It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Dino locked up for 10 years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

have you read the whole Bible? there are artifacts to prove this about dinasours. I know enough about Evolution theorys to not beleive any of it,. evolution just takes what is already there and turns the words into other words and makes it there ideas. Atheism and evolution go hand in hand..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsecCin616

It is blatantly apparent that you know very little about Evolutionary Theory. And if you think that the Flintstones is a documentary, then you know even less about Earth Science...

And I have read the Bible cover to cover at least ten times... Familiarity doesn't equate truth...

And this is STILL a dead thread...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That's sad,a person lost their freedom because of money. I'm sure the guy didnt even know how taxes even worked. I have lived in america my whole life,and if i had that kind of money, I would not know how they work either for that kind of amount. It makes me sick,that i am supposed to be proud to live in oppression.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

I'm sure the guy didnt even know how taxes even worked.

Oh, yes he did. That is why he is in jail, he just didn't think he would get caught. He falsely claimed he was running a tax exempt religious ministry, when in fact he was running a personal profit making business. If he was ignorant, he was, in his own words, "willfully ignorant - ignorant on purpose".

He is a scam artist. A confidence trickster. He lies for a living. He is, in his own words "'willfully ignorant - ignorant on purpose" of the science he claims supports his "theories". He chooses to ignore anything factual that refutes his chosen line of snake oil.

He has identified a niche market of people who want to believe this stuff, and caters to it with vigor, single-mindedness, invented credentials, and complete and utter disregard for truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
No idea why this is pinned. Dr Hovind was a great man and teacher and he was screwed by the IRS due to no fault of his own, he just did not want his ministry to be turned into a Corporation and i can see why.

The people insulting Dr Hovind are just as much victims as Hovind himself. I pity the Hovind haters.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I loved Hovind as well.
Both Dawkins and Hitchens would hide from him and have only gotten back in to the public spotlight since Hovind was jailed. Both cowards Hitchens and Dawkins when it came to debating Hovind.

IF I remember correctly it was Hovind who ended Dawkins public debating because Hovind made dawkins look stupid all the time.
dawkins still wont debate evolution publicly after all this time.

and yes Hovind was in error. He wasnt preaching a religion or faith so he wasnt tax exempt.
Creation science is indeed a science.
Now who could argue that in light of the prison sentence?
edit on 16-9-2011 by boony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If only so Creationists will stop bitching about it

I say that this as a pinned topic should cease. Anyone wanting to post Hoving material on here will either know, or quickly find out his criminal record at this point.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yes and all the worlds politicians are stand up people because they are not in jail.
Come on, a little common sense please.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

Creation Science is an oxymoron.

"Doctor" Hovind got his Phd. from a "University" who's entire campus is a double-wide trailer. He ran his own "Flintstones is a documentary" style amusement park and paid zero taxes. He was a tax dodger and got what he deserved.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

No idea why this is pinned.

Why shouldn't it be?

Dr Hovind was a great man and teacher

Even though he continually repeated things he knew to be false, even after he was corrected? How is a liar a great man and teacher? And since I know you'll try and claim that he's never ever lied, here's one:

Well, now, hold it. If you want to just pick one item and that's supposed to prove relationship, did you know that human Cytochrom [sic] C is closest to a sunflower? So really the sunflowers are our closest relative folks. It depends what you want to compare. If you want to compare the eyes, we are closest to an octopus. Not a chimpanzee. Pick something. What do you want to compare? Human blood specific gravity is closest to a rabbit or a pig. Human milk is closest to a donkey. It depends on what you want to compare. Pick something. If there were not some similarities between us and other animals we could only eat each other. So God designed all animals from the code so we could eat other plants and animals and digest them. Not proof for evolution. It's proof of a common Designer!

Is he right? Well, the peptide sequence for human Cytochrome C and chimp Cytochrome C aren't similar... they are identical. And sunflower Cytochrome C isn't even close. When he was given this information, did he admit his mistake or even stop making the claim? Nope.

and he was screwed by the IRS due to no fault of his own,

So being caught breaking the law is called getting screwed. Interesting. Who's fault was it, then?

he just did not want his ministry to be turned into a Corporation and i can see why.

Yes, it's painfully obvious -- he was greedy and wanted to maintain tax-exempt status so he could pocket more money.

The people insulting Dr Hovind are just as much victims as Hovind himself. I pity the Hovind haters.

Save your pity for someone that needs it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes and your hi priest Dawkins is a liar and so is Hitchens.
www.evolutionfairytale.com...
www.opednews.com...

Seriously Dawkins and Hitchens wont debate publicly anymore, cos they are sick of looking like idiots all the time.

Well as a Christian I see only a few weeks till it all ends anyway
we all need to seek forgiveness from Jesus, now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

www.opednews.com...

Dawkins already took the time to respond to the Rabbi's remarks and apologized for not remembering the debate. I could easily point out that the Rabbi is guilty of almost as big a lie because he claimed the debate took place at St. Catherine's College at Oxford when it really took place at the Oxford Law Library. Not sure what that has to do with repeatedly spewing factual inaccuracies regarding evolution, as Hovind has done, but... OK.

And Hitchens is a journalist... why do you imagine I care anything about him? Creationists have this quaint notion that atheism and evolution are the same thing or that one flows naturally from the other. If this were the case, you'd find that your majority in the world was greatly eroded. The vast majority of people are theists and, with the exception of the U.S. and Turkey, most people accept the theory of evolution. Do the math -- that's a lot of theists who accept evolution as fact.

Seriously Dawkins and Hitchens wont debate publicly anymore, cos they are sick of looking like idiots all the time.

Dawkins has already explained why he won't debate creationists any longer. Is it "cos [sic] he's sick of looking like an idiot", or is it because he's tired of people who would rather lie charmingly and then claim to have won the debate? And, again, I don't know what Hitchens would have to say on the subject of evolution that I would care about.

Care to place a wager on that? You name a one week window when the second coming is supposed to happen. If you're right, I'll leave ATS. But if that week passes and Jesus doesn't show, you leave ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by boony

www.opednews.com...

Dawkins already took the time to respond to the Rabbi's remarks and apologized for not remembering the debate. I could easily point out that the Rabbi is guilty of almost as big a lie because he claimed the debate took place at St. Catherine's College at Oxford when it really took place at the Oxford Law Library. Not sure what that has to do with repeatedly spewing factual inaccuracies regarding evolution, as Hovind has done, but... OK.

And Hitchens is a journalist... why do you imagine I care anything about him? Creationists have this quaint notion that atheism and evolution are the same thing or that one flows naturally from the other. If this were the case, you'd find that your majority in the world was greatly eroded. The vast majority of people are theists and, with the exception of the U.S. and Turkey, most people accept the theory of evolution. Do the math -- that's a lot of theists who accept evolution as fact.

Dawkins has already explained why he won't debate creationists any longer. Is it "cos [sic] he's sick of looking like an idiot", or is it because he's tired of people who would rather lie charmingly and then claim to have won the debate? And, again, I don't know what Hitchens would have to say on the subject of evolution that I would care about.

Care to place a wager on that? You name a one week window when the second coming is supposed to happen. If you're right, I'll leave ATS. But if that week passes and Jesus doesn't show, you leave ATS.

I believe that the Jewish Feast of Trumpets is going to herald something amazing, what it is I am unsure of.
So I speculate, no I dont care to make a wager. I am no prophet or seer and never suggested I was.
According to Biblical time line there seems to be something big about to happen.

Hitchens and Dawkins are both liars and fools, so smitten by their respective education they have lost themselves in arrogance and hate.
Atheism is evolutionism and the two cant be separated.
I am tired of people with more faith in nothing, you know big bang from nothing, chemical elements, all of them being produced from nothing, life produced from nothing calling me a religious crackpot when what they believe is completely? Well lets just say its a far greater leap of faith and acceptance of religion of the masses than my beliefs.
If Hovind was teaching science he deserves to be in jail. He was teaching science not religion and the Government knew that.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

I believe that the Jewish Feast of Trumpets is going to herald something amazing, what it is I am unsure of. So I speculate, no I dont care to make a wager. I am no prophet or seer and never suggested I was. According to Biblical time line there seems to be something big about to happen.

People have been making the same claim based on the "Biblical time line" for several thousand years now. And you said:

Well as a Christian I see only a few weeks till it all ends anyway we all need to seek forgiveness from Jesus, now.

That didn't sound like speculation to me.

Hitchens and Dawkins are both liars and fools, so smitten by their respective education they have lost themselves in arrogance and hate.

Since you can't refute their message, you're attacking the messenger. It's called and ad hominem attack. And, again, I care nothing for Hitchens. I actually thought you were talking about the guy who wrote the Dark Materials series of books and had to look him up on Wiki to know who you were talking about.

Better let the millions upon millions of people who believe in God and accept evolution know that. You should read some of the things Dr. Kenneth Miller has written about reconciling faith with scientific fact.

I am tired of people with more faith in nothing, you know big bang from nothing, chemical elements, all of them being produced from nothing, life produced from nothing calling me a religious crackpot when what they believe is completely? Well lets just say its a far greater leap of faith and acceptance of religion of the masses than my beliefs.

That's a strawman argument, as a singularity is hardly "nothing". And I didn't see anyone here call you a religious crackpot. Keep in mind that you're in the majority on this planet -- the vast majority of the world's population believes in some deity. So trying to act like you're being persecuted and playing the martyr is pretty dishonest.

If Hovind was teaching science he deserves to be in jail.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that anyone teaching science should be in jail?

He was teaching science not religion and the Government knew that.

No, he was teaching lies that he knew were lies and passing them off as "creation science" in order to line his pockets with money from the faithful. He then lied about the fact that he was running a for-profit corporation by claiming tax exemption as a ministry. That's why he's in jail.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by boony

I believe that the Jewish Feast of Trumpets is going to herald something amazing, what it is I am unsure of. So I speculate, no I dont care to make a wager. I am no prophet or seer and never suggested I was. According to Biblical time line there seems to be something big about to happen.

People have been making the same claim based on the "Biblical time line" for several thousand years now. And you said:

Well as a Christian I see only a few weeks till it all ends anyway we all need to seek forgiveness from Jesus, now.

That didn't sound like speculation to me.

Since you can't refute their message, you're attacking the messenger. It's called and ad hominem attack. And, again, I care nothing for Hitchens. I actually thought you were talking about the guy who wrote the Dark Materials series of books and had to look him up on Wiki to know who you were talking about.

Better let the millions upon millions of people who believe in God and accept evolution know that. You should read some of the things Dr. Kenneth Miller has written about reconciling faith with scientific fact.

That's a strawman argument, as a singularity is hardly "nothing". And I didn't see anyone here call you a religious crackpot. Keep in mind that you're in the majority on this planet -- the vast majority of the world's population believes in some deity. So trying to act like you're being persecuted and playing the martyr is pretty dishonest.

If Hovind was teaching science he deserves to be in jail.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that anyone teaching science should be in jail?

He was teaching science not religion and the Government knew that.

No, he was teaching lies that he knew were lies and passing them off as "creation science" in order to line his pockets with money from the faithful. He then lied about the fact that he was running a for-profit corporation by claiming tax exemption as a ministry. That's why he's in jail.

Ad hominem hey?
Is that like the last 6 or 7 pages of attacks on Hovind.........Yah Think?

You are arguing from the lower part of the Dunning Kruger effect. Its just a smarmy way of saying hypocrit, it fits though.

Yah right though its been a couple of thousand years of Christian warnings, so yes I figure the end is just around the corner. Yes its true I agree, my comments are easily taken to sound more than speculation, whatever, as I said I am no prophet and I speculate for different reasons. Very little question that something big will happen. What I have no idea.
Persecuted and playing the martyr is the atheist evolutionist position. I am contending evolution is a lie and Dawkins and other evolutionists are liars. Stick your sooky lah lah strawman issues and come up with
Repeatable
Observable and
Testable scientific principles or accept you are far more religious than I

You are the Dunning Krugger effect in person, the lower part of the scale in point of form.
Ad hominen and you accuse me and deny anything said in all the other pages. You jest or you are the clown.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

Ad hominem hey?
Is that like the last 6 or 7 pages of attacks on Hovind.........Yah Think?

I called Hovind a liar on the subject of evolution, presented an example of him being a liar on the subject of evolution, and then briefly speculated as to why he may lie regarding the subject of evolution. If you can explain how this is an ad hominem attack, feel free to do so. Not sure why that warranted an ad hominem attack on Dawkins that had nothing to do with evolution.

You are arguing from the lower part of the Dunning Kruger effect. Its just a smarmy way of saying hypocrit, it fits though.

No, I’m not arguing that Hovind is incompetent or stupid. Just that he is, demonstrably, a liar when it comes to the subject of evolution.

Yah right though its been a couple of thousand years of Christian warnings, so yes I figure the end is just around the corner. Yes its true I agree, my comments are easily taken to sound more than speculation, whatever, as I said I am no prophet and I speculate for different reasons. Very little question that something big will happen. What I have no idea.

Why would it be any more “around the corner” now than it was a thousand years ago when people were making the exact same claim?

Persecuted and playing the martyr is the atheist evolutionist position.

I’ve never seen people who accept evolution “playing the martyr”, except in the United States where they actually are a minority. It’s a ridiculous statement given that, on a global scale, most people accept evolution. I’ve definitely seen atheists claiming to be persecuted but, then again, they are a tiny minority. It’s funny that you’re trying to equate evolution and atheism, given that there aren’t nearly enough atheists to account for all of the people who accept evolution. It’s completely nonsensical to try and conflate the two.

I am contending evolution is a lie and Dawkins and other evolutionists are liars.

But you have yet to show where Dawkins has lied about evolution. And are you backing off your earlier implication that people who teach science should be put in jail?

Stick your sooky lah lah strawman issues and come up with

I’m not the one that’s mischaracterizing something in order to argue against it.

Repeatable

Evolution is repeatable.

Observable and Testable scientific principles or accept you are far more religious than I

Evolution is observable and testable. Guess I’m not nearly as religious as you. I’ll be waiting for you to move the goalposts and attempt to redefine the examples given as something other than evolution based on your own personal definition of evolution, regardless of the fact that these are examples of evolution as defined by science.

You are the Dunning Krugger effect in person, the lower part of the scale in point of form.

Ironic that the person invoking the Dunning-Kruger effect would spell it incorrectly, no?

Ad hominen and you accuse me and deny anything said in all the other pages. You jest or you are the clown.

I think you don’t understand what an ad hominem attack is. Hovind lied about evolution, I presented facts to show that. You can’t show that Dawkins has lied about evolution, so you point out that he forgot about a debate he had at Oxford. It’s unrelated to the discussion of evolution and who is telling lies about it, so it’s an ad hominem attack.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I’ll be waiting for you to move the goalposts and attempt to redefine the examples given as something other than evolution based on your own personal definition of evolution, regardless of the fact that these are examples of evolution as defined by science.

You'd do better just to wait for the rapture.

That'll take care of him.

Harte

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know this man but it always baffles me how a person can get ten years for not paying taxes. OK no one should think they're so special they don't have to pay. One for all and all that but ten years, some people don't even get that long for crimes sych as rape. He may have been deceitful but who did he really hurt? And I just have to add it's up to the individual to decide what they believe in, at least it should be.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nokrank

I think the length of his term stems from the means by which he attempted not to pay them. Rather than just blatantly not pay taxes, he attempted to claim his for-profit business as a non-profit organization. Defrauding the government will tend to net you harsher penalties.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join