It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Obelisk!! Clementine Hi Res image!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ok guys, this knocked the eyeballs out of my sockets! Here’s the clearest pic in hi res taken by Clementine Spacecraft, that performed in 71 days the first multi-spectral systematic mapping of the Moon. The main instrumentation of clementine consists of six cameras : A-STAR, B-STAR , HIRES , UVVIS , LWIR , and NIR .

The image below has been generated from actual NASA Clementine data. To view the NASA VRML you need Netscape or IE with appropriate VRML plugins. You can then control the 3D image and ‘fly’ to the site for a closer inspection!!

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

Close up of the obelisk.
Source: Clementine.

Click Here or..

Just open the link below and click on the image for the VRML. You should get a 3D image which you can then adjust as per your requirement by running the mouse over it, like any other 3D imager. Also notice the shadow created by this 'tower'.

Link..

So what do you think? Is it a glitch or is it an actual ‘obelisk’ on the Moon?? And can a glitch cast a shadow?

Virtual moon models created by Deanne Tucker, Intelligent Mechanisms Group, Code IC (NASA Ames).

[edit on 21-1-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hey nice find! If this is a real 3d object, would there be any reasonable explanation for this to be a natural occurence?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I dont have photoshop on my comp, so I cant zoom in on the photos but did want to point out that there is another spire like object in the middle photo. Its off to the right of the photo in the distance.

One spire I'd say we were onto something, but since it looks like ther are TWO monoliths, there must be an imaging explaination for it. . .

Very nice find again though. . .

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
but did want to point out that there is another spire like object in the middle photo. Its off to the right of the photo in the distance.

The 2nd one you refer to is on the edge of the strip of the picture, so it is most likely part of a mountain or other terrian.

Further this is an amazing find, one plasible explination is the the primary source of the scan, there was an object that projected down, thus makine it apear to have stuff undernearth it, asuming that it was taken by sitalight from above.

Either way, this clearly is enough in the book of the rational man to warrent further investigation.

[edit on 1/21/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Awesome work!!

If the image is accurate (i.e. the structure it appears to display is what actually exists), I can`t imagine how that could form from some natural process. Is there any way to determine the dimensions of it?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagnerian21

Is there any way to determine the dimensions of it?

The second pic from Mike says at the bottom"lateral resolution:0.2km/pxl"

So at a rough guess by the size of the pixels it looks about 0.8km approx 800 meters for mine?

Good find Mike.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Got any more pics? I dont use IE or (even worse) Netscape so I cant view those VRMLs.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So what do you think? Is it a glitch or is it an actual ‘obelisk’ on the Moon?? And can a glitch cast a shadow?

I think its a "glitch", they (there are at least two) look like data spikes. And along with the spikes there are some holes, when the same thing happens but the values are lower than those of the surrounding area.

The shadow is created by the VRML viewer, what we are seeing is not a photo, its a 3D representation of the data gathered.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow, what a find if it is real!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Got any more pics? I dont use IE or (even worse) Netscape so I cant view those VRMLs.

You can use a stand-alone viewer.

I use this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I forgot to say one thing.

When showing altitude data in this way it is common to exaggerate the height to be easier to see the difference in height. I did not found anything about it in this case, but it is possible that this has been vertically stretched.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
When showing altitude data in this way it is common to exaggerate the height to be easier to see the difference in height. I did not found anything about it in this case, but it is possible that this has been vertically stretched.

ArMap, now why do you think it has been stretched vertically? To make it look like an 'anomaly' so we go on a wild goose chase? A red herring? I don't think so. But then again, who knows?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I did not said that I thought it was stretched vertically, I said it was possible that it was because it is common when showing altitude data.

If they do the stretching then they usually use a 150% or a 200% stretching, enough to enhance the differences.

kix

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Id love John Lear to check this maybe it is alleged "soul catcher"....

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
Id love John Lear to check this maybe it is alleged "soul catcher"....

With a sharp point like that it (they, there are 2) could catch many things, but I doubt it could catch any souls...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great find!!

I noticed anomalies in these pictures as soon as I saw them and I wanted to point out how easy it is to see things that aren’t really there.

The first picture shows the location of the anomaly's and the further two pictures show the anomaly's zoomed in:

Fig 01. This first edit looks like an alien face:

Fig 02. This edit looks like an alien craft:

I just want to say again that these are not what they look like and again this is just to point out that you can see anything you want to if you look hard enough, before I get loads of nutcase quotes.

Please adhere to ATS rules and stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by merka

You can use a stand-alone viewer.

I use this one.

Can you help me? I downloaded the viewer you linked, and have the image displayed in the viewer. However its one strip of white with red dots on it. I can see some of the contour, and the spikes. . but how do I adjust it so I'm looking at photo quality vs a white strip?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The VRML object appears viewed from the side.

Move the mouse while pressing the left button to rotate the object. Moving the mouse while pressing the right mouse button zooms in and out. Moving the mouse while pressing both the left and the right buttons moves the object.

If you are seeing red dots you probably have "View/Vertices" option turned on.

You can uncheck the "View/Textures" option, I think it looks better this way.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I try that and all I get is a solid white strip to look like instead of the actual moon image. It has all the contours, but its literally solid white. When the verticies is checked, I get all the red dots, and can see the spikes. But its not "colored in" with the moon image if that makes sense. Its like the image has been whited out. .

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is interesting, but it would appear that the images that contain the anomalies are not photographs.

I'd like to know what it is we're seeing because they look like some type of graphical representation of...something...rather than a photo, even one that has been "transformed" into a 3D image by some type of software.

Perhaps someone has some background on those images and, perhaps, could enlighten us as to what it is we're seeing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join