It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Dino locked up for 10 years

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Are you all serious? Saying this man is sooo bad because he didn't pay his taxes? How bout you all open the constitution and read the 16th amendment. The Federal Income tax was never ratified! It has been illegally pushed on us since 1913, he was just standing up for his Constitutional rights. Maybe you all should do a little research before assuming that this man is a criminal. Did you know over $30 MILLION people do not pay their taxes because they know it is not a legal amendment? Even the Supreme Court has ruled on many accounts that this amendment, and I quote, "..gave government no new powers of taxation.."

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Not paying taxes is VERY different from premeditated tax fraud.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's funny how much people have to say about a person that they never even saw in person xD You really can't assume that someone is good or bad, just because he is going to jail, and that he said things that were not true. But hell, you are not 5 year olds, you should know that xD

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patenciq
It's funny how much people have to say about a person that they never even saw in person xD You really can't assume that someone is good or bad, just because he is going to jail, and that he said things that were not true. But hell, you are not 5 year olds, you should know that xD

Good or bad, no... But a complete blithering idiot who doesn't know his head from a Bible in the ground, ABSOLUTELY! Dr. Dimwit has left more than enough 'evidence' here on the web to make that determination! And one does not need to be a bad person to accomplish bad things... I believe the saying is "The road to Hell is paved in Good Intentions..."

Crap is crap, no matter whether it comes from a 'good' person or a 'bad' person, it all STINKS!

[/rant]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hovind is wrong on many many points. I was raised with his seminars on tape in my house and I was sent to a bible academy to learn to be like him. It was during these years that I realized....

No one knows all the answers.

The preacher in the pulpit is just regurgitating what he learned from a guy who read a book by a group of people who were told something by someone else. It's a giant historical game of telephone, and who among us is going to find out what the first person said, or whether it's true or not? You wanna find the true face of God? Try some DEDICATION.

And science? Most of you defend science like it was your honors student. Science cannot prove anything except man's willingness to accept proof.

Time for a newer, even more improved paradigm shift! Try this one on for size:

"There is no religion, there is no science, there is only life and how life perceives itself."

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Since when is not paying your taxes a crime? It may be a man made law, but it is certainly not a crime to avoid paying taxes to a corrupt government. But hey if he wants to try and get people back on the road and let them know they were created by God and not by evolving from apes, then more power to him.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Mod Edit: No need to respond to OT stuff. Cheers -alien

[edit on 8-3-2010 by alien]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Mod Edit: No need to respond to OT stuff. Cheers -alien

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Goes to show how strongly committed people are to beleiving what they choose to beleive. There is no point in the creation'vs evolution argument whatsoever. This is the case with most topics here.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Cue Mod Butt-in-ski

As has been mentioned, this is a 3 year old thread.

Also, if there are any issues with the nature in which this site is run, please post such within The ATS Issues Thread, not within this one.

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
The almighty architect (The IRS) has finally punished this *insult removed*

Hovind was sentenced on January 19, 2007 to ten years in prison and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of $640,000. After his prison term finishes, he will have to serve another three years of probation. A tearful Hovind had hoped to avoid prison, telling the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."

That should make him *Insult removed*

Mod Edit: Foul language editted out - cheers, alien

This is indeed a great tragedy to all rational thinkers of our planet, as Kent Hovind was an absolute riot to listen to. A genuine one-man circus. We are impoverished by his absence.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I respect DR.Hovind, Ive seen his videos and he is doing a good thing for our children. Hovind teaches from the Bible. Evolution Theorys are theorys thats all. Evolutionist just are trying to say there is no God. One theory of Evolution says that one species can split into two more species, but that its gonna take thousands of years to happen. Whos gonna be here to witness it ? Nobody is. Dr.Hovind should nt have got 10 years for this. THe Judge must have been a atheist.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111 I am glad other people see Dr.Hovind as a decent person. Hes just trying to keep people from going to hell. He wants Evolution to be taught alongside with Creation not just Evolution.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsecCin616
reply to post by Harte

I respect DR.Hovind, Ive seen his videos and he is doing a good thing for our children. Hovind teaches from the Bible. Evolution Theorys are theorys thats all. Evolutionist just are trying to say there is no God. One theory of Evolution says that one species can split into two more species, but that its gonna take thousands of years to happen. Whos gonna be here to witness it ? Nobody is. Dr.Hovind should nt have got 10 years for this. THe Judge must have been a atheist.

I don't even know where to begin to respond to this... By the numbers... Hovind teaches, or taught, crap! Nowhere in the Bible does it state that man and dinosaur roamed the Earth together!

Next, at least Evolution IS a theory, and not some childish myth from an ancient text! At least it matches the available data observed in nature! And in no way whatsoever does Evolution attempt to answer the question of whether or not there is a God! Science does NOT attempt to prove or disprove Theology. If only the opposite were true...

It is also VERY apparent that you have practically NO knowledge concerning Evolution whatsoever, but that is EXTREMELY typical of Creationists!

Also, Hovind is in prison for TAX EVASION, and not for teaching this 'the Flintstones was a documentary' BS! If you cannot bother to learn the basics of the issue, you should refrain from expressing an apparently ignorant opinion! The motto here is Deny Ignorance, not Embrace Ignorance!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AztecWrior805 I didnt realize that you dont have to pay Taxes. People do it to get some money back, I guess. Did Willie Nelson have to spend 10 in the pen also?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Dr.hovind is not a lier. he tells you right up front that he beleives in the Bible and its teachings. and tells you how to be saved. Maybe he didnt want to pay taxes because he needed his money to continue his work. He hates Evolution Theorys and Atheist.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsecCin616

You do realize that this is a dead thread, right? Look at the dates of the posts...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join