It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Syndrome

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
First of all, let me say it's been a while since I've posted anything on ATS. Recently I got back to browsing it after sorting out some problems I'd been dragging along, but up to today I've not been able to muster the will to make a post. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, something has risen that almost forces me to post it for my own good. Due to me recently (In the last year of so) experiencing a spiritual awakening, a Kundalini Rising, I’ve developed a Kundalini Syndrome.

A Kundalini Syndrome is like a Kundalini Awakening, only spun out of control with not so fun side effects. You should know that Kundalini Syndrome is caused by an excessive and uncontrolled spiritual awakening, a Kundalini Rising gotten out of hand. It can also be sparked by an experience that got you into contact with death. My recent discoveries about spiritual matters, life, conspiracy, all thanks to ATS, provided the perfect ground for starting my Kundalini Rising, which I think also started before I even learned about ATS.

The problem is that I ignored it, and before I knew it it spun out of control. When I stumbled upon a web page about the Kundalini Syndrome by "chance", I had one of the biggest shocks of my life. I was experiencing absolutely ALL of its symptoms. It was a relief and a curse at the same time; I was beginning to think I had a serious medical condition. I’m not stupid so I went and had a check up, it came up clean. I extracted this from wikipedia, it’s a list of symptoms caused by the Kundalini Syndrome, I suggest you check out the page if you want to learn more about it (en.wikipedia.org...).

Interdisciplinary dialogues within the mentioned schools of psychology have now established some common criteria that describe this condition, of which the most prominent feature is a feeling of energy traveling along the spine, or progressing upwards in the body. Motor symptoms may include tremors, other spontaneous or involuntary body movements and changes in the functioning of the respiratory system.
Sensory symptoms may include subjective changes in thermoregulation (feelings of heat or cold), a feeling of electricity in the body, Persistent Sexual Arousal, headache and pressure inside of the head, tingling, vibrations and gastrointestinal problems. Cognitive and affective symptoms are said to include psychological upheaval, stress, depression, depersonalization, intense mood-swings, but also moments of bliss, deep peace and other altered states of consciousness.

This literally rocked my world. I began experiencing all those symptoms, and it’s impossible for it to be self induced psychologically, as I didn’t know about the Kundalini Syndrome when I began having them. I consider myself a skeptical; I only resort to paranormal explanations when all the mundane and probable explanations are discarded. In this case I’ve got solid proof of Kundalini Syndrome. This was a incredible experience for me, because it rekindled my faith in a higher existence and the paranormal.

On the other side of the coin it’s effects, both somatic and mental, are literally driving me mad. Sometimes the symptoms are almost excruciating, and the worse part is me thinking I have a serious medical condition, but then I reflect on everything I've seen and learned, all the facts, and I believe. I still went to get a checkup though, not risking my life for spiritual balance. So, as I delved deeper into my condition, I began seeing some links between certain events and the start of the Kundalini Syndrome, within them the death of my dog.

(Continued Below)

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A few months after his death I started to have a type of “Anxiety Attacks”, from sever headaches and strange sensations in the heart area. I went to a Psychiatrist who said it was due to my dog's death; of course he couldn't have in mind all the real details, since if I told him anything about the Kundalini or ATS, or Spiritual Awakening, especially in front of my parents, I'd probably be locked up in an Asylum at the moment. Anyways, as I said, I had and still have absolutely all the symptoms. It's really surreal, and horrible, but enlightening at the same time.

Strangely I have something coming back to me. When I was younger I was extremely empathetic. I could feel peoples and places auras with extreme realism. I could literally feel them, just as I can smell the fragrance of pines, I could feel the aura of the forest. They were so beautiful, so tangible... Sadly that dimmed away with the years, but recently it's coming back. I believe it's a result of my Kundalini Rising, but I fear it will spin out of control again. Almost all the resources I've consulted say that Kundalini Syndrome is a Spiritual Emergency and if not controlled can have some dire consequences. Others say it will go away on its own.

That’s where I need your help fellow ATS’ers. I really need information on the Kundalini Syndrome and how to cure it. I really want this part of my life to be over. I know some of you are extremely informed on these matters, and I’m sure you’ll be able to help me. At least this has shown me that there really IS something else out there. I hope you’re able to help me, thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Have you tried Kundalini Yoga? It's a wonderful spiritual/physical practice. If you live in a large city, there may be a center there for you, but if not, they have books and tapes. It is yoga, but it also helps the kundalini develop so that you don't have these side effects. Your teacher would be able to help you with this.

Look in your phone book under "3H" Health, Harmony and Happiness? (can't remember)

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
P.S. - Just googled "kundalini yoga" - apparently now there are several groups giving lessons. The one I am familiar with and have worked with is sponsored by the 3H group (as mentioned above) and they have teachers all over the country. They're a good group with good folks. who are highly trained teachers.
URL:
kundaliniyoga.com

there is also kundaliniyoga.org that offers free online lessons for beginners, don't know if it's the same or different group. You will probably have more luck with eastern practices rather than western, the west just doesn't get it about kundalini and they don't have a way to help with your situation.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, first of all, please understand that it is just a label. I really hate labels. It makes it sound like you have a disease or something.

I think the biggest misconception of "gifts" is that most people think that people tend to think of them like a nose, you either have one or you dont. That is not the case at all. It is like learning how to use your legs. First you realize that you can actually make them do what you want them to do. Then after a lot of hard work and determination, you are walking, then you reach another level where you are off running, then jumping, riding a bike, etc.

Well, it's the same with "gifts". You noticed you were empathetic as a child. What you are going through now is the next level. First you noticed and accepted that you were empathetic. You probably asked yourself why, or what good is it. Now you are onto the next level (learining to walk), and yes this one will drive you mad at times until you get the hang of it. You need to study your ailments mental, or physical and then study your surroundings. You will soon notice that it is comming from someone else. Then you will notice something more. When you take on the ailments, that person is relieved of them . When you figure out who it belongs to, it goes back to that person.

Most people were taught how to deal with pain by focusing it outside their body. People quickly learn that it works with emotional pain as well. When they do that, that energy comes to people like you and me. Next step is learning how to purify that energy before sending it back to them.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thats the good thing about the internet, you can now talk to others, but a few years back we never had this resource.

but your right these things can be overwelming if you do not know whats happening to you.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
such a 'personal diary' kind of OP,

one thing i noticed, except for your companion canine, who sadly died,
you did not point out any emotional or social interaction with others
(aka 'Grounding')

awareness & self awareness, our increasing experience of
'realizations' & raised consciousness (sorry for all the cliche')
can explode within us, like the Big-Bang model did in the void,
but the seeming chaos & magnitude of our outer & inner universes
are not as confusing or overwhelming as it appears

among the many things that might be useful are
Grounding, Time, Energy release (art, music, yoga & exercises, telling or writing stories, etc)...
heck, even getting deeper into the philosophical aspects of Kundalini,
call it a Total Immersion,
may be the method for you to 'perceive' a less rugged path, for You.

decisions, decisions,....

?to take the well manicured, fern bordered, and rose petaled path?
or ?
to take the pebble strewn, undulating and less traveled walkway?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Azure Twilight, all of these are good ideas just please be careful and mindful of what you are expiriencing. Pay close attention to yourself (more unusual/ uncomfortable feelings, emotions, sensations) I know someone that went through something similar, it ended badly. Out of respect for this individual I won't go into too much info but long story short he had an intence psychotic episode and was never the same since. All I can say is please be careful. I don't want to scare you at all, it is not my intention.

-Ana

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Forestlady, thanks for the advice. Once I realized I had Kundalini Syndrome I thought the most logical way to channel it would be Kundalini Yoga. I haven't gotten around to trying it but I'll make sure I do.

mrsdudara, thanks for the advice. It is true that focusing the energy outside the body to purify it is a good idea. Curiously enough, this is what I've been doing recently to cleanse my Chakras, with the aid of quartz crystals. And it has had good, very good results up to now. I will probably continue with it along with Kundalini Yoga. And about my Empathy, well, the problem is that I "Stopped" listening to it a while ago, and now I'm becoming re-accustomed to hearing it's voice. If all goes well I'll be able to feel the auras again. I really missed them, they really added something special to life.

St Udio, sorry if it looks like a personal diary, but I thought he more details you guys had the more things you could reflect on to base your final conclusion on, thus giving me better advice
. I'm not quite sure what you mean about "Grounding", but my social interactions with people were normal, I didn't really sense any difference except the symptoms of Kundalini Syndrome would always come just before I met with a friend, and go away once I actually arrived. And yes, I agree, although it is our duty to deny ignorance, sometimes to much knowledge and realizations can really unnerve you. And thanks for the suggestions, I consider myself a good writer, and I think it's time I acted upon that quality on mine, hopefully you'll see more from me on ATS, and who knows, I may even post a story in the Collaborative Fiction section
. Not sure what you mean by choosing between the well manicured path or the pebble strewn one though.

Anesthesia, thanks for your concern, and I think I understand what happened to your friend, since it almost happened to me when i woke up one day. I woke up completely confused, feeling strange, thinking strangely. Be it by coincidence or not, when I went into prayer and meditated, it went away. I'll be careful, I promise, as long as I'm extra careful nothing to bad should happen. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll let you know if anything else interesting happens, again, thanks.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Azure Twilight]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kundalini IS the snake...and the snake can bite or it can bring life. When we encounter the snake unknowingly and then it hurts us, we realize what it is and sometimes it causes us fear. The fear is the snake's poison but love is the elixir that turns the snake's death into immunity from death.

Fear not what is happening to you. Love yourself and your family and your friends. Do your best (with prayer) to ignore the snake and concentrate on Christ (the tree of life) and the snake will be overcome. You will know when you have a vision or a real experience with a rainbow. The rainbow is the message that the snake has become yours and that means life for you and purging of the snake's negative energy.

I've heard many people tell about their awful experiences as a consequence of waking the snake before it was ready. When that happens, fear leads to more internal war between snake and self and a truly vicious cycle ensues. Obviously you didn't knowingly try to hurry things up. Evidently it is your time and that is good. When the snake wakes up on its own it is a blessing and fear in yourself is the only way you can make things go wrong. There is no need to fear - the angel within you is the snake handler extraordinaire. But fear fights your angel and your angel needs your support and bravery to strengthen her sword.

There is an old saying you've probably heard before and it applies even more so to kundalini than to a regular diamondback rattler: You knew it was a snake when you picked it up.

You didn't pick it up - you need not fear. Fear not, believe only. God is with you and love overcomes all.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Kundalini is the snake, isn't it? I used to feel that sucker moving around inside me, from the left side of my abdomen to somewhere along my upper spine. It just recently died, or went back through my root chakra to its own dimension. I believe that is a good thing. Like the Roxy Music song says, "Love is the Drug."

T'ain't no big thing to wait for the bell to ring
T'ain't no big thing the toll of the bell
Love is the Drug

Is the Kundalini Snake also what Christ referred to when he spoke of those whose "worm dieth not"?

Mark 9

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

I believe it very well may be.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i remember when i had some experiences to, but mostly gone now, i never fully embraced it becuase i never wanted it in the first place.

it certainly makes you look at things differently, sometimes useful and sometimes not.

one thing, when i see the christian faith against these things i can understand, becasue if you are new to it, and lack the will or knowledge to undersatnd it, becasue you have not researched it, it can be overwelming. if you choose to go into it, than it is another matter, but if you never fully embrace it, it can be in sopme ways a pain in the arse.

don't get me wrong, it has helped me in some aspects of my life, but being right about certain things, brought me alot of trouble in many ways.

all i say, if you want this sort of stuff, embrace it fully and read up on the subject. if you do not embrace it, it can be a pain in the arse like i said earlier.

but hey its a human experience, and a strange one, which many would never understand, at least those opening up today can benefit from things like this board, but beware, you could get more than you bargained for. remember i never really asked for this sort of stuff that happened, but i am greatful in many ways it did happen, although many times it was a pain in the arse.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
once upon a time, I had meditated with an extrordinary group of people and learned many things about our perception, spiritual life, the magic in our minds and spirit working through us and much more.

On my own In meditation ,every time I meditated one of the serpents would rise before I entered the 5 th dimension and experienced obe..

I have been told and also read that there are 7 of these and it is very rare,even amongst tibetan monks etc,who practice daily most of thier lives to awaken all of them..

I stopped meditatating in posture and just found myself just trying to be in the here and now and controling/managing the chatter in our minds and the kundulini rising went away and around that time,I questioned a spiritual guide about kundulini and she had told me that she asked what would it be like to feel like god...soon there after she had all of them rise and all of her chakras opened and she said she felt as if she was on fire and people around her got away quickly..she did not go into detail..other than be careful what you wish for..

again,I am not trying to persuade you...just some knowledge to share..
actuall the other day,I thought about meditating again on a vertical and astral project etc..just purchased charcoal burners for my incense resins..

happy trails..keep your intentions good...we are very powerful when we learn how to be...its not as complicated as we think

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
it can be more than a pain in the arse
I thought I was so enlightened at one time...I THOUGHT!
AND THEN THE CARPET WAS PULLED from under me and had to start all over..in different ways

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So how does one stop something like this ?
Can you somehow cut it off or block it ?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am just guessing at this one...perhaps..if experiencing this during meditation and you are using your middle eye...then maybe you should not focus on your middle eye for the first year and focus on your heart center instead...dont know...can anyone else help out here with some for sure knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Indeed!! The heart chakra - or better yet, forget the chakras and just love and accept/forgive/refuse to judge both yourself AND all others - regardless of what you or they have done. Letting go clears all the poisons and blockages from our bodies.

Meditation for the purpose of awakening the snake is dangerous - mediation should be for one purpose only - getting to know God. And loving other people should be done because after getting to know God a little, it becomes apparent that is what he desires from us.

Because when a person seeks to wake the snake in order to gain something - anything (even understanding) - it is rooted in the wrong motive (self/sin/gain) and will hurt when it bites.

When a person seeks 'the kingdom of God and his righteousness' which means seeking to be the same to both the 'good' and the 'evil' just like God is...and seeks to know God instead of what is gained by being next to God - then the snake wakes up when its time and is a healer rather than a killer.

Kundalini is the holy spirit - regardless of what many christians think about the snake...they forget the lesson of the snake in the Exodus as it relates to what Christ said in the NT:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
~John 3:13-15

The snake bit the people and they got sick. Moses killed the snake, put it on a stick and who ever looked at it got over their snake bite. NOT worship it as a god - but just look at it. Later that same snake had to be melted down and destroyed because the people had turned it into a god by worshiping it. Just like is done with Christ.

But way later on, Paul is bitten by a snake and it doesn't hurt him. The people then worship him as a god...and Paul didn't worship Christ but rather God.

The snake is made out to be a liar by men but that is not so - it is the dragon which lies - the snake was the smartest and was most 'subtil' which means able to reveal things - lay things bare in their naked truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
queenannie38,

In one post you say this:

Kundalini IS the snake...and the snake can bite or it can bring life. The fear is the snake's poison but love is the elixir that turns the snake's death into immunity from death.

In the next post you say this:

Kundalini is the holy spirit

The problem I have with your statements being the Holy Spirit is eternal and will never die. Kundalini is not the Holy Spirit, imo.

Moses usurped the blessings and promises of Joseph, passed down through Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh, and gave it to his brother Aaron in the form of the Levitical priesthood. That, however, is a story for another thread.

For me, first I had the Kundalini awakening, August 16, 2001. Scary and confusing. I almost got taken out on the way home that night. Then I was blessed with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit August 19, 2004. Two very separate, very distinct experiences. I didn't ask for the Kundalini, and wasn't involved in prayer or meditation at the time. I prayed to God and asked for peace, and I was blessed with the Holy Spirit, which answered all my questions and put all my fears to rest. I was deaf and blind, but now I can see and hear.

John 6:29b
This is the work of God, that ye believe on him who he hath sent.

and

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Christ promised the Holy Spirit would come. I am one of His witnesses.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
The problem I have with your statements being the Holy Spirit is eternal and will never die. Kundalini is not the Holy Spirit, imo.

But this is what you said:

Is the Kundalini Snake also what Christ referred to when he spoke of those whose "worm dieth not"?

Indeed it must be...but the fire doesn't destroy the soul but rather tempers it and makes it immune to death. Paul backs this up in 1 Corinthians 3:13-15.

If you think of the soul as the Phoenix bird it makes it clear. The Phoenix bird was probably what was meant by the word nowadays translated 'eagle' in the bible. The word is more akin to the idea of breath in the same way that 'living soul' is. The phoenix was the symbol of resurrection before Christ became such.

Moses usurped the blessings and promises of Joseph, passed down through Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh, and gave it to his brother Aaron in the form of the Levitical priesthood. That, however, is a story for another thread.

Did not God tell Moses to put the brazen snake upon the pole? And then Christ specifically referred to that later on.

Christ promised the Holy Spirit would come. I am one of His witnesses.

Yes the Holy Spirit does comfort and bring peace. But it doesn't give life - it is the promise for that life - when one turns away from the world. But remember the example of Jesus - he was baptized, the dove alighted UPON him; and then he was tested in the wilderness. When he returned the spirit was IN him.

Perhaps I should have said 'Holy Ghost.' I'm beginning to understand a subtle difference because of this discussion, and therefore I thank you for sharing - your words also revealed something to me in an earlier post today, too!

God bless you!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Oh queenannie,

You are so wonderfully knowledgeable on spiritual matters, I meant not so much to challenge you with my previous post as to ask clarification. I have received great enlightenment through your words, and my confusion at your equating the Kundalini with the Holy Ghost troubled me.

What you say about the brazen serpent is true, and Christ did refer to it in his teachings. I perceived the Kundalini as a problem for those whose "worm dieth not," not a blessing. The presence of the Holy Ghost living inside of me is the greatest blessing I have ever received. Love is truly the answer, and peace without fear is the ultimate goal.

the fire doesn't destroy the soul but rather tempers it and makes it immune to death.

This is certainly true. I also believe Christ is Almighty God, the doorway, and only through Him is this process possible.

Thank you for your measured response. May peace be always with you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join