It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The comet big one. what is getting done about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i was reading the post about the "big one" that could strike Earth. and i was thinking. what would happen? i mean all over th world there are official "skywatchers" or "sentinels", which get official go aheads by governments or are run by the governments. But does this mean there's another thingwe aren't getting told? because what would be the point in spending the money to keep an eye out for these things if they can't do anything about it? i personaly think there's something behind the skywatchers. like this startwars programme is to serve more than one purpose. of course there is the preparation of evacuation in case, but these people are looking for world-enders. not many places you can go if the world's gonna end. Someone's got a counter-defensive plan. i'm just wondering if anyone knew o could think of what it is?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i know i'm replying to my own message but i didn't want that one to be too long. i'm not talking about an Armageddon film style counter, but there's a lot of watching going on. it's like drawing up battle-plans and never going into battle :S

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The point in spending the money to an eye out for comets that might hit the earth, is that we'll know about these 20 or more years in advance. This gives us the time to come up with a good 'counter-defensive plan' as you call it.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by longyforlife
Someone's got a counter-defensive plan. i'm just wondering if anyone knew o could think of what it is?

I hope no such thing exists. The end has to come at some point....It is long overdue.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Someone's got a counter-defensive plan. i'm just wondering if anyone knew o could think of what it is?

I hope no such thing exists. The end has to come at some point....It is long overdue.

Dont take offense to this....but that sounded suicidal to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If the Earth is coming to an end then thats a pleasent one. Better than getting any ABC weapons dropped on our heads.
But I think the human race would at least try to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
hopefully we'll all have time to kiss our collective A$$'es goodbye

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Dont take offense to this....but that sounded suicidal to me.

LOL, none taken. No, I'm not suicidal. The problem is the human race, as a whole, not just little ole me.

Edited to add: I'm actually a selfless person. I can look beyond my simple existence and realize that the end of mankind is the only path to peace.

[Edited on 12/15/2003 by Bangin]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

LOL, none taken. No, I'm not suicidal. The problem is the human race, as a whole, not just little ole me.

I know exactly what you mean.

new topics

top topics

join