It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raid on the Reactor - Tel Aviv wiped off the map - It all happened before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I just remembered a (Military Channel) documentary film, I had seen a while ago.

Without going into detail, Israel raided a Iraqi reactor back in the 80's from great distance with modified F-16s.

They do have the experience to execute such a raid on the Iranian (Bushehr?) reactor as well.

It's astonishing how similar the situation with Iraq back then was to the current situation with Iran.

Watch it yourself: Google Video

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Only you are forgetting that Iran learnt from the Israeli attack on the Orak reactor, and that is to build more than one facility, and have them spaced across Iran.

Take into consideration that Iran is a rather big country, and that is a lot of targets over a wide area to contemplate for any attacker.

Not only alot of destruction and death in Iran, but increases the risk of the crews of any warplanes that would be involved, when taken into further consideration still, of Iran's reported air defence assets.

More targets = more casualties.

More targets=more risky attack

Repurcussions?

Iran would not take it lying down like Iraq (busy at the time in a bloody and costly war on Iran) who decided not to try to open a new front with Israel in retaliation, probably because if they had, the US, one of their primary backers in the war on Iran, would probably not be too pleased and stop their support, and Israel would retaliate in turn as well.

In conclusion, comparing the Israeli attack on Iraq, to an attack on Iran militarily and in consequential terms favourably is just not a good idea, because you can't.

So let's not go there.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
well it comes down to does iran have the ground to air missiles to defend there facilities. obviously iraq did not, but does iran, don't know what they brought from russia, but they must of learnt something.

but we don't know what iran can do to defend itself, i assume they have built a better defence than iraq. the main reason why america has surrounded iran, probably. obviously iran cannot take on america, but i am not sure what they could actually do to israel.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by andy1033]

new topics

join