It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Saddam go so easily?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Many people are commenting that Saddam let himself be taken so easily. They all figured that he would go out with his guns blazing.

I think there are a number of reasons that he let himslef be taken without putting up a fight...

One reason and I think the most likely is that he has been running for months now and living in holes and such. He knows that there is nowhere for him to go. Maybe he just got tired of running and decided it was time to go and face the music.

Another is that it is a ploy on his part. He has been gaining a lot of sympathizers all over the world. People think that Bush is the bad guy. If Saddam jumps out of the hole with his guns blazing people would be much more likely to believe he is a lunatic. But he let himself be taken without a fight, perhaps hoping to show people that he is not such a madman.

Anybody else have any other ideas?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He could trust no one....and the 2 biggest things of all:
* The Ba'ath Party abandoned him
* He remembers what happened to his two sons when they tried to go the "other" route and contest their captures...

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well i for 1 think this guy isnt him based on articles i have read since his "capture"

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Must be hard for the guy, he used to live the highest lifestyle in Iraq then went down to one of the lowest. Quite a shock on the old system I think. Wonder if he ever had to eat any of the money?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Doesn't his/Saddam's "haggard" look remind you of anyone?
How about this guy, found in Afghanistan:

John Walker.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Saddam went so easily because he's not stupid. I bet he's hoping to cut a deal in exchange for life in prison instead of being thrown to the Iraqis.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thats a very valid point that you make Flinx.

I found a article, though it is a bit speculative, it does mention something to the degree that you have elluded to:
"Saddam could reveal arms cache in deal"
Link:
www.haaretzdaily.com...

Seems that you may be on to something.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Saddam went so easily because he's not stupid. I bet he's hoping to cut a deal in exchange for life in prison instead of being thrown to the Iraqis.

He may be shrewd but to me that doesnt sound like what he would do.

He would say nothing and be thrown to his own people he's not gonna give in to Bush, Bush to him is the enemy.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by drunk]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
He would say nothing and be thrown to his own people he's not gonna give in to Bush, Bush to him is the enemy.

He may think that now, but he'll probably do whatever Bush wants when they attach those electrodes to his nuts...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Doubt it the guy they have wont talk cos he's a double most probably so you can bet your last penny those electrodes will be frying his short and curlies!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Right... is that a lifetime in that new "Pounding-in-the-azz" prison or the old "Pounding-in-the-azz" prison? He'd be better off dying now. He may kill himself soon, or some "assassin" will do that for him, we'll see, RIGHT before he is about to spill his guts and tell us all his secrets and where he hid his nuclear/chemical crap (assuming it exists, if not then other secrets). And yet this all smells of pure BS and a huge coverup, it is either not the real Saddam, he's been kept in US since like april, or something else I can't think of. The story they gave us doesn't click. Or wait.. what if he is thrown to the Iraqis who then change their minds about the whole democracy thing (I mean look how messed up it is here) and ask him to take dictatorship up again? I know that's not gonna happen, just a spontaneous idea...

I'm H. Saddam, I'm the real Saddam, all you other H Saddam's can kiss my big bottom. If you're the real saddam please stand up!

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by lilblam]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well i for 1 think this guy isnt him based on articles i have read since his "capture"

hmmm. They took a DNA sample before it was announced that they have caught Saddam. So in conclusion, the real Saddam has been caught.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm glad he's gone, but I'll be honest... I wish he had been killed or killed himself. Alive, the Bush admin gets to parade him around like some kind of *cough* plastic turkey.

I also doubt that his capture will make a difference in the insurgent attacks. Look at the car bomb that killed 17 people today....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
His capture will just infuriate them even more and parading him around wont do much good either.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I dont think it will stop any of those attacks.
Remember Osama is still out thier aswell.
Deep

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Or if all the attacks are perpetrated by the mossad, or the secret service, the NSA, the cia, all our friends in the first place! They can also pay a bunch of islam dudes to do it, whatever it takes to keep the conflict going and give Bush a reason to wage war. If all attacks totally stopped and all iraqis were completely co-operative, we'd have instant PROBLEM because terrorism no longer is a threat, yet we're still "liberating" nations and defending our "great nation" from the "threat of terrorism". So they'd have to create a threat, which is most likely what they are doing. It's an old as time political agenda, create a fake threat, rally the people's nationalism feelings, wage war with full support of the nation against whomever you "claimed" was responsible. Read history, tons of governments have done this including yours truly, Hitler.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetlegend

hmmm. They took a DNA sample before it was announced that they have caught Saddam. So in conclusion, the real Saddam has been caught.

Err when did they say this?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think its really him. We have seen others that were supposed to be him, and obviously not. I think the US got him.

And I agree with greenkoolaid and flinx. He is going to end up living in a condo in the Hamptons after he shares what he knows.

And please don't say the US would never do that. We do it with mafia people that turn the "Godfathers" in. Set them up nice and cozy in Arizona.

[Edited on 12/15/03 by crayon]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

end up living in a condo.

[Edited on 12/15/03 by crayon]

He is already living in a condo somewhere.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I would think other countries would try suddam for war crimes. The U.S. may have captured him but that does not mean we control him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join