It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Obelisk!! Clementine Hi Res image!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have a post which shows all kinds of buildings on moon long movie but worth the time so I will go ahead and post the link, on the thead there are many posts on the movie who have watched it and some from those who have not but just want to post there opinions without watching it so everyone has their own opinion, this video should be watched by all

Here's the thread to the link with video link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-1-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Virtual moon models created by Deanne Tucker, Intelligent Mechanisms Group, Code IC (NASA Ames).

Its not a photograph of the moon, not a radar image of the moon.....it is a virtual moon model. Not really the surface of the moon. Its data that's been massaged in order to produce what may be an exaggerated virtual model of the moon's surface.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What we are seeing is a computer generated image created from height field data. It is quite common with this data to have a spike.

It is just one point (hence the spike) with a crazy value.

I could be wrong, but that just looks familiar to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
God I've never seen such an ignorant thread, first it's a data spike it's a numerical value in error.

Second, what scale is this? That penacle would be thousands of feet high...

UGH.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
God I've never seen such an ignorant thread, first it's a data spike it's a numerical value in error.

UGH.

yeh man, was about to leave the same sort of comment.
its obviously a data spike.

and someone was saying it left a shadow ??? LOL

look up any other altitude model and you'll see the same thing.
infact i might go find one now

think of them more as a graph then a photo

[edit on 21/1/07 by lbennie]

[edit on 21/1/07 by lbennie]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
They aren't photos...at all.

They are graphs...they take values which make an image and correlate them to values representing elevation.

The shadow is there because the elevation is there because there's an error in the data.

It's obviously by orders of magnitude.

The shadow is present because the 3D rendering software accompanying most graphing programs automatically treats the error as if it's real, how would it know the difference.

Human reason is the difference between machines (which can spit toast in your face electrocute you in the bath tub and other ignorant things) and people...so exercsise some.

*EDIT* Changed altitude to elevation which is more accurate definition.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by FreiMaurer]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

UGH.

And I've never seen such an ignorant reply to a post. Give mike a break! If you read his op, he infers that it might be a data spike. We are all experts in different areas, not ALL areas. Which is the reason he posted the image to begin with. . . to get opinions on what the anomaly might be.

There was no need to get personal.

UGH indeed

[edit on 21-1-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

UGH.

Big words from someone apparently unable to even so much as spell the word 'pinnacle' correctly...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Here's another pic, an enlargement from the original 3D slab. The arrow points to the anomaly.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think it's a data point error. I've seen this kind of thing happen before when taking empircal measurements and then having a computer convert those measurements into a picture such as those posted.

For example, I once took voltage measurements across a circuit and computed the electric field at various locations on the plate. I ended up with two massive symmetrical spikes near the centre. It turned out to have been caused by a misreading, and when the computer did the math, it ended up dividing a number by a very small (erroneous) number and getting a huge number, and converting this into the massive spike.

Granted, this is the moon, not an electrical circuit, but if whatever device was used to come up with this picture screwed up once, then this is very typical of the kind of error that could result.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The second image isn't a real picture.

Take a look at it. It's a wireframe representation based on a pixelated image. They rotated the view from the original, so someone mapped it and stuck it into an animation program.

What you've found is a wireframe artifact (as at least one other person pointed out).

We don't know the true source data for this animation image, so making any conclusions about it is just bad speculation.

However, this one's not real.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A similar thread for this was going around last week.

This image is of another supposed moon monolith (courtesy of incunabula):

Moon Monolith

And see the original thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If only we had clearer pictures available

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
OK, what about this one? Do you notice that spire in the background? And the shadow it casts? Another so called photographic 'glitch'? This pic was taken by the Zond 3.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey guys,

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov... C1&PIXEL_TYPE=BIT8&PROJECTION=SIMPLE_CYLINDRICAL&STRETCH=AUTO&GRIDLINE_FREQUENCY=none&SCALE=kilometers%2Fpixel&RESOLUTION=0.1&LATBOX=18&LONBOX=2&LAT=1 1&LON=89

Is the same strip off the 2d colour one. There is a glowing pentagram at the bottom, you cant miss it!

More soon...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros
Hey guys,

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov... C1&PIXEL_TYPE=BIT8&PROJECTION=SIMPLE_CYLINDRICAL&STRETCH=AUTO&GRIDLINE_FREQUENCY=none&SCALE=kilometers%2Fpixel&RESOLUTION=0.1&LATBOX=18&LONBOX=2&LAT=1 1&LON=89

Is the same strip off the 2d colour one. There is a glowing pentagram at the bottom, you cant miss it!

More soon...

Yandros,
I'm not getting through. All I get on the page is the PDS MAP-A-PLANET Results Page and the arrows for zooming in/out etc. But no image!

So what's the problem here? How do I get the image??

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry mate, the link wrapped around and got cut off.

I've uploaded the image here:

All you need to do to get the orginal page is copy both lines of the link from my first post into the address bar instead of clicking the link.

The pentagon is right at the bottom of the strip in the orginal, but for some reason the image I downloaded is shifted down somewhat, so its in the upper half.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Yandros]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sorry mate, the link wrapped around and got cut off.

I've uploaded the image here:

Yandros, that strip is mind blowing!!
But unfortunately, it's a vertical photograph and not oblique. That means we'll not be able to see any spires or obelisks!

Thanx. I'm gonna work on it now and let's see what comes up. By the way, I'm not sure if this strip has been posted in Zorgon's Moon Pics thread and commented upon. The thread is as long as the Great Wall of China and that's maybe why I couldn't find it!!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yandros, that strip is mind blowing!!
But unfortunately, it's a vertical photograph and not oblique. That means we'll not be able to see any spires or obelisks!

Thanx. I'm gonna work on it now and let's see what comes up. By the way, I'm not sure if this strip has been posted in Zorgon's Moon Pics thread and commented upon. The thread is as long as the Great Wall of China and that's maybe why I couldn't find it!!

Cheers!

The strip has never been posted before to my knowledge. I found it by entering the long/lat from your 3d strip at the start of this thread into the map-a-planet site.

I realize this is a patchwork of photographs taken from a satellite, but if the obelisk is real and is intelligently built then there should be signs of civilization around it? Which is why I was surprised to find the pentagon glow crater.

And it really does have 5 sides, its so plainly obvious. I’ve never seen anything like it before in all the time I’ve spent looking at moon surface photos.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That's a data spike. Go play Microsoft Flight Simulator which uses the same type of data. You'll see spikes every once in awhile. Hell, in South Africa theres a spike that goes to 100 000feet.

EDIT: I am talking about the original picture.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The strip has never been posted before to my knowledge. I found it by entering the long/lat from your 3d strip at the start of this thread into the map-a-planet site.

If the obelisk is real and is intelligently built then there should be signs of civilization around it? Which is why I was surprised to find the pentagon glow crater.

And it really does have 5 sides, its so plainly obvious. I’ve never seen anything like it before in all the time I’ve spent looking at moon surface photos.

Yandros, I’ve enlarged the interesting parts and marked it. As you rightly contend, if the ‘tower’ or obelisk is real then there should be some signs of other constructs near it.

Have a look at the pics below. There’s something going on down there!! It seems it has 8 sides, not 5. Check it out!!

The Octagon

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

The Star Complex

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

Notice that there is another octagon within the fish shaped structure. But this may be a natural geological formation.

Cheers!!

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
That's a data spike. Go play Microsoft Flight Simulator which uses the same type of data. You'll see spikes every once in awhile.
PisTonZOR]

PisTon, MS Flight Sims are my favorite. If I'm not working or on ATS, that's where I am!!

Lol! I'm yet to see any data spikes on them. You probably need to change your video card!!

[edit on 25-1-2007 by mikesingh]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join