It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange footprints in my woods

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I could see how it might be a rabbit... for those saying that its to big well thats just not true... rabbits can get pretty big... not to mention if they are in a full run... but for those saying those are definitley rabbits footprints due to the snow or other conditions... i grew up on a farm... i CHASED the rabbits... even in powder they never left foot prints like that... i wouldnt assume rabbit so quickly... but iv been wrong in the past *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Im telling you those are rabbit prints. Thats the impression the rabbits body makes as it slams into the ground when it jumps. When its moving fast the rabbits front legs will hit the ground first, than his hind legs will land in front of his front legs, making a much wider impression in the front of the "print".

Slow motion footage of running rabbits(complete with cheesy music).

Following taken from HERE

It is fun to track rabbits in snow or muddy places. Look for 3 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch-long hind foot tracks that show in front of the smaller, round 1 x 1 inch front foot tracks. The feet are usually about 6 inches apart and leaps between sets of tracks are few feet apart. Rabbit tracks are pretty easy to spot.

Sound familiar?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Rabbit.
That's not a single footprint. It's actually the impression of the entire rabbit's body from hopping. I've seen those same tracks plenty of times where I grew up during the winter.
It's rabbit.
Honestly, I kid you not!

[edit on 20-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here ya go , took me about 2 minutes .

Rabbit track image came from THIS site..

So now, you can once again walk around outside confident that you are indeed at the top of the food chain.

That rabbit was really moving though. Were there any fox tracks nearby?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
there are fox that live in the woods actually. I raise chickens for fun for my daughter each year, and the foxes eat all of them before winter
)

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Savage rifle in .17hmr or .22mag will help with your fox problem. From experience, you'll only have to kill one or 2 before you chicken problems are gone.

I may get flamed for saying "shott the pretty fox". People dont understand what kind of problems foxes , rabbits and groundhogs cause.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yeah my chickens ROCK...lol, they roam around the yard and never take off. Really they are too stupid for their own good, and probably why the foxes eat'um all up. They will walk right up to people, and are slow as hell. I must have some pretty well feed foxes, i saw one chasing after my cock (lol) a few months ago and blasted him with the .22 (also popped a few rounds off at a cat actually in the coup). I'll go do some more exploring today for the prints, would sure support things to find some little bunny poo. Yea with all the werewolf sightings in my area I'm always keeping an eye out for prints in the snow. From what i've read unlike bigfoot, the werewolf thing actually is pretty aggressive and will attack people... maybe i better pick up some silver bullets

www.cnb-scene.com...

www.cnb-scene.com...

[edit on 21-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:Skinwalker_Footprint.jpg

Ran across this image while reading up on the skinwalker ranch phenomenon. Saw this and immediately saw some simmularities with your footprint.

I like the rabbit or fox theory myslef, but thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i'm willing to bet the skinwalker footprint is a rabbit too........ The similaritys are there.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
oh wonderful right when i was starting to feel safe

yeah that skinwalker footprint looks alot more similar than anything else i've seen on the net and seems to be the best match. Maybe it too is a rabbit footprint. It just snowed today and i hope new prints come up as i will be watching.

This photograph was taken by Steven Rinehart. It is one of thousands of strange animal prints, roughly 17 inches long, near Skinwalker Ranch. Arguably (almost certainly) rabbit tracks

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ah hah! check this out
i really do have too much free time. Alot of photoshop editing went into that to convert the tiny black/white skinwalker print into the print shown below. I think i did a good job of recreating the print as if it had occured side-by-side with my own print.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ok, sod the rabbit theory, what about a hare! Those things are huuuuuuuuge! Hit one with the car once by accident, jeezus do they make a mess, couldnt it be a one of them?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
no rabbit i know of has a larger foot than my own. However with the combined back and front feet it is definatly possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well....my husband and I were out the other day and we found this:

This, we believe to be a bunny....my print is next to it.

This picture was taken the same day, about 250 feet away from the first. It was in an area closer to the road with not as much snow. I have no clue what this one is, again my print is on the right. I wear a size 8 (womens):

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
thanks for posting, pretty similiar to the prints i am seeing

how far apart are the prints? Are they in a set like a person walking or like a 4 legged creature walking?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i live in southern wisconsin. We have ALOT of deer, but those prints are easy to find and i'm a avid hunter. If it is a deer or elk i'd be interested to know!

Dude I found prints a lot like that in my backyard. (I live in OH) have you seen any wierd creatures or had any strange experiences?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sky1,

Your mystery printes are in fact several dog prints clumped together. I took the liberty of flipping and (crudely
) circling the clearer prints

Four toes, visible claw marks, and a three-lobed pad. What you've got there are two dogs chasing each other and horsing around on the roadside.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Dude I found prints a lot like that in my backyard. (I live in OH) have you seen any wierd creatures or had any strange experiences?

Yes all the time, however not on my own property unfortunately. I also live 15 miles away from the "brey road beast" sightings and other werewolf/bigfoot sightings in the Lima Marsh area. Thats why i'm on the lookout for anything strange in my own woods.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
lol found this by accident, click the image its called the john deer floor cover..

[edit on 19-2-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey i live in wales and have the exact same footprints around our area, i would believe its a rabbit apart from the fact that the appear in the middle of the field and end near the river and there is about 4 lines of this. I went out today and found one fresh print, just one by its self, kinda wired. Some are really deep others barely penetrate the snow. I do have pictures just not sure how to get them on here :/

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join