It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

429th Masonic Degree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is commemorated to Appak whose commplaint of the concept of "low level" and "high level" masons did not fall on deaf ears.

More than a joke it should be taken as a better understanding - as he said he should have his ring changed to say "428th degree" but then some yahoo would believe there is a secretive 429th degree that is hidden.

The fact of the matter is the structure of Freemasonry is that each Grand Lodge is all powerful in its own jurisdiction, what unites Freemasons is not rule of law (as a country) but rule of the divine and having the same landmarks. So any lodge following the antient landmarks is recognised by another of the same.

This tradition unites Masons - whom otherwise have no authority over eachother. A 33rd in one jurisdiction is only honored in another and unknown if in more.

The power in each jurisdiction resides with the Grand Master who may not be a 33rd he may be just a 3rd or perhaps a Knight Templar or any varient.

And so Masonry cannot be ruled on high as it is governed by philosophie and not rule of law. If it were to be governed by rule of law the man with the most "clout" would undoubtedly be the Duke of Kent Prince of England.

Even he is not a central figure.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi FreiMaurer,

I've actually re-thought my idea. Now I think I'll take my ring and have the jeweler engrave it with "nth °" That way NO ONE can claim to be of a "higher" degree than me.

Heck, I might even put "N.W.O." on one side and a Skull & Crossed Bones on the other.

That'll drive 'em crazy!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How about just tattoo across your forehead "I'm in the know"? EH? Too extreme??

join