It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the FED call on US military to diffuse situation in NH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
With the recent Ed Brown situation in New Hampshire, a thought occured to me that I'd be curious to see your replys on:

If Ed manages to attract a sizeable amount of armed tax protestors, which exceed the enforcing ability of federal and local authorities, could they actually enlist the services of the US military to quell the disturbance?

My first thought on this is that the FED is a private organization, and therefore technically, could not?

[edit on 20-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, let's look at our Constitution to see if they can call US Military to diffuse the situation in NH. Hmm, here is the 4th Ammendment in the Bill of Rights, you can interpret it for yourselves,

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.law.cornell.edu...

If the military, feds or local police have a warrant, they would definately be able to do a search and seizure. If they did not have a warrant I would think they would not be able to unless they get authority from either a state or federally ellected official such as Governor or President respectively.

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is nothing sure in this world but death and taxes.

As far as NH, the feds are coming sooner or later, that's my 2 cents.
[edit on 20-1-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Black helicopters. Detention centers. Suspension of posse comitatus. This could be the tipping point. Live free or die!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I would say no. The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the use of federal troops although in some cases the updated insurrection act does allow for some uses and this I do not think is one of them.

Source

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill. Section 1076 of the new law changes Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widens the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws."

The new law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
hmm, well with that very part you bolded shots, it seems then that it would take the President to call them, but yeah, with that act there appears to be the allowance to call the military if the disturbance exceeds the capability of local authority to quell it. Which basically just says see ya Posse. Nice.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What if an element of the military decided to side with these people in NH and make a stand against the FED? Then what?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What if an element of the military decided to side with these people in NH and make a stand against the FED? Then what?

hehe, curious that no one attempted to answer that...

edit to add: For a very comprehensive look at the depths of the Ed Brown case, please visit this link:

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...

Also, it should be noted to those that think he's just some screwy, would be tax defrauder, that Ed Brown has paid taxes for most of his life. He stopped filing in 1996 due to many reasons and the injustices he sees in government. Ed Brown has had enough and is making his stand. More than I can say for any armchair American like me. And probably, like you.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

If Ed manages to attract a sizeable amount of armed tax protestors, which exceed the enforcing ability of federal and local authorities, could they actually enlist the services of the US military to quell the disturbance?

Sure. You can use the military to quell an armed insurrection. Its been done before.

My first thought on this is that the FED is a private organization, and therefore technically, could not?

Well, the Federal Reserve couldn't call in the military, no. The Federal government would be the one doing it. Assuming that the state militia doesn't go in first.

Hopefully we'd wipe them out and execute any prisoners.

Low Orbit
If the military, feds or local police have a warrant, they would definately be able to do a search and seizure.

No, you don't need a warrant to put down an insurrection. The military can not enfore warrants either, so if you use a warrant, you can't use the military.

shots
Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order.

ANd this could fall under that, But, at the same time, you don't need that new addenedum to cover this anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Well, the Federal Reserve couldn't call in the military, no. The Federal government would be the one doing it. Assuming that the state militia doesn't go in first.

Well thanks for the all the input Nygdan. Only one problem...According to that link I posted just above there, NH doesn't HAVE a state militia, so to speak. In fact, that was one of the reasons Ed did this, again, according to the article if I remember correctly.

This is a pretty deep case, for sure, but will prolly end up nowhere with a dead ED and co. Ed also is the leader of a constitutionalist group, and has been pounding down the government's proverbial doors of injustice for quite some time. Alex Jones picked up on it too finally- the story is on infowars.com.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NH doesn't HAVE a state militia, so to speak.

Well, I doubt that the state militia would be doing anything anyway, more likely putting down an issurection would be by the military. In the past, the
militia would be able to respond sooner than the military, but today, i bet thats not the case.

This is a pretty deep case, for sure, but will prolly end up nowhere with a dead ED and co.

Yeah, he should probably pay his taxes. Heck, thats what he should've been doing in the first place.

Interseting to see that no one has said that the military can't attack because of the Posse Comititatus Act (I don't think it'd apply, but I am surprised it hasn't come up anyway).

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Interseting to see that no one has said that the military can't attack because of the Posse Comititatus Act (I don't think it'd apply, but I am surprised it hasn't come up anyway).

Yeah, I believe shots and I posted about it in the first few posts after the OP.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The Feds, since it is a federal agency, would have to go through the state, the governor more specifically to call up the National Guard.
\

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Think About IT]

top topics

join