It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Dino locked up for 10 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The almighty architect (The IRS) has finally punished this *insult removed*

Hovind was sentenced on January 19, 2007 to ten years in prison and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of $640,000. After his prison term finishes, he will have to serve another three years of probation. A tearful Hovind had hoped to avoid prison, telling the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."

That should make him *Insult removed*

Mod Edit: Foul language editted out - cheers, alien

[edit on 8-3-2010 by alien]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
he got off lightly
he could have gotten 200+ years for doing this

yeah, this guy is the type of person that says he wins any debate he enters....

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

by Jugg
The almighty architect (The IRS)

At least we know who you worship. Just watch out, you may be the next one to get audited!
Think you did everything right do ya? Think again, they've made it so everyone is 'gettable'. Funny to watch the neighbor fall on his butt in the snow, not so funny when we fall on our butt.

punished this douchebag.

Enjoy belittling others do we? This reveals much about your character.

My statements in no way condone the actions or inactions of this man. I simply find it distasteful when people put on their 'holier than thou' fake garbage.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
My statements in no way condone the actions or inactions of this man. I simply find it distasteful when people put on their 'holier than thou' fake garbage.

Eared One,

If the above is true, then you must really, really find Hovind distateful. After all, he's been producing fake garbage such as this for years and years.

Harte

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Eared One,

If the above is true, then you must really, really find Hovind distateful. After all, he's been producing fake garbage such as this for years and years.

Harte

I dont agree with all of Hovinds theories, but for the most part he is correct IMO.
You guys can call names and say he has produced garbage all you want, but regardless of what you say, Hovind woke more people up to the NWO than anyone on this board.
If that makes him a 'douchebag' or a 'garbage producer' then you must be rooting for a different team then I am.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
You guys can call names and say he has produced garbage all you want, but regardless of what you say, Hovind woke more people up to the NWO than anyone on this board.

one of his theories states that the NWO doesn't want us to become like switzerland
a country he claims requires every family to have a machine gun with at least 100 rounds in the house....

If that makes him a 'douchebag' or a 'garbage producer' then you must be rooting for a different team then I am.

the team of logical thought and reason?

what's surprising is that the guy only got 4% of the maximum sentence

edit to add:
here's one of "dr. dino's" great conspiracy points:

I think when somebody does study this and realises that a ball falling from the top of the Twin Towers would fall in nine and a half seconds and the Towers came down in ten and a half seconds. Something's wrong.
Truth Radio 8 September 2006 @ 14:40 (Tape 1)

clearly the good "doctor" does not understand the difference between the rate of collapse of an object in which solid mass is slowing the motion and the rate of fall of an object which is subject only to wind resistance...

[edit on 1/23/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Even JESUS said to pay your taxes.

Hovind is scum. The man is a liar, and now he's a convicted felon. Hovind deserves the derision he is getting.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What did he lie about?
Any links?
Were they lies, or opinions?

Where is this claim about Switzerland?
Any links?

There is a link, in big bold red letters, at the top of this page, about a man named Ed Brown, that refuses to pay federal income taxes.
Will you folks be saying he deserves his fate? Is he 'scum'? A 'douchebag'?

Hovind showed up for court.
Hovind never threatened anyone.
Hovind didnt barricade himself in his home.
Hovind never had a 'standoff'.

All Hovind tried to do was educate people about the NWO and God.
What a scummy douchebag.

Madness, your 'logical thought' and 'reason' cause you to believe that there is no God.

Good luck in your Godless world.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

What did he lie about?
Any links?
Were they lies, or opinions?

They're lies. Claiming to be a tax exempt ministry, when he's not, is lying. Claiming that he is earns a regular taxable income in order to initiate bankruptcy proceedings, and then saying he earns no wages, is a lie. He claims to be a Dr., which is a lie, he does not have a verifiable, recognized, and legitimate degree.

He also lies about what a debate that he is participating in is about, during the debate, then admits that he can't possibly successfully win the debate, and THEN sells videos of the debate to people on his website under the heading "successful debate"
www.kent-hovind.com...

He also lies about evolutionary theory, stating, when he knows full well that it isn't true, that evolution says the more chromosomes you have, the more evolved you are:
www.kent-hovind.com...

He also lies about having a $250k contest, where material is submited to a committe of judges, but then actually simply takes the material himself and throws it out:
www.kent-hovind.com...

He also lies about 'embyro gill slits':
www.kent-hovind.com...

He also lies about what Darwin actually said about the evolution of the eye:
www.kent-hovind.com...

And he's lied about practically everything he's ever said to promote his version of creationism. It can't even be argued that some of his 'proofs' for creationism are the result his own gross incompetence and negligence, his simple and straightforward 'errors' have been pointed out to him repeatedly, and yet he still passes them on. Thats lying. Thats not a matter of opinion. Telling people that 1+1=3, especially after someone shows you that it is actually 2, IS a lie.

Ed Brown, that refuses to pay federal income taxes.
Will you folks be saying he deserves his fate? Is he 'scum'? A 'douchebag'?

I'd say so, yeah.

Hovind never threatened anyone.

He threatened to sue the investigators for investigating him.

Hovind never had a 'standoff'.

So because he didn't start shooting at people, he's aok?

All Hovind tried to do was educate people about the NWO and God.

The man's a liar. He did it all to make money, and he made thousands. His wicked ways finally caught up with him.

Good luck in your Godless world.

Hovind's the one disobeying direct commands from jesus, to pay taxes, to not be a 'liar for christ', etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

punished this douchebag.

I like to see a criminal get his punishment. I like to a deciever get his punishment.

This man has avoided paying taxes for years, making hundreds of thousands of dollars, from naive christians, and from the american goverment.

His lies are making people believe in fairy tales, convinced that they are scientific proveable stories. Which they are not.

It pleased me when i heard he got his sentence. It pleased even more when i heard that he cried in court.

This guy is a lying douchebag, and he knows he ís lying.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

by nygdan
Even JESUS said to pay your taxes.

Hovind is scum. The man is a liar, and now he's a convicted felon. Hovind deserves the derision he is getting.

Christ also said, 'Let him who hath no Sin cast the first stone'. You're doin' a good job at that!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I actually went to high school (Pensacola Christian Academy) with the Hovind children. They were nice people, but I totally disagree with their beliefs and way of doing things. As a side note - that school has really screwed up a lot of people.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by spiritconnections]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
here's the switzerland gun quote

Did you know that in Switzerland every household must have a fully automatic machine gun and 1,000 rounds of ammunition? [.....] Have you noticed that Switzerland has never been invaded? Would you invade a country like that? Gun control is stupid!

Source: Unmasking the False Religion of Evolution Chapter 4 - a transcript of Kent Hovind's early sermons circa 1996

now, the website kent-hovind.com had a great explaination of the stupidity and absurdity of this statement:

Hovind seems unaware that Switzerland is politically neutral - yikes! The Swiss have a civialian guard instead of a formal army.

anyway, the whole website has a lot of stupid and ridiculous things he said
like that vaccination is bad
when in fact it is based on sound science
and it's been going on since ancient times

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Christ also said, 'Let him who hath no Sin cast the first stone'. You're doin' a good job at that!

He also said to pay your taxes and not be a liar-for-christ. If jesus is angry with anyone, its hovind, not me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
yeah hovid was sorta scummy. I'm with nygdan on this one. Jesus would have been mighty mad at hovid.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ok...
This is gonna sound really n00bish, so you'll have to forgive me, but... yeah... Dr. Dino? What did he actually do/say in the first place?

I know you're prolly all gonna shoot me down, but if you don't know summat you might as well ask, right?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razorback61
Ok...
This is gonna sound really n00bish, so you'll have to forgive me, but... yeah... Dr. Dino? What did he actually do/say in the first place?

I know you're prolly all gonna shoot me down, but if you don't know summat you might as well ask, right?

Thanks

Kent Hovind aka. Dr. Dino, is a the biggest creationism disinformer out there.

Kent E. Hovind (born January 15, 1953) is an American evangelist and prominent Young Earth creationist who is serving a ten year term in U.S. federal prison for tax fraud. The self-styled "Dr. Dino" (whose Ph.D, from an unaccredited university, is in Christian education) established the Creation Science Evangelism Ministry in 1989.[1] Hovind previous to his convictions spoke frequently in private schools, churches, university debates and on radio and television broadcasts arguing for young earth creationism.

Heres a few links about him:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.kent-hovind.com...

And his own site:
www.drdino.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Its not that he is a creationist that he went to jail though, its that he lied about his tax exempt status, refused to pay taxes, despite have a multimillion dollar business.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

one of his theories states that the NWO doesn't want us to become like switzerland
a country he claims requires every family to have a machine gun with at least 100 rounds in the house....

So Im watching Rick Steves Travel on PBS this morning and he is touring Switzerland.
Amazing the things you learn when you have an open mind.
I was most amazed when Rick Steves showed us a rustic looking barn that actually contained a giant operational gun turret.
Then his guide told him that the swiss alps have numerous buildings built into them with tunnels everywhere. Everything from hospitals to factories hidden INSIDE the swiss alps.
Then his guide took him into his own house and showed him what he claimed most Swiss homes have, a concrete fallout bunker in the basement, and behind the 2000 pound door he proudly displayed his machine gun, gas mask and rucksack. The guide said that switzerland is full of 'minutemen' that have their own weapons and ammo and that everybody serves 20 years in the reserves.

Who woulda figured huh?
Seem like Mr. Hovinds assertion isnt as absurd as you would have us believe, is it?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.
The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.

This is in a very large part due to Switzerland's unique system of national defence, developed over the centuries.

Instead of a standing, full-time army, the country requires every man to undergo some form of military training for a few days or weeks a year throughout most of their lives.

Between the ages of 21 and 32 men serve as frontline troops. They are given an M-57 assault rifle and 24 rounds of ammunition which they are required to keep at home.

Once discharged, men serve in the Swiss equivalent of the US National Guard, but still have to train occasionally and are given bolt rifles. Women do not have to own firearms, but are encouraged to.

But despite the wide ownership and availability of guns, violent crime is extremely rare. There are only minimal controls at public buildings and politicians rarely have police protection.

Mark Eisenecker, a sociologist from the University of Zurich told BBC News Online that guns are "anchored" in Swiss society and that gun control is simply not an issue.

Some pro-gun groups argue that Switzerland proves their contention that there is not necessarily a link between the availability of guns and violent crime in society.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Here's some reliable info regarding the gun/army situation in Switzerland.

However, Hovind is still a liar and fraud, one of the foremost 'liars for jesus'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join