Dr. Dino locked up for 10 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

After reading your posts, I am just flabbergasted!! Your ignorance of simple science rivals that of Hovind himself!! First, let's address this fraud, Hovind. He claims to have taught High School Science for 15 years: LIE! There is not one piece of evidence that he ever taught High School, let alone science, as he has no education on the subject whatsoever. He claims to be a PhD: LIE! His degree comes from a 'university' who's campus consists of a double wide trailer in the middle of nowhere!

In 1971 he graduated from East Peoria Community High School in East Peoria, Illinois. From 1972 until 1974, Hovind attended the non-accredited Midwestern Baptist College and received a Bachelor of Religious Education (B.R.E.).[7] In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program).[12]

Source.

Now let's address this 'water canopy' nonsense! You and Hovind claim that before the 'Great Flood' there was a 'water canopy' shell surrounding the Earth. If this were true, no life could have existed prior to it's 'falling to the Earth' as the pressure would be so great that it would have crushed all living creatures that currently exist on the surface of the planet. And when this 'canopy' did fall, the temperature would have been so great, it would have cooked any living thing on the planet!

The scientific criticism of the vapor canopy focus on the required pressure and temperature of the atmosphere. For water vapor equivalent to one kilometer of liquid water, the pressure at the surface of the Earth would be 100 times greater than it is now. The critical pressure of water is only 217 atm, so it is difficult to distinguish between liquid and vapor under these conditions, but either the temperature would be high (hundreds or thousands of degrees) or the density of the vapor would be more like that of liquid water than our present atmosphere. Finally, to get this vapor to condense into rain, an enormous amount of heat would have to be extracted and disposed of.

A canopy of liquid water or ice faces other difficulties. A stationary layer of water would, of course, not be stable and would immediately fall. An orbiting ring or shell of water or ice, even if it could be made stable for long periods and then suddenly fall, would be heated by conversion of gravitational energy during the fall, resulting in steam rather than rain. (This incidentally rules out the mammoths as evidence of a vapour canopy converting to ice at high latitudes).

Source.

Next I would point out that you seem to support speciation, mutation and genetic drift, which are all hallmarks of evolution and have no place in the Creation Myth. I think GoodWolf is correct, you do need to look into Theistic Evolution, as that seem to be your field. This nonsense that belief in evolution somehow negates the existence of a Creator is just foolish! I posted this in another thread concerning this very topic:

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
I feel this is because to think anything other than creation is possible somehow denies the existance of God, which is totally not true. In fact, it points to an even more Divine Being, as it would be much more magnificent for such a being to create all of this just by causing The Big Bang and then letting nature take it's course. To me, the difference between such a Being and the traditional Biblical concept of God is the same as the difference between Criss Angel and the Biblical God. One is just a Divine Magician and the other is a Being so complex and beyond us that we cannot even comprehend such an Entity.

I would also like to post this from the same thread for you to ponder on:

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
I would also point out that you are defending a book that is not even your book. The Old Testament, more accurately, The Torah belongs to the Jewish people and I have yet to see even one Jew on these forums defending the Creation Myth. Instead of defending a myth that is not even yours, you might want to spend that time reading the book that is yours, The New Testament, which is based on the life of the Founder of your religion. I see many Christian preachers interpreting the book that is not theirs, but I have never seen a Rabbi trying to interpret your book.

Tag, you're it!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

I hate to break it to you, but Hovind didn't do any of that stuff, either. So it's OK for Hovind to argue things he's not personally experimented upon, but when someone uses the exact same reasoning, coupled with actual scientific understanding, to shine the 'idiot light' on this guy's hypothesis, suddenly that's in bad taste or somehow illogical. Please. We're adults. Don't insult our intelligence.

And don't just take our words on why this guy is a fool, but listen to what actual, real scientists have to say about him here.

Just because he fooled you into seeming respectable and well-educated doesn't mean he actually is. To think your judgment or appraisal is 100% accurate is the height of arrogance.

We have a guy who barely knows what DNA stands for saying that evolution couldn't happen.

Back to the Hovind Hypothesis (it's no theory). BWAAHAHAHAHAAA!!! That's some good readin' right there! Crikey that's entertaining. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic example of someone trying to shoe-horn a desired outcome into a situation by using plausible-sounding science. It is the antithesis of science. Or are you telling me that Hovind was a non-YEC before he studied the history of the earth, and these are the conclusions he came to through rational, objective discovery? Of course not. We know about his past and beliefs. We know he believed this stuff before he started any studies. There is not one single shred of evidence that suggests this guy has any of his facts right. It is not science.

If Hovind wants people to take his crazy-ass hypothesis correctly, first he has to show how the current understanding of geological processes is flawed, and then he has to come up with evidence supporting his hypothesis. He hasn't done any of that. He's either very lazy, or he's full of rubbish.

He's a joke. He has not got an original thought in his head, but because he happens to espouse something that YECs would love a real scientist to say, they are willing to overlook the fact he's talking out of his ass, and not a real scientist, just so their faith can be bolstered.

Not to mention the fact he thinks the Grand Canyon was formed over a few weeks. If that was the case, the Colorado river would have eaten through the Earth's crust since the flood, but it's still here, so clearly he's wrong on that point.

There is just so much wrong with this guy's hypothesis that it's pointless trying to break it down piece by piece. The fact that he can't even be bothered to offer up any evidence that supports his claims should also illustrate, to the rational mind at least, that this guy is full of horse-squeeze.

If he's the best YECs can come up with, I think geology can sleep safely tonight.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hovind is a hypocrite! He says evolutionists are

willingly ignorant, that means dumb on purpose.
But that a better description of him.

This is where he claims that a drop of water will cover the earth and general water/ice above air Bull-S#.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

PSSTT use h&r Block and get the insurance on your return

They are responsible for any materials needed for an audit as long as you presented the proper and true information at time of filing. IE your id w-2 etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm new to this forum but I have to question why this thread is pinned? What are the motives? Does it somehow refute what he taught about creation science? The man went to jail over taxes, he just so happen to be very opinionated on creation science. They are completely unrelated, please show us more respect than this. By no means does it challenge the biblical creation viewpoint and if you are relying on Kent instead of the bible you are only fooling yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by masterweb

Quite simply because the creationist lobby on this forum love to use this simpleton as a source to 'prove' their case.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Hey Jaxson. But isn't the fact he is in prison for tax reasons kind of an ad hominen attack, if you will, against his research? I've had issues with this thread being stickied for a while now but never really bothered making an issue out of it. It is what it seems to me, though. Is it an interesting thread? Sure. Is it sticky worthy? Not in my opinion. I'm not going to crusade to get it unstickied but it is something that appears to have negative intentions.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

But isn't the fact he is in prison for tax reasons kind of an ad hominen attack, if you will, against his research?

I think it to show that Kent Hovind is a scam artist and would lie about anything in creation science to earn big bucks. I guess in some people's eyes, this is very important.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Um... ya I figured that much.
I was simply questioning the sticky-worthiness of the thread. If it was a thread about any intentionally bogus creationist research then I could completely understand- totally. But tax evasion/prison. This has what to do with forum guidelines? Evolutionary science? Creationism? It's basically a stickied news article- not science or informative.

Anyways, I'm not griping. Promise. It's just something I always found curious. Not trying to create any waves. I honestly never even heard of the guy until seeing this thread so it's not a huge issue for me. Just seemed out of place. No biggie.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The man got rich by selling creationist bs and tried to keep the money by calling it a church. He was a main player in the creationist movement so of course his being sent to prison is important to this forum.

edit. tempered post.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by riley]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks for your thoughts everyone even if we have to agree to disagree. I promise I'm not complaining or trying to get this thread unstickied. I know some atheists have an issue with one of the threads stickied in the BTS forum- which I happen to love being stickied. So, it's a fair trade, IMO. I'm not trying to raise a stink to get it taken off. It's just one of those things that made me wonder.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hovind was probably the biggest player in the realm of Creationism until he went to jail. The fact he went to jail for 10 years for tax fraud shows he's a dishonest person. Ken Ham may soon be joining him if AiG keeps going DMCA happy with videos debunking his BS.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I wasn't trying to defend the OP, just answer what the motivations are for it's creation. As far as I am concerned, it's apples and oranges. I was just trying to clarify it for the newbie whom I was replying to.

PS- How are you doing? Haven't been around for a few days myself.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Oh no worries! Even if you had been it would have been ok.

And I've been great and your absence has been noticed. You doing ok? Don't get sick of us and disappear, now.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
dr.dino was one of the greatest scientists in the world who made science more fun. it was a little preachy at points but even with that it was still fun. And I was a double science major with 2 degrees in biology and chemistry. SO i can tell you science is not fun. to single him out for his religious view is stupid. He never taught creationism! Not that I saw at least and he was an inspiration for me.

Just because someone does not believe in evolution does not make their arguments or outlooks invalid. Evolution is a theory and about as dumb as every other theory or religious doctrine. Whats next you going to go piss on mendels grave because he was a catholic monk?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

im seriously hoping this is extreme irony and parody ....unfortunatley you can never be sure in this forum

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

May I ask what school you got your degrees from? And he never taught creationism, SAY WHAT?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Also, I was just thinking, by this logic, should we have a sticky of VenomfangX's video where he apologizes to the internet?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
In a seminar he claims Darwin is to blame for racism. He then uses slavery and the Trail of Tears as examples where one race thought it was better, because of evolution. Of course, slavery existed before Darwin was born, and TOT happened before Darwin's book came out. But the people clap and cheered him on. Like WTF?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I've never heard of the guy until this thread, so I have no opinion of his writings, teaching or theories. However I think he's a god damn hero for not paying the dirty bastards running the IRS. Hallefriggenlujah! The IRS can suck a big one and all you taxpayers are a bunch of schmucks - hope they suck you dry - you deserve it for being weak taxpaying punks.

Nobody owns me or what my labor produces. God put me here on Earth and I'm a free man to do as I wish. Nobody represents me and I answer to nobody, but myself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join