It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO photo of 2006 from Poland - has this been debunked?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
You certainly have to take the witness(es) testimony into account when evaluating the credibility of the photos.

I will.

Originally posted by ArMaP
The lack of footprints it's completely irrelevant because there are no two photos taken on the same place showing the ground, and only if the object was thrown vertically the place of the throw would be visible in the same photo as the "UFO".

This is assuming that with each throw they got the shot exactly right. Even a couple a bad takes and you would either see debris or footprints in the field.
To make the photos they had a 360º field of view available. From that not even 180º was used, and even 180º gives plenty of room to some mistakes or accidents.

In fact, one of the things I find strange is the fact that all the photos were taken in a relatively small area, when the "UFO" was supposed to be flying around the two cars.

The fact that they did not post the photos makes me doubt of their results, if they are really interested to show that this was not possible then they should show it.

I agree. Obviously Im playing the alien's advocate here primarily because most posters here have dismissed this case purely on first sight of the object resembling some household items, yet there are many other factors that make this case a mystery to me.
If they had posted the photos we could know, for example, if it was possible to throw the bowls to the height I think the "UFO" is, 1 or 1.5 metres over the top of the poles (no pun intended
)

Now, about the witness testimony.

There isn't much to say, he looks like he is avoiding talking about the "UFO", focusing more on the fact that there are many accidents in that area. Why he does that I don't know, it could because he was really scared about the place and didn't give much attention to the "UFO", it could be because the "UFO" scared him more than he wants to say or it could be because he knows that it was not a real "UFO" and the less he speaks about it the less chances other people have of catching him.

The fact that the investigators found him credible and "not capable of lying" makes me think that he may have been avoiding talking of the "UFO" because he knows it was a joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

There isn't much to say, he looks like he is avoiding talking about the "UFO", focusing more on the fact that there are many accidents in that area. Why he does that I don't know, it could because he was really scared about the place and didn't give much attention to the "UFO", it could be because the "UFO" scared him more than he wants to say or it could be because he knows that it was not a real "UFO" and the less he speaks about it the less chances other people have of catching him.

Yes this was odd to me too but I just took it as him being of the Old World and very superstitious.

The fact that the investigators found him credible and "not capable of lying" makes me think that he may have been avoiding talking of the "UFO" because he knows it was a joke.

But if he was "not capable of lying" then he wouldn't probably even participate in a hoax?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But if he was "not capable of lying" then he wouldn't probably even participate in a hoax?

He was driving his friend home, he may be a victim of the circunstances, maybe his friend, who didn't wanted to talk to the investigators, is the real person behind the hoax, if it is an hoax.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Pretty good report thorough compared to most. The man having a sense there may have been a much larger craft above the the two vehicles and the hint other traffic was still moving got my attention.

I would like to have seen a road map of exactly where this occurred and learn more about the reported deaths in that area. And as another mentioned above, why did the camera work in the same place, at the same time, two vehicles lost all power. Though I have not checked, I would assume the camera was not fully manual and not requiring batteries.

As for the photo's I don't discount authenticity, but that's based more on the detail of the report. The mention of the car starting on it's own though I have heard that before in another encounter report, it still kind sits funny with me.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this might be interesting - stumbled across this comparison video of a ufo sighting in Indiana in October 2006

doesn't look exactly like it but could be??

Originally posted by Dallas
Pretty good report thorough compared to most.

I thought so too contrary to what some poster have said. What was interesting is that these guys actually went to the exact spot and tested this out and could not replicate it. some have suggested that they never intended to disprove it but my only question is why?? they're not making any money off of this... no one is profiting from this.

To understand why the witness, Mr Maciej (Matthew) T., is credible, it is not enough to see his photographs. It is not even enough to listen to his story. One simply needs to get to know this man and see for oneself that we have not had an opportunity of meeting such a credible witness since the Emilcin events of 1978...

(further on)
This element of our stay in Zdany must have been the biggest surprise. We were preparing ourselves to take a series of photographs of salad bowls taped together and hovering in the sky which were being thrown by �ukasz Bartecki and Miko'aj Jastrz�bski. It turned out that it was a very difficult task, and to tell the truth the whole "throwing up experiment" was one big streak of disasters. This issue will come up later, but let us try to arrange our conclusions
quoted from UFOINFO by Wojciech Bobilewicz and Nautilus Foundation

[edit on 26-1-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

some have suggested that they never intended to disprove it but my only question is why?? they're not making any money off of this... no one is profiting from this.

I think they never really intended to disprove not because they are dishonest or because they may have something to gain but because they are too eager to proof that this was a real 2 metres "UFO" flying around two stopped cars in a road.

I try to be as fair as I can when analyzing any thing, but because I know that it is difficult to be really fair when dealing with things that we believe in and that are attacked by others I usually try to be a little unfair against my own opinions to try to compensate the natural bias in favour of what I believe. What I think is that those investigators not only did take care not to be influenced by their opinions, they even allowed their opinions to influence their analysis without showing that problem by being biased against the possibility of that not being a real UFO.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Excellent vid kronos11
Sure looks similar to me and taken thousands of miles away from where the Poland pics were taken.

I'm really interested in learning more about the area and deaths which have occurred there.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I'm really interested in learning more about the area and deaths which have occurred there.

If I interpreted the witness report right, this is the area where it happened, whatever it was.

That green area in the middle looks like those trees that can be seen in the distance in the "UFO" photos, so I suppose this is the right place.

About this being a place where many accidents happen, I couldn't find anything about it. Maybe some Polish sites have that information, but I cannot read Polish.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the Map, ArMap
Found seven pages of stuff I'm about to read including more pics after this post, ie

www.anomalia.org...

Edit: More info see second from bottom: nol2006archive.blogspot.com...

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think that after viewing the photos, I would have to agree with the "Salad bowl" hypothesis. The discussion point of electromagnetic interference with the vehicles, but not the camera, also raises the question of someone taking some interesting photos, just not of a UFO. Maybe they used some kind of RC aircraft parts/control mechanism to make the object to appear as if it was flying, rather than throwing the object for each photo. Just my opinion and thoughts.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The camera working has me wondering too. But it has me wondering as to whether the ignition and lights not working in the car was due to some effect on some part of the vehicle electrical system not found in a camera?

Perhap's a lead/acid car engine battery of 12 volts is effected where a Dry Ni Cad or Lithium 3 volt Camera Battery isn't. Been doing a bit of research lately on ELF (10 Hertz or lower) and it's potential to penetrate materials such as metal as well as water and humans.
I mention it as EM electromagnetism may not be the culprit re radio interference and ignition and electrical failure during a CE3.., but I'm far from finishing the research to be able to say more or post a thread on it yet.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What I think is that those investigators not only did take care not to be influenced by their opinions, they even allowed their opinions to influence their analysis without showing that problem by being biased against the possibility of that not being a real UFO.

I guess most of the guys were real certain that they would have been able to replicate it easily but they couldn't. Their tests were fairly thorough considering many other investigations IMO.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Don't know but I found another one supossedly taken
in Shoshone, CA on July 3, 1982. How many do we have ?

i75.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Don't know but I found another one supossedly taken
in Shoshone, CA on July 3, 1982. How many do we have ?

i75.photobucket.com...

that makes four sets of salad bowl and duct tape? who in the heck could be so stupid to throw these thing up, snap a pic and call it a UFO??? retards.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Has anyone been able to replicate the SS mixing bowl theory ? It's definitely real we're just torn on it's origin

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A pot.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kronos11
Yah - they blew my doors as well... but im super curious to know if they have been analyzed well. Check the analysis I linked to. Its a bit lengthy and detailed - but they did a thorough of the digitial shots and the only way it could have been faked was if the guys had actually thrown up some solid object and photographed it but the results of their tests showed that it was next to impossible to get such clear images in such rapid succession (digital images for coded and time-stamped).

So the people taking the photographs couldn't possibly have used an Exif editor like PhotoME to change the metadata?

www.photome.de...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My reply?

*SHRUG*

It is what it is. It may be a hoax, maybe not. What difference does it make? Does it in any way increase our understanding of UFOs? What new information does it give us? Something flying/floating around. We already know that occasionally happens.

So what? Is it a hoax? Is it military? Is it aliens?

*SHRUG*

edit on 2-5-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think its real because: It is a classic UFO design, Saturn-type, metallic, rotational symmetry.
Faked models tend to look like faked models.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X
Most ufos have some plane of rotational symmetry normally on the z or y axis interestingly.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join