It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Stream stopped for 8 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
L3X

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
11 December : rads.tudelft.nl...
19 December : rads.tudelft.nl...
Normal Pattern: rads.tudelft.nl...

From 11 to 19 December according to Mr.Abdusamatov there was the stoppage of the Gulf Stream
Source: www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Any news on this event?

Supporting Doctor Scientist Abdusamatov’s research was the virtually unreported in the West stoppage of the Gulf Stream waters of the Atlantic Ocean on December 11th, and which lasted for 8 days ending on December 19th, and which saw this massive ocean current turn ‘suddenly’ to the South from its normal pattern towards Northern European waters.
These reports further detail that should the Gulf Stream waters cease flowing to Europe altogether a catastrophic situation would overtake the Continent causing massive crop failures and the mass migrations of Europeans to the Southern Nations of the European Union

[edit on 21-1-2007 by L3X]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Edit that........GULF stream> GULF not GOLF/ I make mistakes all the time on here too. Good luck! By the way I like your post

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Absolutely wild!.........Where ? That is hard to believe. Where did you find that information? Amazing if true!

L3X

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Absolutely wild!.........Where ? That is hard to believe. Where did you find that information? Amazing if true!

This is the source: www.whatdoesitmean.com...
I wonder...if there is another source or the screens in the first post can prove it without any doubt

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
would not be to sure this happened, the effects were not that bad.

though i was interested that they claimed the unusually weather came from a big solar flare hitting the earth, thats something we should talk about on this board, i doubt the curretns stopped altogether, more likely due to the sunspot.

though i do find it funny, that with the CA thing, and the ice, that people are just saying it was normal weather.

the solar flare thing is interesting, and supposedly our planet is taking in more energy now, than for a long time.

like i said, not sure the currents stopped though.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by andy1033]

L3X

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
would not be to sure this happened, the effects were not that bad.

though i was interested that they claimed the unusually weather came from a big solar flare hitting the earth, thats something we should talk about on this board, i doubt the curretns stopped altogether, more likely due to the sunspot.

though i do find it funny, that with the CA thing, and the ice, that people are just saying it was normal weather.

the solar flare thing is interesting, and supposedly our planet is taking in more energy now, than for a long time.

like i said, not sure the currents stopped though.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by andy1033]

But all these events are also connected with the tsunami shockwave occured on 13th December?
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
but all weather syaytems are connected on earth, its a domino effect, but i find the solar flare thing interesting, supposedly our planet is taking in more energy today than, whenever.

i thought they called them sunspots, but nevermind, you get my drift, it was predicted that there was going to be a big amount of energy coming our way, over the last few weeks.

i just wonder what long term effects these massive sunspots have on our planet, and what happens, if they die down again, like the above article says. not sure if what he claimed is true, but highly likely all this was due to the sunspot or whatever you call it.

i wonder how it effects other planets in our system, does anyone know if it effect jupiter in a big way, also.

L3X

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
but all weather syaytems are connected on earth, its a domino effect, but i find the solar flare thing interesting, supposedly our planet is taking in more energy today than, whenever.

i thought they called them sunspots, but nevermind, you get my drift, it was predicted that there was going to be a big amount of energy coming our way, over the last few weeks.

i just wonder what long term effects these massive sunspots have on our planet, and what happens, if they die down again, like the above article says. not sure if what he claimed is true, but highly likely all this was due to the sunspot or whatever you call it.

i wonder how it effects other planets in our system, does anyone know if it effect jupiter in a big way, also.

or the recent find of the water on mars could be also connected with this

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
would be intersting, if this was the cause of something like that. but did another big happen on jupiter, or does jupiters weather is so bad they do not notice.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by L3X
This is the source: www.whatdoesitmean.com...
I wonder...if there is another source or the screens in the first post can prove it without any doubt

Those images are THE source of data when it comes to the gulf stream velocity. I have followed that site for many years. Remember in 2004 (November) there was a stoppage for 10 days. This isn't good news. Interesting that about a month after this happened Europe got blasted by a historic storm system.

For those who haven't seen it I have preserved the satellite loop.

www.climatepatrol.com...

This was an incredible storm system.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
there was a little piece on this on the Unknown Country Website..

www.unknowncountry.com...

but where he got the info from, I don't know.

the storm in Europe was interesting, wasn't, with it's hurricane force winds and all.
I didn't really notice this storm until a day or so after it hit. anyone know, just how much resemblance did it have to a hurricane? I mean, the gulf streams stops, the warm waters in the south are stuck there, just getting warmer and warmer, building energy up, then the stream suddenly turns back on and.....could it have shot a massive hurricane europe's way?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
there was a little piece on this on the Unknown Country Website..

www.unknowncountry.com...

but where he got the info from, I don't know.

the storm in Europe was interesting, wasn't, with it's hurricane force winds and all.
I didn't really notice this storm until a day or so after it hit. anyone know, just how much resemblance did it have to a hurricane? I mean, the gulf streams stops, the warm waters in the south are stuck there, just getting warmer and warmer, building energy up, then the stream suddenly turns back on and.....could it have shot a massive hurricane europe's way?

I should ignore that, clearly written by someone who knows less about meteorology than I do about the mating habits of the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal. He doesn't even know what a hurricane is!

It was a normal storm with quite normal wind speeds (indeed we had a storm with stronger winds in the UK only the week before) that just happened to be caught by the jet stream and so carried quickly eastwards. It's progress was entirely down to the current position of the jet.

As for the Gulf Stream - if only it had switched off! Then we wouldn't have such warm waters between here and Iceland or indeed all round the UK shores to warm up any polar air that comes our way.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"clearly written by someone who knows less about meteorology than I do about the mating habits of the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal."

----------------------------------------------------------
my aren't we uppity today....

a hurricane, a tropical low pressure with winds exceeding 100 or so mph....

and extremely low low pressure.

so, you saying that is wasn't a low pressure? or that europe commonly gets winds over 100mph?

I'll admit, I don't know much about meteorology, and I have already admitted that I know less about this particular storm....this is why I ASKED THE QUESTION...could it have sent a hurricane europe's way??

since I asked the question, I imagine I don't really think I'm a pro at weather forcasting and such, don't ya think, einstien?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by L3X
or the recent find of the water on mars could be also connected with this

That was an extreamly astute thing to say.

Nice one

Very relevant indeed. What ever happened to the thread about Global warming happening across our entire solar system?

The sun is doing some very unusual things, Who knows what the implications are. There are way too many variables to measure.

One thing that comes to my mind in all this is, what if the sun is reacting to some unknown and unseen force or particle. After all the solar system is travelling around our galaxy and the regions os space it travels through are uncharted.

One thing is for certain... there really is nothing we could do about anything that happens concerning the sun. If the sun throws a wobbly then we just have to some how adapt.

Adapt or leave.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Remember in 2004 (November) there was a stoppage for 10 days. This isn't good news. Interesting that about a month after this happened Europe got blasted by a historic storm system.

This was an incredible storm system.

I was about to mention that Indy! Not to mention not only was it equally as unreported as this one but the historic dec. 2004 tsunami struck almost exactly a month following.

Humans ability to conveniently compartmentalize certain systems as either more important or more related than others is why, IMO, we dont have a full grasp on Earth as a living system in it's entirety.

How the sun's solar anamolies, GHG (of which is 95% water vapor; CO2 is NOT our enemy), magma movement with an emphasis on undersea vocanism (if whats below is getting superheated, what do you think is happening to the heated water as it rises to the surface?), normal tectonic plate movement, the thermohaline current....SO many factors that HAVE to work together to keep our environment suitable for existence.

Our current temperate climate surely is not the "norm" but an anamoly itself given the above...perhaps the Earth IS returning to normal now and we're just "lucky" enough to witness it.

AB1

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

my aren't we uppity today....

a hurricane, a tropical low pressure with winds exceeding 100 or so mph....

and extremely low low pressure.

so, you saying that is wasn't a low pressure? or that europe commonly gets winds over 100mph?

I'm saying it wasn't a tropical cyclone and it didn't have a wall eye. Just because a low pressure system produces winds gusting in excess of 100mph does not make it a tropical cyclone. Such winds, in fact, are quite normal in winter - indeed in the UK similar storms have produced winds up to 146mph (Feb 1989); we would expect to see 100mph+ winds several times a year.

Tropical cyclones - known as hurricanes in the Caribbean - form in different ways and have different features to extra tropical cyclone which occur extremely frequently in high latitudes.

I accept many people may not appreciate the difference (why should they?) but I would have expected Whitley Streiber (or whoever wrote the piece on his website) to check his facts before spouting out a load of nonsense.

Other than being driven quickly eastwards by the jet stream it was a pretty inconsequential (from a meteorological perspective) storm. Which, of course, does not detract from the tragic consequences it produced.

As mentioned before - the storm which hit Britain the previous week was actually stronger!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
the idea I mentioned above (about the hurricane) didn't come from striber's site, it was my own idea.

if the gulf stream stopped, the warm waters of the tropics would just sit there, and wouldn't flow north (and be cooled), it would increase the possiblity of hurricanes.

by the way, I think I've seen hurricanes without strong eyes....will check to make sure, but I believe so...

but like I said, never professed to be an expert, so guess I'll go and enjoy the lovely day off of work that mother nature has created for me...

ice and snow=no work!!
feel like a kid with a snowday!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I found some more information about Mr.Abdusamatov Theories.

en.rian.ru...

It seems that Mr. Abdusamatov theories are bases on a similar clima event a few centuries ago.

Abdusamatov compares the imminent reduction of temperatures with Maunder's minimum of solar activity registered in 1645-1715 (named so in honour of the English astronomer of the 19th century, Walter Maunder),

Khabibullo Abdusamatov also explained the structure of solar activity cycles that last for 11 and 100 years. The scientist said that 11-year cycles do not affect the Earth's climate. Eighty-year cycles do not have much influence either, although 200-year cycles are much more powerful.
english.pravda.ru...

He may be unto something.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
andy

mmm your a weather expert and you are stating that the recent storm in Britain was entirely normal?

besides your own research please show me who else has stated this?

It was the worst "storm" to hit Britain for over 17 years. It therefore had and has been proven to have had the tightest packed isobars over the UK for many years.

No one is stating it is a Hurricane, or a cyclone or tornado just the worst storm for nearly 2 decades, and IMHO I don’t think you can call that normal.

In addition you stated that you believed the gulf stream didn’t stop, and it would be a good thing if it did? do you have access to different measuring systems and data than the rest of the world?

Also Andy what is your take on Torros research showing that the tornado's in the UK have doubled in numbers over the last two years is this normal too for a country with the highest number of tornados per square Mile than anywhere else on earth to include Tornado Alley, is this normal too?

Is the lack of snow on the highlands of Scotland’s and the currently closing ski resorts as a result of normal weather?

For someone who seems to know this subject to be in charge of an organisation that says it watches the weather you seem to have very very strange views on this. I would keep the name to weather watch and not weather data or research.

Nothing personal just some truth.

ps for all others the long term affects of a complete lack of a gulf stream is more than scary in its effects as this leaves only 3-4 cycles all interlinked in the world that affect all the worlds climates, not just the disastrous affects on the UK and Europe.

Kind Regards
Elf

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the idea I mentioned above (about the hurricane) didn't come from striber's site, it was my own idea.

Dawn,

Most likely (although youre right about additional warm waters fueling and adding moisture to a cyclonic event) the upper level wind shear would have ripped apart any attempt at the formation of what we in the states would have viewed as a hurricane. So basically with or without greatly warmed waters and extremely low pressure system on the move and in place; with mid and upper level shear, it would have ripped the top off of any chances and made the formation of a hurricane perse, almost impossible.

AB1

top topics

<<   2 >>

join