It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creationists/IDists, admit your defeat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I'm being disingenuous?

What about you in the "did Jesus exist" forum?

You stay aloof from all the questions tylersch has been asking you and madness, why is that?

Atheism is a BELIEF that God does not exist.

haha, now you change the subject.

Yes, you are being disingenuous. This is just more evidence. You probably read PZ's posts and didn't even understand them.

And you don't understand atheism either. I have no belief in gods. I have proof that your god doesn't exist, the YEC creating dinos alongside man god. I have evidence that it doesn't, just like Zeus on top of mount olympus, no faith required.

I don't even have an issue with tylersch. I have actually supported his position to a degree (that Jesus has a historical nature, that Buddha wasn't a virgin birth), but realising that means actually reading what I say, not what you want me to say.

cheers.

Think what you want, I don't care.

Oh, and you have no proof God doesn't exist, if there was such a thing, this wouldn't be a debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Oh, and you have no proof God doesn't exist, if there was such a thing, this wouldn't be a debate.

There are many different versions of god. The YEC version is but one, his error was to make testable real-world claims.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

There are many different versions of god. The YEC version is but one, his error was to make testable real-world claims.

looking back on it
very few other deities do so
the only ones that do are shrine based ones, and those so called shine miracles can be easily explained as stage tricks

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh my gods! (Battlestar Galactica-anyone?)

Some scientists found a two story house in the middle of the jungle, where no man has lived before. It has windows, a shingled roof, a carport and blue trim. They theorize that the trees in the surrounding area no longer were happy with their existing state and decided to split themselves into planks and live in this better way of life.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. Don't hate me.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by lostinspace]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is proof of evolution, but there is no proof of a God! God is all faith. Faith is pretty much what you were raised to believe. Yes, there are alot of ppl out there that grow up and decide for themselves what they believe, but for the most part religion is what you are taught, plain and simple. if we were not taught religion, what would we believe in? who knows!

I am, personally, an agnostic. I admit I have no freakin clue! I do believe in evolution, but there has to be something beautiful out there to create all that we see

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wait a sec, where is there proof of evolution?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
you show me the proof of creationism and i will show you proof of evolution

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

well
besides the vast fossil record
then again IDists attempt to pick at because it isn't complete, not understanding exactly how lucky we are to have the fossils we do have

well, Nygdan posted this in another thread
Observed Instances of Speciation

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
our fossil record is not complete because we are not done searching. plain and simple!

btw..thank you

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Where's the fossil record? isn't the earth millions of years old, imagine all those years and we cant even find the fossils, there should be billions.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's all around you and reported in the scientific literature. If you put your 2000 year old book down and open your eyes and make an effort, you'll find it.

Here's some I prepared in another thread.

Where's the fossil record? isn't the earth millions of years old, imagine all those years and we cant even find the fossils, there should be billions.

Claim CC200.1:
Given all the species that exist and have existed, there should be billions of transitional fossils in the fossil record; we should have found tens of thousands at least.
Source:
Gish, Duane T., 1994. When is a whale a whale? Impact 250 (Apr.). www.icr.org...
Response:
Some important factors prevent the formation of fossils from being common:

Fossilization itself is not a particularly common event. It requires conditions that preserve the fossil before it becomes scavenged or decayed. Such conditions are common only in a very few habitats, such as river deltas, peat bogs, and tar pits. Organisms that do not live in or near these habitats will be preserved only rarely.

Many types of animals are fragile and do not preserve well.

Many species have small ranges. Their chance of fossilization will be proportionally small.

The evolution of new species probably is fairly rapid in geological terms, so the transitions between species will be uncommon.

Passenger pigeons, once numbered in the billions, went extinct less than 200 years ago. How many passenger pigeon fossils can you find? If they are hard to find, why should we expect to find fossils that are likely from smaller populations and have been subject to millions of years of potential erosion?

Other processes destroy fossils. Erosion (and/or lack of deposition in the first place) often destroys hundreds of millions of years or more of the geological record, so the geological record at any place usually has long gaps. Fossils can also be destroyed by heat or pressure when buried deep underground.

As rare as fossils are, fossil discovery is still rarer. For the most part, we find only fossils that have been exposed by erosion, and only if the exposure is recent enough that the fossils themselves do not erode.

As climates change, species will move, so we cannot expect a transition to occur all at one spot. Fossils often must be collected from all over a continent to find the transitions.

Only Europe and North America have been well explored for fossils because that is where most of the paleontologists lived. Furthermore, regional politics interfere with collecting fossils. Some fabulous fossils have been found in China only recently because before then the politics prevented most paleontology there.

The shortage is not just in fossils but in paleontologists and taxonomists. Preparing and analyzing the material for just one lineage can take a decade of work. There are likely hundreds of transitional fossils sitting in museum drawers, unknown because nobody knowledgeable has examined them.

Description of fossils is often limited to professional literature and does not get popularized. This is especially true of marine microfossils, which have the best record.

If fossilization were so prevalent and young-earth creationism were true, we should find indications in the fossil record of animals migrating from the Ark to other continents.

www.talkorigins.org...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
why are evolutionists being asked for proof??? we have tremendous amounts more than creationists. where is the proof for that besides the biblical texts?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
once again, there is no proof of macro- evolution. please show the proof in the fossil records, oh wait, there isn't any, never mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
and honestly none of the proof at

www.creationism.org

will do for me...i need something better

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

once again, there is no proof of macro- evolution. please show the proof in the fossil records, oh wait, there isn't any, never mind.

29+ evidences for macroevolution

Take some time and educate yourself on one of the most compelling theories in science.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

29+ evidences for macroevolution

Take some time and educate yourself on one of the most compelling theories in science.

Wait, what's the key word in that sentence you just said?

"theory"

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wait, what's the key word in that sentence you just said?

"theory"

Tell me, oh humbleone what you think a scientific theory is?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i would love to hear the creationists theory...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybebaybe
i would love to hear the creationists theory...

Simple...

"goddidit"

Why bother with all the hard-work when magic will do.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hehe. ahh..it's that simple...damn, i shoulda thunk of dat.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join