It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorable Movie Quotes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"The Names Bond, James Bond."

-Every James Bond Movie Every Made.

-TD

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is the day you will always remember as the day you almoast caught Jack Sparrow!

Pirates of the Caribean

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Al Pacino (Michael Corleone): "My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse." Godfather

Richard Castellano (Pete Clemenza): "It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes." Godfather

Al Pacino (Michael Corleone): "Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in." Godfather Part III

*Patrick Swayze (Johnny): "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Dirty Dancing*

*Allow me to explain myslef: I have an older sister. My mother bought her the VHS tape of Dirty Dancing when we were kids (I was around 12.) We didn't have cable so I watched this cinematic masterpiece more times than I'd care to admit. Such jewels as "Nobody puts baby in a corner" have been permanetly burned into my psyche. I can't help it. Do not judge me. I'm still a good person.*

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
From the movie The Silence Of The Lambs.

Hannibal Lecter - “A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!”

-tts

[edit: fixed bolding]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
T.V. Interviewer: How do you account for the fact that the bombing campaign has been going on for thirteen years?

Mr. Helpmann: Beginners' luck.

From Brazil by Terri Gilliam

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Morpheus:" This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. "

-Matrix

And it's ok to post more than one line everyone! I should have put best movie quotes maybe the mods can edit the Title for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't know if its the best one liner or quote, but you've gotta love, from the Usual Suspects

"Hand me the keys, you * *sucker"
"In ENGLISH "
"Hand me the keys, you * *sucker, wtf!?!"

Originally posted by Rren
Dirty Dancing*

*Allow me to explain myslef

Too funny! But I can sympathize, my sister was obsessed with that movie. Pretty much every girl is. So every go out there has seen it more than he'd care to admit!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking again."

Godfather

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
theres numerous ones I like

Scarface: "You got beautiful legs, beautiful face, got all these guys in love with you, but you got a look in your eye like you havent been f***** in a year"

Gladiator: "What we do in life, echoes through eternity"

300 (havent seen it but good line): Persian- "Our arrows will block out the sun" Spartan- "Then we will fight in the shade"

and the greatest movie quotes are......

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Enter the Dragon: "Boards dont hit back"

Karate Kiba: "...and they shall know that I am Chiba, the bodyguard, when I shall lay my vengance upon them"

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"We've got zips in the wire............we've got zips in the wire!"

Platoon

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Branegif
This is a funny one from the same movie Bravehart

Tell them Wiliam Wallace will not be ruled!

He eventually faltered though didn't he?

No, actually he was tortured and executed because he refused to submit to English rule.

Edited to add: some of my favorites :

" Remember, wherever you go, there you are" - Peter Weller in Buckaroo Bonzai Across The 8th Dimension

"Listen, do you smell something?"- Dan Ackroyd in Ghostbusters

" A man's got to know his limitations" - Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force

[edit on 7/4/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
From Raising Arizona

"Hi, the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocery."

"You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

"Son, you got a panty on your head."

From Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"You must bring us a new shrubbery and put it here beside this one, with a little path running down the middle. Then you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with ... a herring!"

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"Shut the f**k up, Donny."

-The Big Lebowski.

Heh great movie.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From Animal House:

Dean Wormer: "Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

Also from the same movie...

Greg : But Delta's already on probation.

Dean Wormer: They are? Well, as of this moment, they're on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

From Monty Pyhon and the Holy Grail:

French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?

French Soldier: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh, God! Don't!
I've told you everything!

I know, Rick.
I know you did.
But let's pretend you didn't..

from Darkman,great movie

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"But when you're gone, I dream of the bloody rain..."
-Tomoe from the Rurouni Kenshin OVA

"Yeah, but, remember the part where it's a trap?."
_Wash from Serenity

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
First one might be a little long for some of you to read but...

"Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal. After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one. This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets! - A woman... so ugly on the inside she couldn't bear to go on living if she couldn't be beautiful on the outside. A drug dealer, a drug dealing pederast, actually! And let's not forget the disease-spreading whore! Only in a world this shi**y could you even try to say these were innocent people and keep a straight face..."

- John Doe from Se7en

"He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take, and he still has Hell to look forward to."

- Dr. Beardsley also from Se7en

"They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory."

- Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption

"We got no food, no jobs... our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

"I get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog."

- Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber

"I'm lookin' at your face and I just wanna smash it. I just wanna f**in' smash it with a sledgehammer and squeeze it. You're so pretty."

- Barry from Punch Drunk Love

"Heineken? F*** that s***! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

- Frank Booth from Blue Velvet

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

- Principal from Billy Madison

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bit**, you knew I was a snake."

- Indian in Natural Born Killers

[edit on 7/10/2007 by ddoT]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Jake Taylor: "What are you gonna have?"

Willie Mays Hayes: "I don't know. What language is this?"

Jake Taylor: "French."

Rick Vaughn: "They got chili dogs over there?"

Jake Taylor: "Forget it. I'll order."

Major League

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"It shows one thing Mr. Hooper. It show's that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong"
-Quint from Jaws

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates…you never know what you're gonna get."~ Forrest Gump

Erwin "Whistler" Emory:
I want peace on earth and good will toward men.

Bernard Abbott:
We are the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing.
~Sneakers

Martin Bishop:
You know I could have been in the N.S.A., but they found out my parents were married.~ also from Sneakers

Alex Rogan:
When did the hanger go up?

Grig:
I told you, when Xur attacked.

Alex Rogan:
And, where were the starfighters?

Grig:
In the hanger.

Alex Rogan:
You mean they're dead?

Grig:
Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil, in another dimension.

~ The Last Starfighter

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join