for Apollo 1, Challenger, and Columbia.

We all owe these brave pioneers a huge debt of gratitude for the sacrifice they made to expand our understanding and improve our lives here on earth.

Now, if we could just stop using the advances made possible by heroes like these to wage warfare and enrich soulless global corporate entities, and start using them to end poverty and hunger, warfare and strife.......

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Challenger event is something I will always remember due to the fact that I was front and center. I grew up in South Florida and my school took a field trip to see the lift off. They shuffled us off fairly quickly when it exploded but the tears, confusion....and silence....are what stick in my mind the most.

join