It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien influence on Hollywood......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
HI EVERYONE!

I was curious as to whether or not you think Hollywood is influencing the UFO/alien community, or are Aliens controlling Hollywood?

Do you think that the movie Stargate was made with alien influence?

How about Star Trek.........purely fictictious, or the work of alien influence?

What about a rather unbiased movie, C0ntact?

What about Aliens .......was that disinfo to scare the public about interaction with alien species?

Thanks in advance for sharing your views,
David

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its an interesting premise. John Carpenter explored it quite well in the B Sci/Fi movie title "They Live" which is one of my favorites. It essentialy revolved around alien control of the media which was using subliminal messages to influce humans.

If you wanted to control a population usurping thier media/entertainment would be the way to go IMHO. But, in terms of Sci/Fi its seems to be all over the place with good aliens, bad alients etc etc rather than a predetermined push towards something.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Its an interesting premise. John Carpenter explored it quite well in the B Sci/Fi movie title "They Live" which is one of my favorites. It essentialy revolved around alien control of the media which was using subliminal messages to influce humans.

If you wanted to control a population usurping thier media/entertainment would be the way to go IMHO. But, in terms of Sci/Fi its seems to be all over the place with good aliens, bad alients etc etc rather than a predetermined push towards something.

Yes! "They Live" was the first movie that ever made me think that Hollywood was a vehicle for Aliens influence.

What about the series "V"? I was rather young but this series scared the crap out of me and was the first place that most people ever heard of the Reptilian type alien.............Was this a warning to the human race about reptilians, or was this the start of the Reptilian phenom' that is being adopted as fact currently?

Would love to know if the meme about Reptilians exsisted before the series "V" and whether or not this can be proven.

If there were no reports of reptilians before the series "V", then I think we have our answer of who is influencing who.

thx for any response,
David

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I also wonder if the idea of reptilians were conceived from the series V I liked that series btw.

I have to agree wth the poster, that aliens are portrayed as either good or bad

I watched the series Invasion, on DVD. I loved it. In the documentary about it, Shaun Cassidy (the director, producer, writer) says it may not really have been about aliens invading, but more a story of evolution.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
greerISaFraud premise is an interesting one and would dovetail necely with past history and the use of propaganda by government to steer public opinion towards a predetermined outcome.

If you go by that premise, competing alien influences could be at work here as evidence by the variety of portrayals of Aliens in general. Benign, dangerous etc.

The Xfiles had this notion in several episodes where the evil alien influence was being counteracted by one that was fighting them and the battle ground was our planet.

top topics

join