It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 soldiers gone in a day (We're not winning)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Anyone who keeps supporting more and more sacrifices for Oil acquistions, this is really senseless especially since the sacrifice is clearly imbalanced of what wealth class of americans are going. READ what the oil corporations got in that new hydrocarbon law. That's right. That's what our soldiers are really there for.

If it's for terrorism or liberation

Ask yourself:

Why aren't we in Somalia?

Why aren't we in Darfur

Why aren't we in Liberia?

Why aren't we in Saudi Arabia?

Why aren't we in Nigeria?

Why weren't we in Rwanda?

(Insert wartorn genocidal puppet regime location here)

Open the eyes and see the truth. This is all for profit. Cannon Fodder for profit. Time for the rest of the american public to realize that.

apnews.myway.com...

Tell me how many upper class citizens in this "fight"?

That's what I thought.

How many of Cheney's family are in this war?

That's what I thought

How many of Bush's family?

That's what I thought

How many of Paul Wolfowitz?

Don't even try it

Is anne coulter in that fight?

Of age, but definitely not going anywhere. Although she does talk tough and I do notice a few signature quotes here. But you have to realize she is a fraud, a sensationalist shock fraud meant to get you politically motivated for republican affiliated. Not really tough nor is she to be taken seriously.

Is Rumsfeld fighting?

no

Anyone of age in his family suited up?

Nope

Is the project of the new american century fighting?

Nope

Is anyone in American Enterprise Institute fighting for freedom?

not a chance

How about Washington Times?

You gotta be kidding me

It's all a sham, people. The blood of the naive who are misled in one bloodbath after another. It's not a neccessary fight. And it's going to get worse.

And why is it the people who say stick it out, 99. percent of them the only sacrifice they are making is hitting repeat on the Lee GreenWood "God Bless the USA" or Toby Keith in the pick up.

Sacrifice isn't listening at work to Limbaugh/Hannity/Savage/O'Reilly/Gibson/Melanie Morgan/Laura Ingraham/ or reading Frontpage/Anne Coulter/The National Review/Washington Times/ or watching Fox News etc

None of these people would even prick their finger for this country.

It's all a S-H-A-M. Stop leading my country into a idiocracy.

And it isn't the Iraqi's that need to "STEP" up. It's our Foreign policy that needs to "STEP" up. It's our decency in America that needs to "STEP" up. It's our administration that needs to "STEP" up.

WORST foreign policy of all time? Oh you betcha. ....

Worst "preznit" of alll time?

Clearly the signs all point to yes

[edit on 21-1-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Now we are up to 25. Way to go,Joe Pickup Truck and Suzy Soccermom.
How many Children are fatherless now? I don't think anyone wants to know or many even understand the true impact of that.

Years later people are going to laugh and mock us for invading Iraq and having the audacity to not take care of our liberties and freedoms at home and actually have the gall to say "We are Liberating you from Tyranny" .
Little did we know Tyranny was always with us just creeping slowly. Oh stupid Empire, you lost before you even fired the first shot.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What are we doing over there?

And I'm not being an ass or a hippie, I'm being totally serious.

Wars have strategies, and it seems with this war we aren't being told anything about our strategy. We hear the talking points and we see the propaganda, but what do we know about the Iraq war?

We've taken out the "oppressive government," and we've found no WMDs. Weren't these the two reasons we were over there? I know we're not looking for the perps of 911, because Iraq had nothing to do with it.

Forgive me for sounding like a conspiracy theorist, but are we simply making Iraq as safe as possible so Halliburton can establish a permenant presence over there.

If we left now, would these "insurgents" be killing anybody? And if you think so, why? Because the media told you so?

Rant over.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow guys. 25 dead in a day. Did we impose a limit as to how many troops should get killed before that is considered unacceptable? We lose more than 50 in one day we surrender or give up? Sounds familiar to me in Somalia. Of course that was less than 20 men that we lost in one day in that battle, before we gave up and go home. I guess we lose wars because we can't handle losing even 10 a day.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh thats it 25 soldiers died thats it pack it up....... *SNIP*

Let me try to explain it to you

Yes, its suck thats are men and women have died on the battlefield but they knew what the risk was when they signed up. They knew that they might be killed doing the job and they have and they understood the risk and to answer you question of high soceity people fighting in the war, there is senators that have children in the war. Prince Harry is about to get sent into Iraq.

There is a few millionaires for example Pat Tillman (RIP) and a few other out there!

We have lost a little over 2,000 soldiers and if you seen what they were killed by there was alot by Accident (Thats training accidents,Vechicle crashs etc), Suicide, Murdered by other soldiers,

Then roadside bombs and IED etc and some by weapons fire mostly sniper)

AGAIN WE ARE NOT LOSING THE WAR!
WE ARE NOT LOSING THE WAR!

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Man WW2 killed so many people you'd think these people complaining here had no spines - jelly worms. Grow some spine and finish the job...plain and simple.

Edn

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
People are forgetting that it isn't possible to finish the job, it never will. there no way to win when your fighting.. nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
We have lost a little over 2,000 soldiers and if you seen what they were killed by there was alot by Accident (Thats training accidents,Vechicle crashs etc), Suicide, Murdered by other soldiers,

I'm fairly certain that the current figure is just over 3,000, and that DOES NOT include the Many non-combat related deaths.
i.e.
"(Thats training accidents,Vechicle crashs etc), Suicide, Murdered by other soldiers,".

The numbers would be Significantly higher if they actually included "(Thats training accidents,Vechicle crashs etc), Suicide, Murdered by other soldiers," in the official count.

posted solely for clarity and in pursuit of deny ignorance

[edit on 1/21/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The figure also doesn't include civilians and former-military contractors.

And as far as I'm concerned, ONE citizen's life is too many to sacrifice to open foreign markets for politically-connected oil services and military support contractors.

The military is for national defense, not pro-bono market penetration for corporate stooges that have infiltrated every level of our government.

I'm sick of this nonsense. We're not spreading freedom, we're sacrificing our children to extort foreign populaces into accepting the shackles offered them by their own corrupt governments, at the behest of the same entities that control OUR government.

There is very little difference between the poor citizens of Iraq and the poor citizens of America. We're both the victims of an international extortion plot.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I love how I get *Snipped* by the mod for calling some a Mo*on which I never knew was a bad word!

But the constent attacks against Americans,United States, George Bush and all the other crap foreigns say about my country in harsh ways goes unattended maybe you should get the *Snipping* because I shall forward any Treason Activites from so called American Posters and other things mentioned by Foreign people to proper authorites

Thank You!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 21/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Don't Fret!

Jenna Bush is going to write a book to heal everyone!

This war is like any other war with an insurgency, our supply line is too long. Watched the Patriot today, the rebels beat the British because we got help from their enemies and it cost to much to win. The Rebels had time on their side!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Politicans hide themselves away,they only started the war,why should they go out to fight?they leave that all to the poor!!yaaa!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You have voted MRGERBIK for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Great Post! I couldn't agree more!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
I love how I get *Snipped* by the mod for calling some a Mo*on which I never knew was a bad word!

But the constent attacks against Americans,United States, George Bush and all the other crap foreigns say about my country in harsh ways goes unattended maybe you should get the *Snipping* because I shall forward any Treason Activites from so called American Posters and other things mentioned by Foreign people to proper authorites

Thank You!

Karl . . . Karl Rove is that you!

Dude, the bottom is out of the barrel, maybe what John Kerry should have really said is "Rich Man's War, Poor Man's Fight"

Sign up and fight in Iraq if you so incensed by the critical word, there is still freedom of speech unless your critical of a republican!

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" Ben Franklin

I guess you better turn Mr. Franklin in for disloyalty to King George!

[edit on 1/21/07 by mel1962]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Wow guys. 25 dead in a day. Did we impose a limit as to how many troops should get killed before that is considered unacceptable? We lose more than 50 in one day we surrender or give up? Sounds familiar to me in Somalia. Of course that was less than 20 men that we lost in one day in that battle, before we gave up and go home. I guess we lose wars because we can't handle losing even 10 a day.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by deltaboy]

Here we go again,Deltaboy. You don't understand the gameplan of Jihad with extremists. To keep you there and keep you angry. You angry,deltaboy? Good. That's what Jihadists want you to be. It's all in their playbook. "Keep them bogged down in combat and grind their equipment and military into dust" That's how Islamic radicals win wars by keeping americans like you furious at anyone who follows radical terrorism.
What are you going to do to scare them? Kill them? These people want to die in combat. It's probably volunteer spiritual suicide if you think about it.
So that's why "WE" are losing. You are giving the radicals what they want, lock stock and barrel. Destroying their country? Just proves what the radicals are saying about the U.S. being a bloodthirsty empire. Every single soldier in Iraq and the presence of our military is beautiful divine propaganda. You fell into the trap. And what are you going to do if the 1 million man Iranian army is unleashed? Aint gonna be pretty.

The free reign that we give " oil and security Corporations" is immoral and disgusting. And you keep talking about "Staying in the fight"I don't think I've ever heard you even question the corporate elements that have been in place for years. There is nothing to question anymore. It's so transparent even George Will and William Buckley is against this conflict.

What do see is alot of spin as if to say "We could win this fight" What's your timeline? American public is not going to stay with you because "you" think you can win. That's not a strategy. That's a opiate induced pipe dream like the Catepillar in Alice in Wonderland.

And this surge? Complete stall and hand over to whoever is next in office. What a utter failure this democracy is turning out to be. But it doesn't surprise me, because we always seem to flutter away our money on senseless debacles.

We are supposed to be protecting our military not grinding them into the dirt. Wait til we get til 08. You think the people are mad now? Oh, they arent liking the sewage water in Baghdad. Iraqi's are a lil smarter than the average bear. Their patience is gone.

And I don't think anyone here can give me a reason why Corporate America can rape this land of their resources carte blanche. To be American is to dissent and question everything. Especially when it's in a suspicious framing of "Liberation" and "Freedom" That's as American as you can get.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Bottom line on this subject!

Our military won the war, our politicians lost the piece and all the kings horse's and the kings men couldn't put Iraq together again!

kix

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Its really sad that in this week alone hundreds of Iraq civiliand were killed in stupid resistance acts perpetrated by religious wackos, on top of that we have at least 30 US soldiers Dead, who the heck knows how many injured?

For what....? Saddam is Dead, the Iraq People have no oppresive government....

2 years ago some of us who predicted this escenario took a lot of heat and were called traitors, anti american, heck remember the "freedom" fries?

Is time to accept it the american population at large has been played like a a cheap piano, and now the situation in Iraq is so bad that the US cannot pull out, because Iran would invade in a sec and turkey also, creating a huge regional WAR in the area an yes you Mr. John Smith would end up paying 13 dlls a gallon....

Now comes somebody here and tell us that Prince Harry will go to Iraq, CAN I CRY? or better yet CAN I LAUGH?, that some senator have kids in Iraq...how many? (IF ANY), its really sad that people die everyday just for Haliburton and the NEOCON group and also to keep the US economy afloat, GB choose the easy way out of his stupid economics and now he is facing the frits of his stupidity, a economy hold by a thread and a tarnished international reputation....

The US government really needs a miracle... when will the "people" stop this madman? will 2008 bring a much needed third party? Is on your hands..dont let this guy ruin you future

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You ever wonder why anyone bothers? It's just going to be spun that the plan hasn't been given enough time. And people on here think we have bottomless finances for this war will continue til we start a Global Nuclear War in every continent. I wonder what they will say to their children then? Well, those damn foreigners just had to act like savages.

I heard a point being made on talk radio and it was a valid one:

Don't you wish that World political affairs were like Sportsradio? You can't spin that. Either you are effing up or not. There would be no room for any of these media bottom feeders. Are the people happy with your performance?
No? Well then you will get dealt with til you win for all of the people

Limbaugh for a year has been leading up the war to Iran.
Why can't we have accountability for genocide? What proof that we are killing terrorists? Because they aim a gun at you and do not like your presence in their city/village? I got news for you. If you invaded any country in this scope and magnitude the people of the country would not be wanting to hold a "kegger" once you got there. I'd be there with a Ak-47 on my property instructing the army no raids in my home or family. We have had enough and we will die to protect ourselves from this invasion of privacy. Take your cultural paranoia somewhere else. That's how i'd be

And that's considered terrorism of nsurgents? Oh man, you gotta be kidding me.

And what proof do we have for the good we are doing. We have
a military base the size of the vatican and not employ any of the Iraqi citizens? Yea, that was a sharp idea right there. Who was the brainiac who brought that one to the table? Let's build more military bases. The people will love that. And then you can say we have to stay here for "Security" and then write your own constitution so the U.S. benefits the most. After all you saved them from that Dictator who gassed his own people.
Who was a C.I.A. asset and trained to be a dictator of a puppet regime to rule tyranny over the people AND we supplied him the chemical weapons to gas those people. But hey we didn't do that we just supplied them.

Hey, this sounds kind of familiar. Didn't we get mad at Iran for supplying weaponry to Palestine? Hmm, the American hypocrisy screeches right in front of our face...again.

Oh forget it, I hate america because I don't have a multi billion dollar media vehicle or any blocky american flag banners,scripted anchors,media pundits,op ed pieces,radio morning and afternoon drive on am talk, I have none of the usual frame propaganda.

So I am the radical left. In fact Abbie Hoffman taught me how to make napalm out of guacamole! How freaking amazing is that? What a commie bastad I am! I have a serious problem with my Liberal disorder as Michael Savage says. Maybe I should just listen to Brian Kilmeade on Fox! He seems to have a really good point on why we have to win this war. Because if you think about it aggravating specific oppositions and flaring the tempers and bringing the recruitments up for radical islamists.

Hey, wait a minute this war could last a lifetime! I could have a freaking career in death and destruction and radiation of adults and children. And if anyone questions my integrity I will just ask them rhetorically why they hate america. I won't have to answer to anyone. None of the families of the dead and I can provide for myself with a lucrative media career. I can also mute any of the callers who challenge me intellectually in a meaninful dialogue. Jesus, do you think I can get a cabinet position like Tony Snow?
Press Secretary GERBIK" I must say, it has a authorative sound to it.

Hot damn I have seen the light to why we must win because ...I can be set for life!

(ponders)

I've seen the light people. Hey, maybe I can hire some of you who have american nationalism tendencies as well. You can be my morning posse. Oh yeah... Let's make this one last longer than the cold war. We back in bizness,baby. And remember if anyone challenges us, Just say," you want us to lose and you hate America and the Soldiers." And throw in that zinger, "Why are you Bush Bashing"

Call my FREAKING manager! We got a business plan! Happy freaking days are here again!!

does Cartwheels out of post)

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And to think... that this whole condition started by society not telling the bully on the playground, "NO!"

The United States of America officially terminated its principles in 1913.

What is the difference between now and then?

What is the differene between the bully on the playground, and the round table of elites that control it all?

Money and influence. Cowardice and unawareness.

What I find hilarious is the idiocy of the elites and their arrogance towards humanity. If they truly expect everyone to report for "medication time" via unreliable news sources, MTV, Sean Hannity and O'Reily and god forbid... coulter- they're sorely mistaken.

You can't keep a lie going forever.

If Hitler couldn't succeed in building a global empire with the strengths of the german people... they (global elites) have no chance.

You can wipe out half the population, and still the percentages don't work in your favor. You can create more institutions and groups bent on your goal, and still the percentages don't work.

The elite have succeeded in both the private and the public sectors. Like them, many before have tried and some have succeeded. But are those same groups here now? Oh wait... I know what you're thinking and snickering about, this "far surpases" all that because your families wrote up oral domintion plans streching generations? Others have done the same.

Man is good. Man is not evil. There is the problem for the elites. And the funny part is you can sit and do nothing, you can log off ATS, you can shut up forever- and that universal truth still remains.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by IamnomanasIamallman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join