It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Dino locked up for 10 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hovind update

Seems he is slowly losing what marbles he still possessed...

Conversations with teh satan

Satan: I hate to interrupt, but as god of this world, (Oh how I wish that could be a capital G! II Corinthians 4:4) I monitor all Knee-mails to protect my interests. There are some obvious reasons you forgot.

8. You have also dared to try to take dinosaurs away from me. I have used dinosaurs for nearly 200 years to teach billions of people that the earth is billions of years old and that God’s Word is not true. Your seminar on dinosaurs strikes at the heart of my kingdom. I intend to destroy both your ministry and your reputation for good. Dinosaurs are especially effective for me to deceive children. You are taking children away from me, so I took yours away from you!

9. You have been a fool, Hovind, to follow Jesus. I am the prince of this world (John 14:30). You know you are commanded to submit to those who rule over you (Romans 13 and Hebrew 13). You can clearly see that the state is lord over the church. Stop preaching against evolution and enjoy life with your family. We can peacefully co-exist. You can have your religion. Just leave my kingdom alone. I have plans to rule this entire world (Psalms 2).

www.cseblogs.com...

Wow, satan was good enough to provide the relevant verses from his King James, heh.

If you read the blog entry, he recently had a natter with god, but was rudely interrupted by the bad guy, you know the one who developed evolutionary theory in the garden of eden.

[think it's meant to be fictional, but still worth teh giggles]

[edit on 12-10-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have watched the beginning of the first DVD of his Creation Science Seminars DVD set. One thing I can tell you (ok, off-topic) is that he is an excellent speaker. Even though I'm a non-Christian creationist he kept me interested. He makes good points except when he points to the Bible for backup.

He does mention a few things which I'm VERY interested to see what the response of evolutionists are. Those also go along with "evolution: fact or fable?" by Christian author Richard Johnston.

The second law of thermodynamics means that everything deteriorates and does not get more complex as required for evolution to occur.

Other tidbits:
1. The amount of helium in the atmosphere shows the earth could not be old enough for evolution to occur. Earth can be no more than a few million years old (apparently not enough for evolution) because of the quantity of Helium in the atmosphere.
2. The same goes for the amount of salt in the oceans.
3. The deterioration of the Earth's magnetic field point towards a young
Earth. Not necessarily 6000 years, but definitely not billions.
4. The law of the conservation of angular momentum disproves the big bang theory. To uphold that law all planets should be spinning in the same direction but Venus, Uranus and possibly Pluto, spin in the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
OK. So the second law says everything deteriorates?

How do snowflakes form? How do any crystals form? How does a seed become a tree?

Essentially, there is nothing stopping local increases in order, as long as disorder increases elsewhere. And with a big sun pumping energy into the earth, this is not an issue at all.

Thus, 2nd law suggests that the total entropy of a closed system will increase. And if the universe is a closed system, it will. But that doesn't mean more local decreases in entropy are impossible.

I'm sure the rest of his claims are handled here on talkorigins.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Even if this guy did get in trouble for taxes....he did not LIE to the public, he simply shared his opinion and his scientific reasons for that viewpoint. i mean of course some of his research had to of been bias but he has just as much of a right to share it that the athiest has to share why they believe what they believe. can we not believe that? i see so much hatred for people who believe in god and so much tension between the two but we should just let people be. yes what he did was wrong and he should endure his punishment, he has ruined himself.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by time4chg07

EXACTLY!!!!

The paid 'scientific' community acts like a bunch of monkeys EVERY time someone with any authority suggests Creationism (God).

Dr. Carl Rove has endured scathing ridicule and hatred for YEARS!
His ministry(as being tax exempt) should have been off limits!
IMO, and according to applicable laws.

The 'state' church of evolutionary accademia, when threatened, pulls out every weapon, including the I.R.S.!!!

America is NOT an athieistic State such as China!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dr dino problems seemed to have started pre 1996 with the IRS trying to collect unpaid income tax. Dr dino claims he has no income and is employed by god who owns everything kent has in his possession while he lives in the kingdom of heaven.

Kents bankruptcy woes

I like kents smooth talk and how he delivers his young creation theory. I don't believe it but like it just the same. But his being arrested on 58 federal charges, including failing to pay $473,818 in employee-related taxes and making threats against investigators is to much and ya think god would give him a helping hand. Poor Kent Hovind paid his employees in cash and labeled them "missionaries" to avoid payroll tax and FICA requirements.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
The paid 'scientific' community acts like a bunch of monkeys EVERY time someone with any authority suggests Creationism (God).

Poppycock!

You can suggest creationism almost any time you like. Just keep it out of science and the science classroom. And creationism =/= god. There are lots of evolutionary theists, and scientists who are theists.

I also wouldn't call Hovind as someone with any authority on anything to do with science. But he is a proven liar and a fraud. I'm not surprised to see some Xians supporting him, their moral relativism shines through at times.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People can use science to back up anything they feel like....who said science was bound to evolution.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think you might have difficulty using methodological naturalism (i.e., science) to truly support creationism.

If a version of creationism makes specific claims, we can test those claims. For example, the Hovind-type of YEC has been tested, falsified, and, so, rejected. It was over a hundred years ago.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07
People can use science to back up anything they feel like

No you can’t. I think that you have mistaken science for statistics, but worry 9 out of 10 people do at some point in their life.

....who said science was bound to evolution.

So far it is the only theory that is backed up by the evidence.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is also Science that contradicts evolution….I will find some sources and post on here again. I know things that I have heard but would be foolish to post it without refreshing my memory. There is a lot of good science but there is flawed science and there is science that tends to be overlooked. Im not supporting hovind in all of his claims, keep in mind.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by time4chg07]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Look, I have posted a topic (which I'm sure some of you have have seen) and it'd be nice to post any more evidence (that means facts) contradicting evolution. As with everything you have too take away the parts you like. I happen to like all of Hovinds seminars and believe in his viewpoint. And until somebody accurately discredits with concrete evidence (not kenthovind.com) I will change my viewpoint. But until that happens I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ.

Saying that, I believe Hovind was wrong. Sure its a pain and Kent wanted to say untax-exempt, but he forgot that this Earth isn't perfect. He should have just paid his taxes - "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's". Everybody his flaws, not a shocker.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One more reason Americans need to listen to Mr. Jefferson and Ron Paul.

However seeing some of you revel in a man's going to prison over taxes in a church while Catholic priests get away with diddling little boys all over America, because they are Government Churches is interesting.

Well Mr. Hovind held many many debates with many well known evolutionists and so called experts and when he went to jail he was undefeated, I suppose he will remain that way now until he gets at out at the least. I suggest you all take this 10 years and try to find one shred of scientific evidence for your belief in our Origin so that when he gets out of prison you can collect that 250k he has up to anyone that has scientific evidence of evolution.

Then we get to that pesky document the Bill of Rights and that pesky 1st Amendment, what part of SHALL NOT do you think congress don't get???

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
for those that would like to see a former Evolution Professors reasons against Evolution you can watch his Scientific 5 part series on Google Video for free.

Walter Veith - The Genesis Conflict series

Dr. Veith also has a series called total onslaught also that is very interesting and covers such topics as freemasons, jesuits, anti-christ, who really rules this world and what not. In fact I ave often thought Dr. Veith would be a great ATS'r...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks! I'll look at that.
Where have you been???

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit
I'm certainly no fan of this guy, but I really don't see what good it does to give someone prison time for something like this.

I mean, if they can't pay the restitution to the government, that's one thing, but he obviously can. So what's the good of putting him in jail? If the money gets paid back, the debt to society is repaid as far as I'm concerned.

That's like saying corporate executives who make millions doing white collar crime, stealing millions from their companies and bailing, leaving it in ruins just deserve a fine and a slap on the wrist. Monetary crimes are crimes too, and you shouldn't expect to get out of punishment just because you've got money. Even if that's the way the real world tends to work.

It's because he essentially stole money from the American public. You pay your taxes (assuming you're both an American and not a felon). You expect everyone else to, as the sum of your taxes is used to pay for the exploits of your elected government. Now how well that actually works is of course up for debate (seriously, it's pretty damn misspent), but the matter is, he's using the services of the US government without paying for them. He is stealing from the government, and by extension, from you, and every other American taxpayer, by some proportionally small amount. That carries a serious punishment. Now a 200 year sentence is a bit excessive, but you have to be a real douche to evade taxes and then lie about it in court.

Hovind just happens to be exactly that kind of douche. He's lucky to get off with 10 years, and should be damn grateful.

He did it to illegally make millions of dollars off of naiieve people who will believe his lies. Seriously, almost every word that comes out of his mouth during lectures is dead, verifiably wrong. You can see them on youtube. He ostensibly does not copyright them, but he does sell them for profit. Unless I'm seriously overestimating his intelligence, he knows he's wrong on many counts, but continues using the same lines despite being refuted solidly countless times. Even Answers in Genesis tells people that they shouldn't use most of his arguments, and they're almost as bad as he is.

Originally posted by SteveAndrew
Look, I have posted a topic (which I'm sure some of you have have seen) and it'd be nice to post any more evidence (that means facts) contradicting evolution. As with everything you have too take away the parts you like. I happen to like all of Hovinds seminars and believe in his viewpoint. And until somebody accurately discredits with concrete evidence (not kenthovind.com) I will change my viewpoint. But until that happens I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ.

You don't have to believe in the interpretation of the bible that Hovind believes to be a Christian, and a believer in Jesus Christ. In fact, the majority of Christians don't. Seriously, if you have any interest in your beliefs coinciding with the real world, you'd be better off taking a more liberal interpretation. Hovind's beliefs are OBJECTIVELY, VERIFYABLY INCORRECT, and have been shown, to him, to be incorrect. Science can't touch god, but when you start making claims that have observable effects, it damn well can call you on it when you're talking out your ass.

And Hovind has quite the verbose ass.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

Hi 11Bravo Sakii here how you doing...Have to agree with you as the man clearly showed his displeasure at the racist neanderthal type links touted by Smithsonian Institute of so called Science. Also it was the smithsonian institute that clearly tried to erase the history of hemp. Taking into consideration the recent expose' about the Church of Canada and their involvment in deliberate genocide of Native Americans seems to me the man was just a good old fashion traditional values teacher with the usual plus's and minuses we all have simple as that. Didnt look to me like he was waving a Nazi Swastika !

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hi there how are you...these people on about Hovinds jail term must be sending the IRS their Christmas bonuses, the way they're carrying on- and thats going to be a real sore point if they ever discover any of the talks given by Edward G Griffin... on the federal reserve. I guess we' had better get the handkerchiefs ready for the them cos i can see the cracks appearing already...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

If I never lied or never wanted to not pay taxes then I quess I can
have this same Judgmental attitude.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The charges pressed against hovind when in court are nothin g compared to charges pressed against him when arrested.

Watch out
if you ever stand for something which either the media or the illuminati does not like, cause you will get burned!

Check THIS out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join