It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Let's Praise Jesus--His Work Through Others

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Because there's something bigger than he is leading him around and he doesn't know he's bound to it.


or maybe because some of us see the mythic figure of "jesus" had some truth in the teachings attributed to him...

mel pointed out the whole "atheists for 'jesus'" argument
i believe "jesus" had some great ideas
though i still believe "jesus" was a myth




posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I have stated this once before, and I will state it once again, people like melatonin and madness are proof that the bibles prophecies are coming true.

Madness and meatonin, I would like to thank you both for confirming the bibles prophecies are true and making my faith stronger, once again, THANK YOU.


Ummm, yeah, you're welcome...

Does the prophecy involve an agnostic-atheist questioning the ethical status of people who 'lie for jesus'?

Glad to know the bible writers were thinking about me...



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I have stated this once before, and I will state it once again, people like melatonin and madness are proof that the bibles prophecies are coming true.

Madness and meatonin, I would like to thank you both for confirming the bibles prophecies are true and making my faith stronger, once again, THANK YOU.


Ummm, yeah, you're welcome...

Does the prophecy involve an agnostic-atheist questioning the ethical status of people who 'lie for jesus'?

Glad to know the bible writers were thinking about me...


Here you go, if this book wasn't written 2000 years ago, I would have sworn someone was describing you and madness.


Godlessness in the Last Days
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.2 TIMOTHY 3


You see, I guess you do have a purpose after all. Once again, thanks for confirming this prophecy.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
You see, I guess you do have a purpose after all. Once again, thanks for confirming this prophecy.


well, there are a lot of claims there that I don't feel apply to me. Can you point out the ones that you think do...

[edit on 20-1-2007 by melatonin]



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll put them in bold for you.


: Godlessness in the Last Days
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.2 TIMOTHY 3


[edit on 20-1-2007 by thehumbleone]



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I'll put them in bold for you.


: Godlessness in the Last Days
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.2 TIMOTHY 3


[edit on 20-1-2007 by thehumbleone]


Lovers of self - Well, I have self-esteem, don't love myself more than the people I love but no real narcisism.

Lovers of money - I gave up a higher paid job to have more life satisfaction and time with my son and partner. But, I do need money to eat and survive like most people. However, I don't spend all my time seeking it and advancing my wealth.

Boastful - in the eye of the beholder I reckon. I haven't boasted of any achievements, well, unless you say having self-esteem and loving my son is boastful. Could easily apply to you.

Proud - I'm proud of some of my achievements, but I never sit on my laurels and always try to acheive more. I'm proud of my son. Could easily apply to you.

Ungrateful - nah, I have great manners.

unholy - If it means do I pray daily to a sky-daddy, I guess I'm not.

Without love - well, I hope you can see I've refuted that one. I love my close family and they love me.

unforgiving - not at all. I forgive those who hurt me and apologise. Being in a close relationship, you learn to do this.

slanderous - probably just as easily applies to you.

without self-control - well, I can control my self quite easily. Moreso than good old Haggard and Hovind.

conceited - nah, when you mix with people who are brilliant people, you tend to view your abilities as not so special.

lover of pleasure rather than god - yeah, ouch, got me there.

having godly form - haha, I am not omnipotent or omniscient, far from it.

learning but not accepting Truth(TM) - I guess as the Truth is the capitalised version, the version that is not real objective truth. Yeah, I guess I don't accept your version of truth.

And as you ignored lots of other things that should apply to me, plus all the things that are clearly wrong, the prophecy is a duff one.

You need to look elsewhere. Sorry.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.2 PETER 3


Sound familiar to anyone else?



[edit on 20-1-2007 by thehumbleone]



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Good one humble!

Originally posted by thehumbleone
"...having a form of godliness but denying its power..."

Madness:
"i believe "jesus" had some great ideas, though i still believe "jesus" was a myth"
"i don't deny that "jesus" is the christ in the framework of christian mythos,
i simply deny that said figure is historical"
"i'm anti CHRISTIANITY"

[edit on 20-1-2007 by rocknroll]



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Practicing appears to be less denominational than preaching.



It's like some kind of cannibalistic invasive bacterial infection..,
..,the bottom line almost always dictates the basest instinct.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Originally posted by thehumbleone
"...having a form of godliness but denying its power..."

Madness:
"i believe "jesus" had some great ideas, though i still believe "jesus" was a myth"
"i don't deny that "jesus" is the christ in the framework of christian mythos,
i simply deny that said figure is historical"
"i'm anti CHRISTIANITY"


why is this becoming a "let's bash madness" thread?
all i did was come in here and deny that gandhi was primarily influenced by christianity
i was going to bring up dr. king jr. as a contribution, but it had been done already

RnR, you lost the argument when you said this


Just accept it.....you're evil and wicked. It's written all over your posts.


and the thing is, you say that because of my personal belief that religion is corrosive
that is called bigotry
hating a person for how they were born or what they believe is bigotry
hate my ideas
but don't call me evil and wicked
because most people think i'm a decent human being



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
........but don't call me evil and wicked

Sorry, but anyone who opposes God is evil and wicked, deep inside.
If you don't believe me read about it in the OT and NT.
Your soul for whatever reason cannot deal with God, thus you reject Him. Sad.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
because most people think i'm a decent human being

Outward appearances are deceiving.
Which is why I never judge a book by it's cover.

And you've let all of us see inside your book...
...and in a spiritual sense, it's ugly and Godless.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Sorry, but anyone who opposes God is evil and wicked, deep inside.
If you don't believe me read about it in the OT and NT.
Your soul for whatever reason cannot deal with God, thus you reject Him. Sad.


dammit, for the last time
i do NOT OPPOSE GOD
i oppose religion
i oppose the institutionalization of spirituality

i just think that it is highly unlikely that god exists
i don't completely rule it out
i put it this way "i am almost certain there is no god"

also, yes, i've read the OT and NT
they are quite hateful and intolerant in some places, so i'm not surprised that it would call me evil for disagreeing with it



posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
can we get back to the task at hand now?
discussion of people who have embodied the ideals of christianity
isn't that what we were supposed to be discussing?



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
rocknroll>> Let me ask you, do you worship Allah? And Mohammed, The holy prophet?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join