It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Survives 300 Foot Fall...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
After a night of drinking, according to the following report, the victim and friends were returning from drinking, and when the elevator door opened on the 17th floor, the victim ran down a short hallway ending near a floor to ceiling window, where he lost his balance and crashed through the glass, falling 17 floors, and luckily landed on a lower rooftop overhang.

A 17 floor fall, is more than enough to reach "terminal velocity" yet he survived with some broken bones and other injuries.

USAtoday.com Article link

With that kind of luck, this guy should have skipped the night of drinking, instead spent the time buying lottery tickets, for every lottery there is.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
not sure if true, but if it was he is very lucky. man he must be on a high now, what with being alive and all.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, if true, that only shows that the Portuguese are right.

We have a saying that translated is something like:

"God puts his hand under the infant and the drunkard"

The original version:
"Ao menino e ao borracho põe Deus a mão por baixo"

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It just reminds me that after you reach terminal velocity it doesn't matter how high you get. I wonder how high you have to be before it doesn't matter .... I have heard of a few sky divers surviving their shoots not opening....it's because of that terminal velocity thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
We have a saying that translated is something like:

"God puts his hand under the infant and the drunkard"

I have got to save that quote. Thanks.

It seems in this case it was indeed nothing more than an accident...

WashingtonTimes.com Article Link

Though saved by the 2nd floor overhang, and being Alive!! he is still in "serious" condition in hospital.

All I can really add is Lucky Bastard!!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm a little skeptical of that 300 ft. figure. Each story would have to be about eighteen feet for that to be accurate. Either way it's pretty miraculous.

I remember a number of years ago that some guy in New Orleans for Mardi Gras came back to his hotel room drunk and decided to jump up and down on his bed. He lost his balance and fell through a window to his death. His fall was only about six stories, if memory serves.

[edit on 2007/1/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

top topics

join