It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the meaning of: You are immortal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The sword cannot slay you!

why are you immortal, for you are light, what you are is light!

This light cannot be killed, it is everlasting.

You, what you truly are, is not your body, when your body dies, what is left of you is light, and this is what you truly are, my children.

This is your true self, immortal, everlasting.

greets,

ether

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So is light aware of itself?

It doesn't last forever, it gets absorbed when it hits something solid.

What light do you mean?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
please explain in more detail for I can not fully understand

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
So is light aware of itself?

It doesn't last forever, it gets absorbed when it hits something solid.

What light do you mean?

You are talking about the light from the sun, and the frequencies of light you are able to see with your eyes.

But this light I mean is higher in frequency, I mean the light of the soul.

It is like Jesus tought us, he said I am the light, He knew that in reality he was not his physical body, he just used it to function in this material world.
What he understood, what he knew is, that in reality! he truly Light is, this being of a higher sphere.

That's the wisdom I tried to explain here.

But now I'm starting to wonder, is this light truly immortal. Maybe a question for menguard. I'll ask him for his insight.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
did you know light exists outside of time? Since light is traveling at the speed of light and if you travel at the speed of light time would stop, it is all omi....

Can be everywhere at once, cannot be destoyed and all knowing as a result of those traits. Just what i heard from a speak on CTC

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What it means IS....

What is elludes to..

its directing you to truth..

that you are THOUGHT... and its evident that thought is immortal, as long as there are humans, or beings who are conscious of their thoughts.

now... with this knowledge and other knowledge about brain chemistry and the power of thought... what are you going to do? celebrate your birthday and consciously age yourself? .... or are you going to slander your physical counter-part (your body) to its death? ..

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think you are confusing immortal with eternal. Your body is mortal and if you can get this body to function forever you would then be immortal. If the body dies than it was a mortal body.

The soul on the other hand is eternal. It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

that you are THOUGHT... as long as there are humans, or beings who are conscious of their thoughts.

But when you are able to observe your thoughts, it means that these thoughts are not yourself, because you can observe them.

you can say you own these thoughts, for you observe them. But I even think this is false, to say you own them.

What is the observing? is it the soul?

hard questions to ponder about.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I think you are confusing immortal with eternal.

the soul is timeless, exists only now. To say it is eternal you use the concept of time. Immortal would be more accurate.

Or maybe the eternal can be seen as the forever, the now.

good point. thx for the insight.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I believe that when one dies they simply cease to exist, and return to the nothingness from where we were created from.

I find this a comforting thought. I'm not lacking in faith or belief just realise my true essence within this Universe.

Where this nothingness takes one I'm not sure

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
While we`re pondering on where youre going when you die, we should also ask ourselves, where were you before you were born?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

that you are THOUGHT... as long as there are humans, or beings who are conscious of their thoughts.

But when you are able to observe your thoughts, it means that these thoughts are not yourself, because you can observe them.

you can say you own these thoughts, for you observe them. But I even think this is false, to say you own them.

What is the observing? is it the soul?

hard questions to ponder about.

THOUGHT is in a THINKING body... The THINKING body knows its lucky and has THOUGHT with it so it organises itself in such a way that it displays the information in one place (the brain) and THOUGHT observes and rearranges the information....
If I had animators and people to draw my ideas I could explain this much easier..

join